Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Boy and His 6

My Cars
    2013 MINI R56S
    I like how patient the car looks sitting there. The car knows.

Congratulations on the progress, and please keep posting more.

"Entscheiden Sie sich nicht nur für ein besonderes Automobil,
    sondern auch für einen eigenen Standpunkt."

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    this is one of the best threads currenbtly going on BFC. Cool story, read the whole thing
    ITS ALIVE

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A 468

My Cars
    '80 (euro) 635csi
    Is it just me or do others feel a certain 'life blood' in the pieces of metal we call cars? They cry out to me for attention and I have to tell them, "all in time, be patient" and they are.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    "Shoot low Sheriff! They're riding Shetlands!"
    "Guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat"
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking."
    "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once."

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    That reminds me of a book aI read once on philospy, about that which we create by hand and use by hand takes a certain amt of "soul"
    ITS ALIVE

My Cars
    '80 (euro) 635csi
    Can everyone say "Christine"??

My Cars
    87-635 '78-R80/7 '96-960
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol'6erGuy
    Is it just me or do others feel a certain 'life blood' in the pieces of metal we call cars? They cry out to me for attention and I have to tell them, "all in time, be patient" and they are.
    funny you would say this.just talking to a car guy the other day and asked if i thought he was crazy for thinking a car has a spirit to it.he's thinking of getting rid of his 2002,and i'm trying to talk him into keeping it.he has a few bimmers and is going thru a spell where a couple of them are down and he want's to thin the fleet.
    i forget exactly how i reponded,but if it's a car you truely enjoy,there is something un-explanable there.
    glad to see the progress you're making.pulling the engine is a big step.

My Cars
    85 Trans Am
    Like My L7, who has never broken down, it seems such a friendly, protective, car

My Cars
    2013 MINI R56S
    The car in my avatar has something about it that even non-car people pick up on. It's kinda weird, and I don't talk about it much as it makes me sound like a lunatic. Whether it's a reflection of the energy, emotion and dedication we put into our cars or...something else *cue eerie music*, some cars just have some sort of vibe or something to them.

My Cars
    85 Trans Am
    CRap, Im signed in as CP, how doid that happen? : ?

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    Okay, anyway, you guys got me wanting an M6 again..what about that? Ive been clearing my inventory for a Ferrar 308..and its either a Ferrari or a M6...:
    ITS ALIVE

My Cars
    '83 633csi
    Tough choice there, depends on what you want to get out of the car. Im not going to lie, i have no clue about anything italian. all i know is that you can find a solid M6 with reasonable mileage for about $8-$11 grand. $11 grand if there is really nothing wrong mechanically, and the body is in great condition. $8 grand if you got one thats strong mechanically, not so bad interior, not so bad body and a good bit of miles, but with a little elbow grease youll have a great car. But enough hijacking of bills thread for today.

Anything planned for this weekend bill? Car is cleaned up, engine is out, time to look at the motor or the frame and body?

-Jeff
    1983 633csi a.k.a. Wolfie - M30B35 Swap - Getrag 265 - 3.73LSD

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    I was looking at ones with around 50 to 85 K...dont want a resto, I want to slap a sachs kit and some BBS
    ITS ALIVE

My Cars
    2013 MINI R56S
    Quote Originally Posted by jbd5015
    all i know is that you can find a solid M6 with reasonable mileage for about $8-$11 grand. $11 grand if there is really nothing wrong mechanically, and the body is in great condition.

-Jeff
    Errr...where is it you're looking? I've found some almost-project (needs body work, or needs serious interior work, essentially no records) ones for about 10-12k, good drivers (nowhere near me, of course...) starting between 12-15k with about 120k and higher miles, and then anything close to or below 100k miles seems to start at 17-18k and most are in the 20k and higher range. One that needs nothing is going to be in the 20k neighborhood, and those seem to be the most commonly available, for some reason.

I'm hitting classifieds of all kinds in at least three states, Ebay, AutoTrader, RoadFly, CraigsList, here, there, everywhere.

The good drivers have gotten snapped up seemingly within minutes of their being announced as available for sale.

To me, a good driver is something not perfect, but not in immediate need of any serious attention. A car to buy, drive, enjoy and not worry about getting that first rock chip because the first several are already there.

I know I should be able to get a very solid car for about 15k because I've seen them, I just can't get there in time. I'm half-tempted to say to hell with it and spend the extra few grand for something nearly perfect and get it overwith.

I'm not frustrated, no, not me, not at all. Sigh.

"Entscheiden Sie sich nicht nur für ein besonderes Automobil,
    sondern auch für einen eigenen Standpunkt."

My Cars
    '80 (euro) 635csi
    Not to worry about hijacking the thread. If it gets someone motivated, then go for it. I started this so I could express my feelings, desires, accomplishents, blah, blah. If any of you want to chime in with your hopes, blah, blah, blah, by all means do so!!!

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    Oh we will, post mroe pics, that ll get it back on track
    ITS ALIVE

My Cars
    '83 633csi
    Quote Originally Posted by 323I Junkie
    Oh we will, post mroe pics, that ll get it back on track
    Good call on that one, im excited to see what happens this on the next block of work you get done.

And by the way, to whom it may concern and be paying attention. I am going to go look at yet another 6er on saturday morning. '83 633csi, 5 spd, burgundy with tan interior with a truck load of extras, literally. So if i end up getting the car, im going to have a ton of stuff that i really wont want and will be happy to pack and ship anywhere for the right price. Car comes with: Full M-interior, (cloth, not sure of color yet). Getrag 5spd, 535iA parts car(w/o front seats i think?), korman springs, type 32 wheels, half shafts, a few rear decks in good/mint condition, and other stuff. If i get the car im going to keep until further notice: Pretty much all the stuff listed above except the rear decks, so this means that i could be selling: Full used motor (Approx 130k) or just part it out, the manual trans, PO says it has a bad 2nd and 4th gear sync though. PO also said that there is a lot of other parts that come with that is too much to list which means a lot of things. And ill let you know how it goes down, and then ill start to list parts i dont want for sale on this forum and bigcoupe.com before going to the bay.

-Jeff

P.S. Trying not to get my hopes up again as usual, but this one is very promising!

My Cars
    87-635 '78-R80/7 '96-960
    this isn't the last burgandy one you went to look at is it?seems that to find 2 in that color would be a little dificult.i'm always looking for more parts.let us know what you do get.

My Cars
    '83 633csi
    Quote Originally Posted by dm635
    this isn't the last burgandy one you went to look at is it?seems that to find 2 in that color would be a little dificult.i'm always looking for more parts.let us know what you do get.
    No, im still not sure on what happened in the end to that last one. This is i believe the 4th burgundy one ive seen in my search for one. There was an 84 on ebay in california a few days ago, and an 83 in connecticut not too long ago either. This one apparently has lost the clear coat, but is still burgundy which is nice, and is a mild fixer upper, but all the parts that need to be fixed come with the sale, so i just have to do the work, which is fine by me if i dont have to search and spend extra for them.

-Jeff

My Cars
    '79 633CSi w/M60 4.0, '88 635CSi/A, 71 Cutlass
    got dibs on manual trans parts! Let me know, i'm still looking...

My Cars
    '83 633csi
    HAHA, what all do you still need for that conversion? Ill see what i can do for it.

-Jeff

My Cars
    '80 (euro) 635csi
    I am waiting for a new sound insulation sheet that covers the firewall. I thought I could do a lot of things that didn't cost money until it comes. The pedal assy. is in. A very simple job, the panels are exactlly the same. Since I had to take the steering column out to change the pedals, what better time to change the instruments over. The kph speedo assy., check panel, and analog clock are in. I just about had a heart attack when I took the temp. control panel out. A small micro switch that controls the a/c fell into a million pieces. It took drilling out rivets, getting another switch (from the doner) and bolting in with screws (I hope it works). Here are some pics. this is getting to really be fun!!!
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/DSCN1179.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/DSCN1178.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/DSCN1177.jpg

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    man, you are an inspiration. How did you get the dash to look so brand new?
    ITS ALIVE

My Cars
    '79 633CSi w/M60 4.0, '88 635CSi/A, 71 Cutlass
    Yep, the same setup I have in the 79, except my temperature control didn't have the red and blue fields because it wasn't AC equipped. If you ever have a defrost switch that fails, you can take it apart and there is a little metal prong that slides into the groove that keeps the switch down. I bent mine inwards a little and it started staying down in the off position again. It helps when you don't have spares!

My Cars
    '80 (euro) 635csi
    According to realoem, the micro switch is still available (looking at it it's quite standard). As far as newness, I don't know, I just cleaned it up.

Check out what the UPS guy just dropped off. I love ebay, sooner or later, you will find what you want at the right price!! Totally euro headlights, with wipers!! No clue on how to wire them up, but that's the adventure, right??

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/DSCN1180.jpg

My Cars
    87-635 '78-R80/7 '96-960
    looking good there bill.if the micro switch is any thing like the US models,mine came apart as well when unplugging the wires.it controls high speed on the blower fan.i was able to JB weld it back together.
    i've learned quite a bit from you on the euro differences.remember when i was going to send you the check panel,completely different.
    i have a feeling you're spending more time on your project.shouldn't be too long now.what's the green button on the dash for,AC?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast