Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: DIY: Alarm install

My Cars
    97 318is 5spd
    it doesn't connect to anything. put your glovebox back in and call it a day.

Driving is a spectacular form of amnesia. Everything is to be discovered, everything to be obliterated.

My Cars
    1993 BMW M3 Coupe

Remote Control Security System

Is anybody familiar with this Keyless Entry system?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got it from a friend but it didn't come with the manual or instructions. I'm almost giving up on it. I can't find anything even close to this on the web.
    The plugs are all different from the ones I've seen on DIYs and I can't find any information on it's part number: 88 88 1 600 204
    Is there a website where I can find info about old parts that have been discontinued?
    Thanks,
    Diogo

My Cars
    99 estoril m3 vert
    It's an E30 alarm

Brian - DEPOs + 6x HIDs (straight cutoff), MM Underpanel, RE RSMs + reinforcement, AKG 80A RTABs, OEM FCABs + motor mounts + sway bushings, OEM shocks + struts, ASC delete, Pioneer DEH-80PRS, BSW Stage 1 + Sub

My Cars
    1993 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by firedancer414 View Post
    It's an E30 alarm
    Thanks,

Is there any use for it in an E36?

My Cars
    92 325is, 01 Yamaha R1, 01 Audi A4 (wife's)
    Can anyone take a pic of where they found the horn/siren plug that is under the hood. It's suppose to be tucked somewhere near the right headlight but I haven't been able to find it. Thanks in advance

My Cars
    99 estoril m3 vert
    Quote Originally Posted by firedancer414 View Post
    bump, I have everything wired up except I can't seem to find where the white molex connector is supposed to connect (I have the >96 OBDII alarm system). Is it somewhere in there, any hints / pictures of where to look? Thanks! Brian

I FINALLY got this working today. It was the hood microswitch, of course. I ended up having to order one from Tischer (getbmwparts) for like $40. It totally works and has that badass oldschool alarm chirp.

A few other notes to those who were struggling like me:
    - The tempo of how fast you turn the car on and off DOES matter. Ultimately, about 1 on/off a second worked for me. I was doing it too slow, thinking that the car needed a second to recognize that it was on.
    - The LED and alarm did illuminate and chirp for me when it worked (in the middle of programming it), exactly when the alarm programming guide says it should
    - The new microswitch I received from Tischer did NOT look the same as the old one already in there. I ordered part number 65-75-1-391-850.

Last edited by firedancer414; 10-19-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Brian - DEPOs + 6x HIDs (straight cutoff), MM Underpanel, RE RSMs + reinforcement, AKG 80A RTABs, OEM FCABs + motor mounts + sway bushings, OEM shocks + struts, ASC delete, Pioneer DEH-80PRS, BSW Stage 1 + Sub

My Cars
    e23's, e24, e28's & e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence1 View Post
    fredo328 ... here's a diagram with the adjustment settings

http://www.circlebmw.com/service/access/82111469444.htm

scroll down at that link and look at the diagram ... don't mind that its for a Z3 as the alrm control units are all the same.

Mr.M seeing how you have a 95 ... you program your remotes by insterting the remote chip into the alarm brain.
    the remote programming procedure is different on OBD I cars because they use a different alarm system. if you open up your remote you will see what im talking about(a small chip that you need to insert into the alarm brain. )

your alarm should also use a 3 button remote instead of the 2 button ones used by the OBD II systems shown here.
    Is there is anymore info on this? The link is dead. I have this alarm and would like to program a new remote. Do I follow the trunk open/door close/key turn procedure while the remote chip is inserted into the alarm brain or is there something different? Or do I just plug it in and it does it on its own?

Great write up old skool! Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 325i Coupe 1993 e36
    Could you help me, please. Does anybody know how to program for my BMW key? I have old style 2 button IR key. 325i coupe, 1993, e36

I've tried many methods, but couldn't find the correct for my car.

Sorry my English!

My Cars
    99 estoril m3 vert
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    Could you help me, please. Does anybody know how to program for my BMW key? I have old style 2 button IR key. 325i coupe, 1993, e36

I've tried many methods, but couldn't find the correct for my car.

Sorry my English!
    You need a 3 button fob.

My Cars
    BMW 325i Coupe 1993 e36
    I don't understand. What does it mean? I have 2 button key, but now I need 3 button?

My Cars
    M3 2005, 328i 2000, X5 2006
    perfect diy! tnks!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i ...Black..
    Thank you so much! This looks great. I will let you know how it goes! :-)

My Cars
    2001 3.0 turbo

2000 3.0i

I got a unit out of a 2000 M and installed it in my car but no luck on getting it to work.. any help?????

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Possum View Post
    I got a unit out of a 2000 M and installed it in my car but no luck on getting it to work.. any help?????
    What car did you install it in? As far as I know the only OEM or Genuine BMW units that work in an e36 are the ones originally supplied for the e36. The wiring in a e46 is very different.

These work in an e36

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1792200

My Cars
    BMW
    Subbed. Going to work this out tonight.

My Cars
    E36 328i sedan
    I cant find the black power wire in my glove box i got the 12 prong but i just cant find the single black one can someone help me out

Found it
    Last edited by CTS; 03-20-2013 at 03:28 PM.

My Cars
    99 E36 Vert
    I have a 99 E36' made in 9/98. It has the factory alarm installed, I have no fob for it. Which fob should I be looking for? My key won't work will it? Maybe it needs programmed.
    image.jpg
    BMW...

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by LoE36 View Post
    I have a 99 E36' made in 9/98. It has the factory alarm installed, I have no fob for it. Which fob should I be looking for? My key won't work will it? Maybe it needs programmed.
    image.jpg
    That is your factory key, that's programed with the EWS system for security. that will not control any functions of the alarm. You need the 2 button Alpine FOB. Hard to find
    ///M

My Cars
    99 E36 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino7200 View Post
    That is your factory key, that's programed with the EWS system for security. that will not control any functions of the alarm. You need the 2 button Alpine FOB. Hard to find
    thanks mate, I'll start searching
    BMW...

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by LoE36 View Post
    thanks mate, I'll start searching
    Yep, EWS is the anti theft system that has the ECU programed to it so unless you have the key with the programmed chip, the car will not start. The alarm just makes noise and can lock /unlock remotely, which needs to me programmed separately
    ///M

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Pinout of the 12 pin plug, part number for the plug and the pins is here from a Z3: Pic-request-OEM-Alarm-harness-car-side-plug-pins-and-wire-colors http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...nd-wire-colors
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    2 e30s, e34, e36, e39,
    So I installed the factory alarm brain and single power wire successfully, but can't find the glass break sensor connector. Any hints? The alarm won't program without the glass break sensor being attached, apparently.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456