Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Alarm install

My Cars
    2016 M3 Manual
    fredo328 ... here's a diagram with the adjustment settings

http://www.circlebmw.com/service/access/82111469444.htm

scroll down at that link and look at the diagram ... don't mind that its for a Z3 as the alrm control units are all the same.

Mr.M seeing how you have a 95 ... you program your remotes by insterting the remote chip into the alarm brain.
    the remote programming procedure is different on OBD I cars because they use a different alarm system. if you open up your remote you will see what im talking about(a small chip that you need to insert into the alarm brain. )

your alarm should also use a 3 button remote instead of the 2 button ones used by the OBD II systems shown here.

My Cars
    1998 328i
    Good info, I suppose I guessed correctly then on adjusting those dip switches, thanks.

My Cars
    328i 1996

HOW DO I Un-program a keyless entry remote?

One little problem with giving my friend one of my keyless remotes and then letting him program it to HIS car, whenever he sets/unsets his alarm, it also messes with my car! How do I unprogram a remote from my car so that I can give it to my friend so that my car doesn't recognize it anymore? Removing the battery power didn't do it.

Thanks,
    Paul

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence1
    fredo328 ... here's a diagram with the adjustment settings

http://www.circlebmw.com/service/access/82111469444.htm
    Mr.M seeing how you have a 95 ... you program your remotes by insterting the remote chip into the alarm brain.
    the remote programming procedure is different on OBD I cars because they use a different alarm system. if you open up your remote you will see what im talking about(a small chip that you need to insert into the alarm brain. )
    I figured that out after I got tired of trying the first way. I didn't know the door/trunk closing thing didn't work on OBDI cars.

My Cars
    C200 KOMPRESSOR, 318i, 325e
    Hi, I have recently purchased an alarm for my '95 e36 318i (BMWalarm.com) and planned to install it my self but i cant find the "12 pin port" under the glovebox as instructed in the manual. For those who had done this before maybe there is an alternative connection.
    2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR
    1995 318i - M42B21 on the making
    1992 325i AC Schnitzer - SOLD in DXB
    1990 525i - SOLD in DXB
    1989 E300 - SOLD in DXB
    1989 M6 - SOLD in DXB

My Cars
    328i 1996
    It isn't a port as much as it is a cable ending. When you remove your glove box and sit in the seat staring straight ahead, it will be far to the left and down towards where your feet will be. It is just a black connector hooked to a small wiring harness. Your alarm should have a cable attached to it that will plug into this connector.

Here is a pic of the alarm box we had with the cable:
    http://www.staffordnet.net/repairs/i...w/alarmbox.JPG

Paul
    Last edited by paulstaf; 07-17-2008 at 12:36 PM.

My Cars
    I did checked again the back of the glovebox and even removed all the wiring harness hoping to find the 12 pin pre-out for the alarm but it's just not there pls help...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR
    1990 525i - SOLD in DXB
    1989 E300 - SOLD in DXB
    1989 M6 - SOLD in DXB

My Cars
    Jetta
    It is usually in the lower left hand corner, it could just be hanging loose in there somewhere.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    I have strip all the connections in that picture and found out nothing so i dont know what to do?
    2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR
    1990 525i - SOLD in DXB
    1989 E300 - SOLD in DXB
    1989 M6 - SOLD in DXB

My Cars
    93 325is
    I have the same alarm as you and i installed it all and it works properly, except my car was in a fender bender before and i think the body shop cut the plug under the hood for the siren because i cant seem to find it anwhere is there any other way i could wire it in like in the fuse box or something???

My Cars
    Jetta
    It might be worth a trip for diagnosis to a local BMW shop. I would plan to have the glovebox removed prior to arriving. This might be something that needs to be determined by an experienced BMW mechanic in person.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott

My Cars
    2003 530i, 1995 325i

Glovebox Removal & Microfilter replacemnt

Thanks for the instructions on glovebox removal. Worked very well. Took me longer than it should but next time will go much smoother.

Bought filter at O'Reillys auto parts for $13. One hint the filter on 1995 325i is located to the left of wiring harness under center console.

My Cars
    1994 325i
    question about that small single plug hwere was it located i looked everywhere i think and did not find it need help
    thanks

My Cars
    e36 compact 318TiA 55000
    Quote Originally Posted by cabrit
    question about that small single plug hwere was it located i looked everywhere i think and did not find it need help
    thanks
    Got exactly the same problem. Apparently some of the cars didn't have the wiring for a factory alarm, mine is one of those. Now the problem is I have no idea where to get the lock and unlock sygnal.
    Could anyone please try to trace where the lock / unlock wires lead to and whot color are they?
    thanx in advance!

My Cars
    I too have thesame problem but manage to install my alarm by tracing all the wirings that was offered in some cars.

I'll post the wiring diagram later as i have kept it some where.
    2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR
    1990 525i - SOLD in DXB
    1989 E300 - SOLD in DXB
    1989 M6 - SOLD in DXB

My Cars
    1994 325i
    my car is prewired for the oem alarm its just that i cant find it

My Cars
    01 540i/6,02M5,99M3,72E3
    Its a connector that is way back there on the right side. Just got to keep looking for it its behind the wire looms usually.

My Cars
    Here is the lock-unlock wire that you should find:

Black Box in the picture above with Yellow & Green connector. tap in the yellow connector.
    LOCK - Pin#17 in ZKEIV (Body control module) WHT/RED/YLW
    UNLOCK - Pin#4 in ZKEIV (Body control module) BLU/RED/YLW
    Last edited by frost dxb; 05-30-2006 at 03:59 AM.
    2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR
    1990 525i - SOLD in DXB
    1989 E300 - SOLD in DXB
    1989 M6 - SOLD in DXB

My Cars
    e36, e53
    okay i have a question. I have the control module for the keyless+the two button remote+the hareness which has the green side, black side, a small molex looking connector, the wire for the led, and a siren(which i haven't plugged up yet). Anyways, after connecting everything, I go to lock the doors via the remote, nothing happens, so i go to lock the doors via the power door lock button, nothing happens, what gives? I can hold the panic button down and all my blinkers go nuts but thats about all its done so far. Am I missing something? Is it possible that my power door lock switch could be broken? I have recently put in a new key cylinder and my door continues to chime even after i have removed the key, could this have something to do with it? However when I close the driver's side door and re open it, no more dinging noise. what gives here?

btw the unit im using came off of a 96 m3 and the car i am putting it in is a 97 328.... i doubt theres any difference though.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Why haven't you installed the siren? Have you gone through the programming sequence? Do you know that your remote is good? If your car is still chiming when your key is out that seems like a problem you should look into.

My Cars
    95' bmw 318is
    Hey Old Skool im working on installing an aftermarket security system in my 95' 318is e36 ive pulled out the glove box and there are several different things that look like they could be the stock security system (if there even is one) can you strighten me out on where to hook up my security system?
    SePetie

My Cars
    95' bmw 318is
    Hey i shot some pic's if i had an e-mail i could send them
    SePetie

My Cars
    318i
    Hi
    is all this alarm fob programing suitable for my 1996 318i with a two button remote.. 1 grey and one red button.My fob got broken and i purchased another from ebay ..Will this programming work??
    Many thanks
    Bill.

My Cars
    96 328I

Does anyone have directions to program a 3 series alarm

Hello, I looking for a text file, link or thread for the directions to program my alarm. I bought the unit used and it does not come with instructions.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Rob

My Cars
    Jetta
    Quote Originally Posted by brothersinc1 View Post
    Hello, I looking for a text file, link or thread for the directions to program my alarm. I bought the unit used and it does not come with instructions.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Rob
    Right here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...3&postcount=10

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast