Thread: halfway through the 24 hours of Le Mans at the Circuit Le Sarthe

My Cars
    6.OWNED

halfway through the 24 hours of Le Mans at the Circuit Le Sarthe

Here is the Scoop...

I am in the BMW V12 LMR, at lap 224 at 12:14:000 into the race. I am 2 laps ahead of the second place mercedes sauber ,averaging 3.08.xxx per lap.

Tomorrow when I wake up, I guess it will still be going and I will win...

Just thought I would let everyone know. I have some observations that may help some of you. First, the correct tires are very important. I first threw racing superhards on both front and back, the rears were wearing much faster than the fronts and I was lapping at 3.10.xxx, I switched to racing hards on the front, now I am lapping at 3.08.xxx and have one lap more of endurance. Second, more power takes more power and tires. I tried it without a tune and was impossibly smoked. After turboing the thing I am now ahead, but lost two laps between pit stops. Tires and fuel get used more quickly. Just to let you know, I have used it already in three endurance races and was down on power and needed the boost, otherwise I would not have turboed it, it seems like sacrilege to do it, but I had to win.

What am I going to win? I am racing on the Circuit Le Sarthe II, the non-chicane course?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

My Cars
    No thank you
    Bently Speed 8 race car.
    BMWCCA #364799
    Peake SRS airbag reset/diagnostic tool $95 shipped
    Searching for my 848 Unicorn
    "Have a mind that's open to everything, get attached to nothing" - Busey-ism

My Cars
    I used the Forumla 1 car and finished 16 laps ahead of second...

My Cars
    6.OWNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Chef
    Bently Speed 8 race car.
    Thanks, I am now the owner of a Bentley Speed 8 Race Car.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin