Thread: XtecUSA Announcement

My Cars
    Lots

XtecUSA Announcement

XtecUSA has ended its distribution agreement with Umnitza. This was not, at the time, a subject of choice on Umnitza's part although XtecUSA believes that in the long run it will be in Umnitza's best interests as well as XtecUSA's continued interests.

I had hoped to not bring this subject up. Umnitza had their views on several issues that they will be better able to deal with, they believe, by being involved in this business with total control of their products. That this decision was not in their control is a fact.

This has led to some statements that are correct and some that are patently untrue. Therefore let me clarify some statements made by other parties than XtecUSA.

XtecUSA products like HID and DDE products have a lifetime warranty. Period, including shipping.

It is incorrect that Umnitza has ANY number of parts that he cannot get replaced under warranty. All parts are warrantied and Umnitza can return them for replacement at any time that they wish. That they have not returned ANY items for warranty for many months is their decision and also of considerable concern to us. We strive to make our products better through product improvement which cannot happen if there are almost never products returned on a timely basis for analysis and product improvement. The lack of warranty policy adherance was a consequential contributor to Umnitza not being a disteributor or retailer anymore. Of course there were several other alarming actions that led to the unilateral termination of Umnitza's right to distribute product. None of which do we feel are directly related to customers so they will not be elaborated on.

Was Umnitza happy with Xtec? No. Were his concerns valid? Perhaps. But actions related to distribution to particular retailers are decided on many issues based on trust and business development. Neither party was happy with performance by the other party on any of these points and it was time to part company.

For the buyer, none of this should have an affect on their happiness with any particular retailer or product. All other existing sales channels of Xtec products are intact and XtecUSA will provide warranty support for our products previously sold by Umnitza. If you have a warranty return at Umnitza, they can return it for warranty if they wish to serve you. Or you can deal direct with XtecUSA. We can be reached at 760-798-1863 or email us at info@xtecusa.com. As XtecUSA has a lifetime warranty, it is not required that you produce a sales receipt for service. You can deal with us directly or through any authorized XtecUSA retailer.

Jim Powell
    XtecUSA
    Apexcone

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    hey jim, thanks for the info. I called your office a couple of times in the past week, but I was told you were in china. I left my number but havent been called back yet. Obviously, you are busy upon your return, but I would appreciate it if you could get back to me at your earliest convenience. It was regarding my experience with my Xtec HIDs and Umnitza. If you'd like to be prepared with some background infrmation please view these threads:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=umnitza

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=umnitza
    thank you.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    Lots
    If you can call me back at 866-XTECUSA or email me direct at sales@xtecusa.com with your phone number, I'd be happy to take care of whatever issues you have.

I'm not sure why you aren't getting helped. A free lifetime warranty shouldn't be complicated

Jim

My Cars
    2002 330I
    Jim's first post basically states that your situation is covered Jon, why not contact Xtec directly on monday, explain things to them, send your damaged product back and get a refund or new parts whatever does it for you, free lifetime warranty on products that are a few years old is pretty damn sweet....
    "For A Second I Wish The Tide, Would Swallow Every Inch Of This City....."

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    I already told Jim about your situation Jon, like I said, just send him an email.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!

My Cars
    A Couple

Thumbs up

Thank you for your business ethics and for the information. I live in the UK and purchased a set of Xtec 6000k H1 kit from umnitza. I only bought them because of the life time warranty giving the assurance of product quality.

Jim P

When I bought the kit (Nov 04) it was only given a year warranty which I quibbled. Umnitza refused to give anything more than just over a year - you can imagine that this left me distressed wondering if I had made a mistake ordering the product. Just over 4 months and a ballast went, umnitza promised to replace and I am just waiting - next few days.

My point is that the information in your post is GOLD as I was under the impression that the product was not good enough to be backed up by a lifetime warranty which led me to buying prolumens from umnitza last week ( I was promised these would carry a lifetime warranty)

I have never looked at this part of the forum but It's given me as a consumer an informative choice with facts. I will once again start recommending your products here in the UK

Many Thanks!!!

My Cars
    nothing special...
    Good stuff, and thank you for bringing up this issue to show everyone what is really going on and what should be.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    This shows who teh more honest business person is. This is why I will only buy stuff from Jim... well whenever i get around to getting HIDs I will.

Current Ride: 1998 M3 Coupe - Cosmos Schwarz on Black über stock
    | Polished LTWs | Dinan Stg 2 Software | X Brace | OEM Clears | Custom ZKWs | 55w 6000k HIDs | Euro Airbox - still not on! | Strömung Exhaust | Hardwired V1 | Euro M3 GT Cluster |

Previous Ride: 1994 325is - Schwarz on Black
    A few mods

My Cars
    E60
    Where do I get replacment bulbs in the future
    EUROPROJEKTZ-WORLD.COM
    www.KCollection.org

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by ///S50
    Where do I get replacment bulbs in the future
    Warranties for Xtec products can be handled through authorized Xtec dealers or direct with Xtec.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:

My Cars
    Jetta
    FWIW: I bought my lights and HID through Chris (Understeer.com) and received top notch customer support. I would highly recommend buying through him.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    2011 E90 M3, 2004 M3
    I think this posting is very unprofessional. A Professional in this case, would have contacted Matt and discussed the circumstances and actions 1-on-1. And then simply told their audience that the agreement was terminated. The explanation of who did what and who ripped who off will likely never be substantiated considering that we are communicating over the internet.

Unless you can absolutely prove that Matt was ripping everyone off by posting evidence, then I would have avoided this route.

My $.02

2011 E90 ///M3 Individual
    2004 ///M3 - Track Car

My Cars
    Tsla 22 mdl 3p 22 mdl Yp
    Quote Originally Posted by RedV
    This shows who teh more honest business person is. This is why I will only buy stuff from Jim... well whenever i get around to getting HIDs I will.
    EXACTLY!

I have met and dealt with both Matt and Jim and have continued my ongoing customer relations with the one I feel is a more sincere and genuine person. I never appreciated being seen as a $ sign, feeling like the person felt that they were better than me, being nickeled and dimed to death, and always having the person always brag and act like everything was their idea and design, when really they never were the ones having control over that, but just a mere sidekick to the "popular" guy.

God it feels good to FINALLY be able to say that on this board.

Tom

My Cars
    2006 325i, 97 M3 for sale soon
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjae1976
    I think this posting is very unprofessional. A Professional in this case, would have contacted Matt and discussed the circumstances and actions 1-on-1. And then simply told their audience that the agreement was terminated. The explanation of who did what and who ripped who off will likely never be substantiated considering that we are communicating over the internet.

Unless you can absolutely prove that Matt was ripping everyone off by posting evidence, then I would have avoided this route.

My $.02
    It's called feedback. People discuss their experiences in their most truthful description of how the transaction went, and umnitza always respond with their side of the story. I wrote extremely lengthy postings on my transaction with umnitza, both good and bad. Do I need to show proof for people to believe me? No.

No one is out to get Matt. Umnitza has a very strong following of loyal customers as well as a large presence on this forum.

Looks like this is your 6th post. Welcome to the forums. If you havent noticed, people help each other out here with their opinions and word of mouth. This post seems to me like friendly competition of a newer and better product. While I love the way my DDE's look, I still have cold start problems, still think they shouldnt have cost as much as they did (although to be fair for market demand, it is cheaper than Lava Lighting), and was misled into believing the install was going to be easier than it was. Just because we buy BMW's doesnt mean that we are made of money and should be overcharged for everything.

On top of that, I have the low beam failure from my Xtec system and am not pleased with the increasing number of ignitor failures that I have been hearing. Hearing that Xtec will always back me on my purchase helps me sleep at night.

My Cars
    E30 M3
    This is OT, but after reading this thread I went to Umnitza's webite and found something disturbing....Why does Umnitza have a picture of a car on their website advertising a product they did not sell to the car's owner, install for them, or ask their permission to use?

PM me and I will tell you the details...
    btw...other threads about the main topic of this thread have been deleted from other sites (e46fanatics)...i wonder why.?
    -Andre- E30 M3 (My Dream Car) Sold, - My Homepage ,
    E36M3 (RIP),
    1.8T NB Because I have a long ass commute.

My Cars
    The thread on fanatics got deleted b/c he is a vendor there and it got pretty ugly I am sure. One thing else is all umnitza's predator series uses old pictures like Craig's old WB M3 that had the Wheel Power halos but now it says predator...craig doesn't even own that car anymore...I doubt the new owner would put that on.

Jim is a nice guy and a class act...if you don't know him...don't judge.

My Cars
    Tsla 22 mdl 3p 22 mdl Yp
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar M3
    This is OT, but after reading this thread I went to Umnitza's webite and found something disturbing....Why does Umnitza have a picture of a car on their website advertising a product they did not sell to the car's owner, install for them, or ask their permission to use?

PM me and I will tell you the details...
    btw...other threads about the main topic of this thread have been deleted from other sites (e46fanatics)...i wonder why.?
    Yea, I noticed that e46fanatics post got deleted, but what do you expect many of the members on that board, basically worship Matt.

PM me about the usage of unauthroized pics I am very curious about what you have to say about it.

Tom

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjae1976
    A Professional in this case, would have contacted Matt and discussed the circumstances and actions 1-on-1. And then simply told their audience that the agreement was terminated.
    That was already done, however the other party began to claim publicly that they dropped the Xtec line because of poor quality, which is completely untrue.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom///m3
    Yea, I noticed that e46fanatics post got deleted, but what do you expect many of the members on that board, basically worship Matt.

Tom

amen.... jsut because they have one good transaction, they figure everyone must be in the same boat...
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    BMW, Audi, VW
    We have been carrying XTEC for a while now and are very happy with the XTEC line of products. Plus, consumers can't beat the lifetime warranty from XTEC USA.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by emotiongarage
    We have been carrying XTEC for a while now and are very happy with the XTEC line of products. Plus, consumers can't beat the lifetime warranty from XTEC USA.
    Lifetime WARRANTY ROCKS!

My Cars
    E36 M3's and E46 M3
    Man, this stuff is juicy. So now Matt (Umnitza) and Jim P (apexcone) are no longer partners

I got the Xtec kit and the main reasons is LIFETIME warranty . Jim P company is down the road from me, so if anything wrong with my kit, its a 5 minute drive

My Cars
    Matt was nothing before he met Jim. The main highlight of Matt's company is the DDEs and that was it. Now he has a whole bunch of bling/ricer stuff. I remember when Matt use to drive down from nor cal to so cal just to do installs and then drive back up. Now it a different story but I always say..remember who helped you out at the beginning b/c in the long run..those people will help you again no matter what. Oh well...more power to Jim P.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL
    The announcement has been made and this one is done Gentlemen... time to move on.

- Mike D.
    ACS Front Spoiler | Bavarian Autosport Strut Bar | Bilstein HD Struts | Dinan Cold Air Intake | Dinan Stage II Software
    Eisenmann High Performance Exhaust | H&R Stage II Sport Springs | Mobile Video & Bass Upgrades.