Thread: Did I make an ok decision for my car purchase?

My Cars
    2000 Saab 9-3

Did I make an ok decision for my car purchase?

well it is too later nwo, and I already said this in anoher thread, so if you saw it there, dissregard this post.

anyway:

my car has 170k miles, and it was $5500. I had to have a local one because I will never, since my e30, buy a car that was checked out by a michanic that we (my family) hasnt used for a while. that is an important part.

my engine doesnt burn oil or have any knocks at all. The car drives GREAT. it could use some new shocks/struts perhaps, there is a whole in the seat, and it will need new front pads and rotors soon, but other then that, the car si in great working order. runs smooth, starts up great hot or cold, or even really cold winter nights. stering works great, smooth, and the alignment is wounderful. Also, the ONLY upgrades are dealer upgrads, like the wheels, the cd changer, and the cell phone hook up. The paint is ok, not great, but mostly surface scratches, and the gray on the side skirts ins immaculate.

there were 2 325is' down in denver but even then, it would have been hard for our michanic to check them out. they each had about 95k miles on them but the asking prices were like $7500. I would have liked to get one of those, but i think i mad a good desicition with the security of my family having done a decent amount of buisness with him before and having him take 2 hours to check it all out and do a compression and oil pressure check.

what do you all think about this?
    /////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Vee put vindshield vipers on aur headlights becaush ve are from Shveeden and it rainesh and shnowhs a laut en Sveeden!

My Cars
    bmw 325i
    you got ripped off for a 170K miles car.

My Cars
    Imola E36 M3 E30 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by neal1st
    you got ripped off for a 170K miles car.
    Keep in mind his location though. You probably did overpay, but think about it this way, how many other cars could you have bought?

My Cars
    Vicla
    I'd say you're in the ballpark, but maybe a little high. I'd think that $4500 might be a little closer with it needing suspension and brakes. But if you are happy and have peace of mind then that's all that really matters.

My Cars
    96 M3, 91 318iS
    Yeah, the price seems a little high for the miles, but if it's in good shape, then no worries.

Your spelling, on the other hand, is atrocious.
    1996 Hellrot on Modena M3
    1991 Imola on black 318is

My Cars
    2000 Saab 9-3
    ya i know, it never was what i was good at. is there any worries about modding a high millage engine? all i would be doing would be a CAI with a ram air intake, and a chip for a while anyways until i get more money, and even now, it will be a while until I get money for those. but whatabout swaping out the cams? is that hard on a high millage engine? what if i was to put a turbo in it, anrt turbos hard on engines? I probably wont put a turbo on it, becuase i probably wont get the money until im out of college (im a senior in high school now) and by then i will want a different BMW anyways (plan is to find a nice semi low millage e36 m3 once i am out of college and hopefully have the money)
    /////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Vee put vindshield vipers on aur headlights becaush ve are from Shveeden and it rainesh and shnowhs a laut en Sveeden!