Thread: Ferrari Challenge not up to the BMW Challenge

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    Went to the Ferrari Challenge race at VIR yesterday. Pretty interesting, but the quality if driver was pretty bad. A case of too much money and not enough skill. The average BMW Club Racer could do quite well and the top 10% of BMW Club Racing drivers would have field day in the Ferrari Challenge series.

Anyway, here are some pics I took:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...665&a=12752101

My Cars
    10 second go-ped.
    Yeah I asked my dad one day how come he was never interested in competing in the series and his exact words were: "Its bumper cars for rich guys"

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan 5-spd
    sweet pics!

I know what you are saying about the drivers. I was in NY at the time the Ferrari challenge was going on last year at Wakins Glen so I went to it. It was hard to believe that there were drivers that could take a machine like a Ferrari and make it lumber through the corners.
    As fine a car as a Ferrari is, it is notorious for being tempermental, and needing a lot of mechanical attantion. The PA announcer called a class to the starting grid (I can't remember the class) and after the 3rd and last call, there weren't any cars heading over there. None of the cars in that class were running. It was pretty funny. All my friends that were there from the PCA were cracking up saying, "see what happens when you buy a Ferrari?"

Thumbs up

I agree, Ferrari's are beautiful cars but to many never get driven they just sit in some rich guys garage. I bought my M3 at Ferrari of Seattle last fall and I got invited to their track day at SIR in June, so I will be very curious to see what they can do out there? I will let you know how my little M3 does against the big and bad Ferrari hord.: