Thread: Pics from mini car show in San Diego

My Cars
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG

Cool

Here are some pictures from a small car show today in San Diego. Some pics are repetitive but I only took pics of stuff worth taking pics of. Unless you guys wanted to see rice.

There are 2 white M3's in the album which both coincidentally took 1st place in 2 different classes. (Wonder why? ) Congratulations to BMBrad who owned of the cars (white M3 with 1 piece ACS wheels) that won and the other white SC'ed M3 belonging to Troy Wilhite of Group 5 Motorsports (3-piece ACS wheels w/no rear spoiler). Enjoy : http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12748332&f=0

(CURRENT)'05 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG
    Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
    Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Evosport Painted Sidemarkers | OEM Flat Hood Emblem

(SOLD)99 M3 Titanium Silver Coupe//Dinan Intake//Dinan Stage 2 SW//AA Gen 3 Exhaust//H&R Coilovers//Ellipsoids with Xenons//BBS RC's

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    Hey those r some nice pics man.
    Where was the show at? Place loks familiar.
    I know that guy with the Burgundy Eclipse, his car is pretty clean.
    JOEY | '18 M3 ZCP AW | '18 Lead Foot Raptor

My Cars
    The show was at Parkway Plaza out in El Cajon. I don't know if you've heard of Flexivity the store within Parkway Plaza, but they're the ones who hosted it.

That Eclipse was pretty clean...actually a little too clean to be in the STREET class, which BMBrad and I were in, so they moved him to PRO class where he had to beat Troy's M3 in order to win (yeah right! ) No matter what class he was in, he couldn't have won on this day.

Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
    Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Evosport Painted Sidemarkers | OEM Flat Hood Emblem

(SOLD)99 M3 Titanium Silver Coupe//Dinan Intake//Dinan Stage 2 SW//AA Gen 3 Exhaust//H&R Coilovers//Ellipsoids with Xenons//BBS RC's

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    I heard that Flexivity place isn't really good.
    Thats not right man Mitsu -v- BMW? Of course we all know who would prevail
    But thats just wrong, they should of had different classes for different cars. Like classes Honda, Mitsu, Acura, etc. Like the import shows.

My Cars
    Flexivity is a mall based store so they do sell "unique" things. The store is pretty nice as far as the store setup. It is mainly aimed at imports so there really isn't anything appealing in the store for BMW's.

They should have split the cars up the way they do at Import showoff but it was a small car show so that would result in very few cars in each category. The 1st prize was $500 for each class (3 total) so they were also trying to limit the prize money as much as the could. I have no complaints about the way it was split up although some of the people who lost may something to say about it, me not being one of them.

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    Haha, what did u place?

My Cars
    There was only 1st place which was of course the winner, so I don't really know what I placed. I took a huge point loss because I don't have a body kit or a custom stereo so they basically just skipped over those 2 sections without giving me points which were 10 points per section. I did score pretty well on everything else though such as cleanliness and how well maintained the car was, lighting, rims, etc. That 5 hour detail job last night paid off in a way I guess.

At least Brad didn't get robbed at this event like he did at Bimmerfest. Some people thought his car should have placed at Cutters but didn't. I guess its a little redemption for last week.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318i - 2003 MINI Cooper S
    What the heck?... was this a last minute thing?!... I heard nothing about this show!!

...you guys should have called me!! :p

Anyways... congrats to those who won!!... what are you going to do with the prize money?

My Cars
    Ford Exploder
    I also live in San Diego and heared nothing. Damn!

Hey SDSilverM3, do you know Troy? I went to Group 5 along time ago before they moved shop and saw his car there. I was looking to get my moldings painted soon but didn't know where in Diego to go. Got any clue where Troy had his painted? I want to get it done at some place that knows what they are doing. Thanks for any help...
    Last edited by JBravoM3; 04-30-2001 at 07:16 PM.
    John

No more M3, Had to buy a family hauler to get cash for the new house. A momentary set back, but the M5 is coming soon.

My Cars
    JBravoM3,

I just gave Troy a call but he was busy with a customer but I did get an answer as to where he had his mouldings painted. I was told that it was WEST COAST SPECIALTIES who painted the mouldings for him. They are located near Group 5 from what I was told. So if you really want to get them painted dial up 411 or look them up in the Yellow pages for the number.

As for not hearing about the show, it was a relatively small show with around 35 cars or so entering. I don't think it was that widely promoted but if any of you attend SDSU you would more than likely come across the flyer at school since SDSU students organized the event. Sorry guys, next time something like that comes up I will be sure to post. :

Oh BTW I found out what I placed....according to the point totals I ranked 3rd. I guess not bad but still a loser because I didn't receive anything as a prize.

My Cars
    Ford Exploder
    SDSilverM3

Thanks for checking that out for me. I am headed over there this weekend to get a quote. I will post some pics when I get them done.
    Also, I don't go to SDSU anymore so I missed the flyers. Maybe next time. Do you meet up with anyone else from Diego and go on some of the runs that are held?
    Anyway, congratrs on the 3rd place and thanks again.

L8
    John

No more M3, Had to buy a family hauler to get cash for the new house. A momentary set back, but the M5 is coming soon.

My Cars
    Not a problem. : The only runs that I've been on is the one at Cardiff state beach back in February and to Bimmerfest. I usually go with BMBrad and then meet up with whoever. Are any planned in the near future? Please let me know if there are. Thanks.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318i - 2003 MINI Cooper S
    JBravoM3 - You should go to World Auto Body in Encinitas and talk to Jules Tabar. Tell him that David with the black BMW sent you over and he should give you a deal. He does pretty good work

I am working on scheduling a SDGCC meet on May 19th. We are still deciding on exactly where to go and what to do, so I will keep you guys posted.

Lates