Thread: Get a deal on an E46 or wait for E90?

My Cars
    RSX-S

Get a deal on an E46 or wait for E90?

I took out a 330Ci ZHP and 325Ci SMG for a test last night I and fell in love I must say, I am thinking of leasing my next car, but should I just wait for the new 325i instead?

I love both, but I can get a deal on these last models, but I do love the new 3ers

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    Do it NOW.

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    I would lease an E46 then buy an E90 after they've been out for a few years. Don't get a first or second year E90.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeam
    I would lease an E46 then buy an E90 after they've been out for a few years. Don't get a first or second year E90.
    well I am looking at a Sedan (I originally wanted an M3 but I am growing out of it) so that whenever I have family I'll have a good car

My Cars
    96 M3
    Hmm if the deal is right, i'd go for it. However from what i'm seeing the engines in the new E90 are gonna be great and i'm assuming there will be an update to the SMG system as well.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, Z4M, E90 M3
    I would wait for the 2nd year e90. First year will be full of problems.

The first year will only be offered as a 330, then bigger engines on their way

My Cars
    '14 320i, '19 X5 50i
    The new suspension sounds like a winner. I'd go for the E90. The E46 sedans never clicked with me anyway.
    2014 BMW 320i << Ben >> 2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i

My Cars
    The Clown Shoe
    G35 or that M thing they have...

With the new 3, it's official, the whole BMW line-up looks like ASS.
    Bow-tie taillights? Argh.

M-Theory Guest
    New 3 = the hotness. I love the car. The new 330i sport is pretty stiff.

M-Theory Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfSpeed
    They just redesigned the engine, why would they do it all over again? Usually when a new model enters it takes over the older models engines, or get a completel new engine. I don't think BMW will be introducing any new 6ers for a lil. I could be wrong.

My Cars
    e36

Yeah I was thinking the same.

My Cars
    Burro
    E46 ZHP especially in mystic blau, it's a great car and you can get a substantial discount before the E90 comes out. Also it won't have all the small bugs that the first few production runs of the E90 will.

My Cars
    The Clown Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Theory
    They just redesigned the engine, why would they do it all over again? Usually when a new model enters it takes over the older models engines, or get a completel new engine. I don't think BMW will be introducing any new 6ers for a lil. I could be wrong.
    Prolly not a full on redesign, but the new engines have a lil' more power and torque.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Theory
    Dude, Chris. You need to read up on the new engine COMPLETELY different from ANYTHING EVER BUILT! Magnisium block, unlimited valvetronic, 255 hp, its an amazing engine fit for the amazing E90, BUT I would NOT own a first or second year. Rule of thumb: when the engine is new, give it some time for the engineers to work out the kinks. Look at the early S54 or even the early S50s. Its just not a smart thing to do, in my opinion.

Three year lease, then buy an E90.

And on the family thing: If you lease for three years, I dont think you should have much trouble with it. My mom had a two door until I was six, my sister four. An E30 two door at that.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    '01 M5,'95 325is,'82 320
    Don't forget with BMW's the Europeans have the cars a good half year to full year earlier then us--so many of the 'teething problems' of a first model year car have been or are going to have been worked out. The new mag-alloy blocks sound fantastic, the E90 will be the most advanced 3'er yet. Haven't decided if I like the new look yet--but I think its a deffinete evolution of the E46 and the entire 3'er range altogether.

Steve

M-Theory Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeam
    Dude, Chris. You need to read up on the new engine COMPLETELY different from ANYTHING EVER BUILT! Magnisium block, unlimited valvetronic, 255 hp, its an amazing engine fit for the amazing E90, BUT I would NOT own a first or second year. Rule of thumb: when the engine is new, give it some time for the engineers to work out the kinks. Look at the early S54 or even the early S50s. Its just not a smart thing to do, in my opinion.
    I thought he was saying there are bigger 3 seriesn engines on the way. I said they just redesigned the engine, so why would they add a new engine to the line up in a year or so? The S54 just got revamped, as would the S50, if not for emissions, not completely replaced with larger engines. I would lease an early e90, but thats just because I think its sexy and most issues would be covered by warranty. Then get a new one in a few years.

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    I'd get the E46... why? Very simple:
    E46 = 'release version'.
    E90 = 'beta version'.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    F30 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenRyan
    Don't forget with BMW's the Europeans have the cars a good half year to full year earlier then us--so many of the 'teething problems' of a first model year car have been or are going to have been worked out.
    E90 European release was March 5th, I believe. E90 US release is May 6th. Not too long to work out any problems.

My Cars
    X5

Not always true, the e46 first edition has had less problems than the e36 (not including M cars)

Most of the "problems" appear in later life anyway, with electrics etc.

I would have no problem buying a e90, the look would probably grow on me too!

My Cars
    2004 Toyota Land Crusher
    go with a AWESOME DEAL on the E46. You will not regret it.
    2003 BMW 330Ci-TS/Black 5 speed manual- loadedSold
    2002 BMW M3- CB/Black 6 speed manual- loaded Sold
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP-IB/Black 6 speed manual- loaded Lease up
    2003.5 BMW M3- CB/Black 6 speed manual- loaded Sold
    2010 BMW 550i M Sport SG/NB 6 speed manual- loaded Sold
    2008 BMW 750Li Sport BSM/NB- loaded Gave to my dad
    2008 BMW M5 Black Sapphire Metallic/Sepang Bronze Merino 6 speed manual- HUD, soft close doors, comfort access, cold weather, sunshades current beast

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser Thundercloud Metallic/Stone
    2005 Lexus LX470 Black Onyx/Stone Wifey's