RM European Auto Parts

Thread: power steering delete?

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is

power steering delete?

i'm not sure if there is such a thing as a power steering delete... but if anybody knows of one... and also an AC delete... and anything else that's unneeded... could you send me links of where to get 'em??? thanks mateS!

My Cars
    F82 M4 (2016)
    For the AC you get it by removing the AC belt.
    For the Power steering you get it by removing the power steering belt (on the E30).
    ...flieg wenn du fliegen kannst,
    lieb wenn du lieben kannst,
    weil du nie kriegst was du kriegen kannst...

> Past bimmers ||| 86 325ix ||| 90 325ix ||| 91 318is *RIP* ||| 92 320is ||| 94 320is ||| 93 520iT ||| 89 M3 ||| 96 M3 *RIP* <
    "I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees." "What good is freedom if we are afraid to follow our conscience?"

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is
    the car has a serpentine belt... i cant just remove the belt... and that wouldn't be a delete... that would be disabling the option... and both... power steering and AC... unless you know... please don't comment!

Car's a 1992 325is w/ M50B25 Engine..

My Cars
    F82 M4 (2016)
    Ahhh so you want to remove the components completely eh? Since that is what a delete is... removing the option completely.
    Well since you want to be such a fucking smart ass... and since I do happen to know a little bit:

There is no "delete kit" For removing the AC or the power steering. It's something you have to do yourself. So yes, it is possible, but you cant just buy something for it, actually... it's "free". For the AC you would have to remove the whole AC system from the vehicle.

-First, evacuate the AC system properly. (Especially since you probably have R12)
    -Remove the Compressor and belt attached to the compressor (it is NOT part of the serpentine belt, but a seperate one)
    -Remove the dryer
    -Remove the lines and fittings from the engine bay
    -Remove the condenser

For the power steering I think you would have to employ a little bit of ingenuity. This would involve:

-Removing all power steering lines
    -Remove PS reservoir
    -Crimp or plug any lines coming out of the PS rack
    -Remove any fittings related to PS system
    -Plug any openings in the PS Pump

Disadvantages to removing the PS system:

-Still have to keep the PS pump attached, it is part of the serpentine belt and cannot be removed
    -No real benefit, it has been discussed before and there is no benefit to removing the PS system for the weight that it sheds. Even if you are tracking your car. See link below for example:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...power+steering

Anything else you might want to remove related to weight would be the usual track car stuff such as insulation, washer system, etc. Also a vast wealth of knowledge is accessable on this forum by using the search funciton, i'm sure that you can find more on this subject just by searching.
    ...flieg wenn du fliegen kannst,
    lieb wenn du lieben kannst,
    weil du nie kriegst was du kriegen kannst...

> Past bimmers ||| 86 325ix ||| 90 325ix ||| 91 318is *RIP* ||| 92 320is ||| 94 320is ||| 93 520iT ||| 89 M3 ||| 96 M3 *RIP* <
    "I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees." "What good is freedom if we are afraid to follow our conscience?"