Thread: Trunk Tail Lights

My Cars
    BMW 525i, Lexu ES300

Trunk Tail Lights

I have a 1990 525i that has a problem with the trunk tail lights. The drivers' side rear light was broken due to somebody backing in to it a cracking the plastic. With recent rains, water got inside the light, so I found a replacement unit from a recycling yard. Put it in last weekend, but both sides do not light up when I turn on the lights. The back-up light works, as well as , the trunk lights work also, but nothing is lit up from the red portion of the trunk tail light. Could I have a blown fuse or is it something else? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

My Cars
    1995 540i A(sold)
    I have my old ones from before going clear, and since you are in Sac, we could try mine and see if they work?

Let me know
    E34 540iA Sold 1/06......

My Cars
    E90, E34 (retired)
    on the trunk lights, the red parts do not light up, only the reverse light. the red spots on the trunk lights are for the euro rear foglights.

My Cars
    BMW 525i, Lexu ES300
    Shragon, thanks for the info. I thought it seemed weird that everything worked except for the red portion of the light. Are the rear fogs an option or just for european models?

My Cars
    E90, E34 (retired)
    n/p. european law requires front and rear fogs.