Thread: Where can i get blue bulbs for my headlights??

My Cars
    318i

Where can i get blue bulbs for my headlights??

One blew the other day so i thought id change them now, wots the best??

any pics would be good!!!

Cheers
    Al

My Cars
    red poopbox
    you can get ricer bulbz from any auto parts store. but usually they will have a blue coating on the glass, which kills light output. if you want bright lighting with a hint of blue, get HIDs

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    1998 BMW M Thre... 328 (sigh)
    You can get them at most Autozone, Kragen, or Pep Boys stores. Bav Auto used to sell PIAA lights, those were pretty sick, i'm not sure if they still sell them though. I would just make sure to get blue lights that flash white, so the cops won't hassel you as much.
    190000 millihorsepower!!!

Intake, M3 Exaust, Bav Auto Springs, 24in DUB Edition Contour wheels, Clears, Window Tint

My Cars
    red poopbox
    do they even have autozone, kragen, or pep boys in the UK??

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    m3
    Hey man, I know you probly don't want to hear this or don't care but it's worth a shot. I had some ricer 100w blue bulbs in my car and the light they put out was total crap only i didn't really realize it at the time, they were in the car when i bought it. One went out on me a few weeks ago so i was forced to change them. I bought the Osram Silverstars and installed them lastnight and the light they put out is 70-80% better then the crap they replaced. Just trying to help you out, I feel alot safer driving at night now 'cause i can acutally see... Imagine that.

My Cars
    99 M Roady, 99 M3, 17 X1
    I also suggest silverstar's....I just changed all the bulbs in my car, and they are great. They don't shine blue, just bright white.

My Cars
    318i
    cool, cheers guys, im not so much into my rice stuff either but i just want a hint of blue in mine, none of those shops mentioned ring a bell so if you could name some actual products then i could have a look over here!!

Cheers

My Cars
    99 M Roady, 99 M3, 17 X1
    Sylvania silverstar bulbs will shine a bright white...if you want blue bulbs, get sylvania cool blue bulbs.

My Cars
    02 IS300
    As stated, Silverstars are one of the best bulbs you can get, without going HID. PIAA also has a high quality set of bulbs, they are like $100 and almost burn at HID temperatures.

Also, I had SYLVANIA "Cool Blue" bulbs in my 3000GT, before I upgraded to HIDs, and yeah...they offered a small help in lighting, but not much. I say go with Silverstars, more light for your money.
    1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT
    1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    1997 BMW ///M3 Estoril Blue
    1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    2002 Lexus IS300

Sold

My Cars
    99 M Roady, 99 M3, 17 X1
    Yeah, the sylvania's are only 50 bucks for low beams and 35 for fogs.....a lot cheaper then piaa.