Thread: New guy back to the forums, help?

My Cars
    96' 328i

New guy back to the forums, help?

Hey guys, i'm back here after a few months...

anyway, as i mentioned over in the e36 forum, i have my 96' 328i and i'm ready to start modding, i want to do suspension, 95' m3 steering conversion (the rack), ssk, 3.15 lsd.

i can't aford to go all out, i'm getting h&r springs w/ koni yellows, do you guys suggest the sport or race springs, are the race ones just way to stiff for daily driving?

also what are my affordable options for getting more power (as in no turbo's since i dont have 10k to drop in my car)

i've heard cams and m50 mani, but with the manifold u lose your torque and only have gains above 5k rpms, which is way to high since dont drive above 5k much unless i'm cruising/racing... i'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on options for my car and what they would suggest...

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    AFAIK the H&R Sport springs are TOO soft and the Race springs are just soft, they're both progressive so they won't be too harsh for street use.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    96' 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Daved
    AFAIK the H&R Sport springs are TOO soft and the Race springs are just soft, they're both progressive so they won't be too harsh for street use.
    what springs do you suggest? i can get either of those for 225$ what do you have, and what have you done to your car, its gorgeous

My Cars
    96' 328i
    so what do you recommend/ do you have?

My Cars
    Vicla
    I've got the H&R Sports with Koni SAs. The ride is firmer than stock, but not too harsh. I would have gone Race springs, but was too concerned about clearance. If that's not a problem for you, and you want it low, I'd say get them. Be aware, you may need to get adjustable camber plates to correct your alignment.
    You can do a search to see how my car sits. There's pics on this forum and in the Rides forum.

My Cars
    96' 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSupremo
    I've got the H&R Sports with Koni SAs. The ride is firmer than stock, but not too harsh. I would have gone Race springs, but was too concerned about clearance. If that's not a problem for you, and you want it low, I'd say get them. Be aware, you may need to get adjustable camber plates to correct your alignment.
    You can do a search to see how my car sits. There's pics on this forum and in the Rides forum.

thanks man, see, i want it to be as stiff as possible with me still standing the ride... what do you guys suggest in conjuction wiht the suspension,xbrace? sway bars? does my stock 328i have any sway bars stock?