Thread: Ive searched, Clutch stop ? too short?

adriver is offline Why would I be sarcastic?
    My Cars
    slick 95 tourin s52/5spd

Ive searched, Clutch stop ? too short?

Ok so I just got and installed my clutch stop. (i live at the end of a culdesac and kept driving in a circle to test). I can feel how short it keeps getting, but I basically backed it all the way out, yes it fell out I unscrewed it so far, and I still could have gone farther? WTH is this normal. So i put it in about 2 threads and tightened the nut. So what does that mean. Is my clutch going bad or wouldnt that mean its pretty good.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    if you need to let the clutch pedal out nearly at the top before it grabs then your clutch is very worn. doesn't mean that it's toast but you should prepare to replace it soon before it leaves you stranded.

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    slick 95 tourin s52/5spd
    ok thanks ill start savin. to hopefully get the ltw fly at the same time.

My Cars
    There is going to be some play with the clutch pedal though, all e36 are like that. No e36 I've driven so far grabbed right after it left the floor board. All had atleast 1-2inch play.

My Cars
    slick 95 tourin s52/5spd
    even after you add the extra 2 inches of clutch stop, its still supposed to take another inch or two?

My Cars
    1996 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by adriver
    even after you add the extra 2 inches of clutch stop, its still supposed to take another inch or two?
    No it shouldn't. I've got a loews clutch stop and I left some play in it, but nowhere near as much as you have. Like madhatter said, just be ready to buy a new clutch since it will go out in the near future.
    I call BS - there's no bmw driver that can't run his car faster than any magazine has ever done before.
    -Joe

My Cars
    Cars: Cars: Cars:
    Does anyone else live in constant fear of thinking the clutch stop is too close to engagement point? I've set mine pretty close, although i still have to let it out a bit before it starts rolling. So basically, is it alright as long as its not rolling when the clutch is in?

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsound
    Does anyone else live in constant fear of thinking the clutch stop is too close to engagement point? I've set mine pretty close, although i still have to let it out a bit before it starts rolling. So basically, is it alright as long as its not rolling when the clutch is in?
    not me, I have mine set to pick up about a half inch from the clutch stop. as long as there is zero contact at your set point then you should be ok.

Hey man, I'm a professional!