Thread: First kill: 328is vs. new moded civic si

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima

First kill: 328is vs. new moded civic si

Hey everybody this is my first kill since I just got the car 3 days ago. So I was driving with my gf at night on an avenue (about 40mph) when a blue new body styled civic si passed me on the left. The avnue only had one lane per direction. He was droped on rims, exhaust, intake, HID's and thats all I seen and heard. He caught a red light and there was room on the right so I lined up next to him and looked over. He smiled and reved on me. So i reved back and on the green we both took off. By second gear i had him by 2 car lenths. I had to stop after that since there were cars parked on that avenue so I let him pass me. It wasn't anything special but I was satified with the performance of my car since it's bone stock. Just wanted to share. Laterz

My Cars
    328CI
    Now try hunting some GSRs You can still beat the unboosted GSRs (unless they do serious NA engine work).. I've beaten a bunch of the GSRs.

The RSX-S would be a great race, just remember to shift quick or if you a little late/early on the shift, the RSX-S will start to pull a car ahead....I've been there.

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    I guess I got to look into gettting a sts and some new bushings

My Cars
    08 Accord Coupe 6MT
    Good run, congrats on getting the 328. Those newer Si's supposedly respond well to mods, even so, it would take more than just intake and exhaust for him to have a decent chance at beating a 328.

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    Thanks NY330xi. Yeah it felt good beating him, especialy since he was moded.

My Cars
    Dead 328is, 1997 M3
    great kill and congrats on your new car. I love to race the RSX type s, with simple bolt on's it gives us guys a great race.

My Cars
    08 Accord Coupe 6MT
    yea the Type S with only 4-5 mods can run low 14s....as soon as the Prelude dies (im at 138k now, should last me another 3-4 years at 15K miles/year)....im either getting a used RSX-S or an S2000....choices choices.

Actually, I lied. Im still a BMW lover more then Honda, guess is gonna have to be a used 2001 M3 for me...yeahhhhhhhhhh

My Cars
    2001 X5
    How would a 94 325is with Intake-Chip-Exhaust do against a type-S or gsr? Is my lightly modded 325is in the same league as the 328's?
    TIA

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe
    nice kill but if you had two cars on him why didn't you pull into his lane instead of slowing down and popping in behind him?

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    The reason why I braked was also becasue there was a red light coming up and I didn't want to take a chance on geting rear ended. I don't trust people that I don't know when it comes to aggresive driving.

My Cars
    98 328i

nice run...

Guess he needs to mod a little more. Like we all know, they ARE capable of giving us 328's a run with a few more mods. That's providing we don't mod ourselves. But yeah, GS-R's, Ludes, and RSX's will give you a better run.

I put 385,000 kms on my 90 lightly modded Accord - original clutch!! Before I sold it to buy my 328i.

NY330xi - 135k on the Lude? And should only last 3-4 yrs? Those engines can go for a lot longer than that. If you maintain it well. You'll get many more years IMO.

Enjoy your ride. I guarantee you will.

Cdn328i

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 Audi All Road V8, 05 M3 ZCP
    I have no idea how you guys pulls two car lengths on someone in just first gear.
    I have an M3 and there is no way I'm pulling two car lengths on someone in just first gear
    unless the other person is driving a pinto, not racing or just downright inept.

Apparently he was moded and he reved, so I'm assuming he wanted to race and he had some clue or wasn't all that inept.
    I drive a 911 turbo fairly regularly, and you can barely get two car lengths off the line with that with someone who wants to play.
    Yes, by third gear it's footbald field lenghts...

But I don't get it. First gear takes all of three or four seconds.
    How can you get two car lengths if the other guy takes off fairly agressively?

Fayetteville, Arkansas/West Palm Beach, FL
    My Cars
    04 330ci 6 Speed
    Quote Originally Posted by rommelrules
    I have no idea how you guys pulls two car lengths on someone in just first gear.
    I have an M3 and there is no way I'm pulling two car lengths on someone in just first gear
    unless the other person is driving a pinto, not racing or just downright inept.

Apparently he was moded and he reved, so I'm assuming he wanted to race and he had some clue or wasn't all that inept.
    I drive a 911 turbo fairly regularly, and you can barely get two car lengths off the line with that with someone who wants to play.
    Yes, by third gear it's footbald field lenghts...

But I don't get it. First gear takes all of three or four seconds.
    How can you get two car lengths?
    i do agree but on this iwth you, but i have also experienced both sides. in first gear, its all about the launch, other driver bogs...game over. i kept up with my best friends ws6 in 1st and 2nd gear almost even till the end of 2nd, just because he cant launch since he will spin tires forever
    Past Cars:
    1994 525i 5 Speed
    1997 328is 5 Speed with I/C/E
    e39 540i/6 252rwhp 282rwtq stock
    straight pipes, silencer delete

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    He must have spun his wheels of the line. I had a nice launch so thats how I got 2 cal lenths by second gear.

My Cars
    08 Accord Coupe 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnR328i
    Guess he needs to mod a little more. Like we all know, they ARE capable of giving us 328's a run with a few more mods. That's providing we don't mod ourselves. But yeah, GS-R's, Ludes, and RSX's will give you a better run.

I put 385,000 kms on my 90 lightly modded Accord - original clutch!! Before I sold it to buy my 328i.

NY330xi - 135k on the Lude? And should only last 3-4 yrs? Those engines can go for a lot longer than that. If you maintain it well. You'll get many more years IMO.

Enjoy your ride. I guarantee you will.

Cdn328i
    Its got 138k now and I estimate ill be putting at least 15K a year on it in the next 3-4 years (back and forth from colleges etc). I expect it to reach 200,000 without any major issues, but I do drive it pretty hard, thats the only thing. We'll see...

My Cars
    '98 328i blk/blk
    Quote Originally Posted by Justbimmering
    The reason why I braked was also becasue there was a red light coming up and I didn't want to take a chance on geting rear ended. I don't trust people that I don't know when it comes to aggresive driving.
    that's NY driving for you! not only we need to be aggressive, but also defensive to idiot drivers.....they seem to increase in numbers by the second in NY.........

My Cars
    08 Accord Coupe 6MT
    Hmm guess where I am from? JustBimmering, where are you from in NY?

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    LOL I am from Brooklyn. And yes there are alot of idiots that drive carelessly and even with out insurance. Hey MEDRIVEE36 and NY330xi where in NY are you guys located?

My Cars
    08 Accord Coupe 6MT
    well, to NYC natives I'm from "upstate"...Rockland County, basically next to Westchester and the smallest county in NY. Lots of rich idiots with nice cars that don't like to race either!!!

My Cars
    328CI
    Quote Originally Posted by NY330xi
    well, to NYC natives I'm from "upstate"...Rockland County, basically next to Westchester and the smallest county in NY. Lots of rich idiots with nice cars that don't like to race either!!!

You also realize that street racing is illegal too, right?

Just because people with nice cars doesn't want to race you on the street doesnt mean that they will never race at the track

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    Well aot of rich kids get cars just because of the name like Benz, lexus, bmw and they don't even know what they are realy driving. They dont' even know what kind of engine it comes with aslongest is nice and fast.