Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need an E36 experienced person to do a PPI in DFW, please.

My Cars
    328i

Need an E36 experienced person to do a PPI in DFW, please.

Is anyone with serious experience with the E36 M3 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area willing to do a pre-purchase inspection for me? It's a 1995 M3 and it will involve driving the car and making sure that it's tight and worth the amount I'm offering for the car. I will need it done either this coming Thursday (March 10th) or before.

Any help will be appreciated, and if I can compensate whoever gives me a hand in gas or something, I will.

Thanks!
    Duncan

My Cars
    98 M3
    autoscope in plano will do a PPI, if you are looking for a shop.

What area is the car located in?
    Sean

My Cars
    328i
    I think it's in Garland.

I'm looking for an experienced member's opinion...I'm 400 miles away from the car and getting a car lot to arrange a PPI without you there can sometimes just get you a bunch of hassle. the car will be real cheap (comparatively) anyway so I'm not looking for something flawless...I just need an honest persons opinion on whether the car is worth the $8000 I intend to invest initially.

My Cars
    99 M3
    i'm over an hour away from Garland or I would drive out there. I think there are a few people that aren't too far from there.

My Cars
    328i
    May not be in Garland...just seems like a garland phone number. As I said, though, I would be more than happy to pay for gas or something for anyone willing to make the trip.

He actually lists the car as being in fort Worth.

My Cars
    99 M3
    If the car is in Fort Worth I can check it out for you for sure.

My Cars
    328i
    Thanks man! I'll try and find out ASAP and let you know. What times would you be available to go look at her? I'll have to try and make it covienient for everyone...

My Cars
    99 M3
    If its in Fort worth I can get away from work to look at it. Just let me know when and i'll take my camera with me.

My Cars
    328i
    I really appreciate that, man! I'll let you know!

My Cars
    328i
    This is the car in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4532946770

Any opinions off the top of your head? There's a couple of things that stand out to me but I have some body experience so fixing them would be easy and probably free.

My Cars
    98 M3
    looks like its been hit front and rear. Trunk, rear bumper, front bumper, nose panel, all don't fit or have damage. The m3 badge isn't correctly placed, makes me think the trunk is new or repainted. No underpanel, or brake ducts. Exhaust hanger is broken, or the exhaust is bent. Incorrect oil cap.

It does have bilstein shocks, in the front at least.

Thats all i see with it. Ray can give you a better idea of it in person though.
    Sean

My Cars
    99 M3
    It seems like maybe it got hit in the front. The grill placement is off, underpanel is missing. The trunk is sticking up on the passenger side. For 8,000 it should be a pretty good car. Maybe a dead battery too since the time is reset. Most likely its been repaired from an accident. I'll check the vin#s on all the panels as well.
    I would buy BMUU's 3.2obd1 Motor for sale and have it as a back up and you're all set! . Let me know where in ft worth it is and I will take a look at it.

My Cars
    328i
    I'm waiting for him to get me an exact address.

Yeah that's what I was referring to earlier...the rear deck-lid and the front bumper. The deck-lid will be a very simple fix if it's the lid it's self that's skewed (most likely). I think it was hit in the back, but not hard. I don't think it's a poor repair, I think it was not repaired. The exhaust doesn't seem bent...the angle leaves me to believe the hanger is bent but it's hard to say from that photo.

The grills and front bumper leave me somewhat concerned. I'm not much concerned about brake ducts or the under-panel...they're not detrimental nor expensive. I'm not sure what would be involved with the grills, though...not very sure how they mount.

But for $8000 I think it'll be worth repairing to drive or turn a profit...but a personal inspection tell me more. And I'm seriously considering picking up an extra motor...just in case.

My Cars
    328i
    The pass. grill almost looks like it's on upside-down...

But, looking at it, I can see that I'll definately need new foggies (or the pass. side one at least), headlights, that grill probably, and a new body hammer....

~edit~ Actually looking at this pic the front doesn't look skewed...the grill is pushed back is all. Or that's what I see...other opinions are welcome...
    Last edited by makenzie71; 03-07-2005 at 02:23 AM.

My Cars
    N/A
    Just check the spare tire area for a rear impact and the rear shock towers.

My Cars
    99 M3
    Car is in Grand Praire.. One of the Arlington guys want to check the car out for him?

My Cars
    328i
    Anyone at all?

My Cars
    No thank you
    Ask Joe.

Isn't it kinda late for an inspection? I mean you've won the auction and are now looking to have it inspected?
    BMWCCA #364799
    Peake SRS airbag reset/diagnostic tool $95 shipped
    Searching for my 848 Unicorn
    "Have a mind that's open to everything, get attached to nothing" - Busey-ism

My Cars
    328i
    No...it's not too late. The only reason I bid was because reserve was met just a few moments before the auction ended, after the owner agreed to let me inspect the car prior to purchase. there's no way I'm going to pay for a vehicle without getting it inspected first. If it falls through the worst that can happen is I get a negative feedback...but if I don't pay for the car there's a lot more wrong with it than what's evident in the ad (therefor it's misrepresented) so I stand nothing to lose.

Who's Joe?

(edit~ Also just found the ad last night. Hard to plan much with 5 hours notice.)

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by makenzie71
    <b> If it falls through the worst that can happen is I get a negative feedback</B>...

well thats farked up

My Cars
    328i
    excuse me...just found the "ignore" feature...

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by makenzie71; 03-08-2005 at 01:15 AM.

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by makenzie71
    Yeah, man...let me tell you, it's REALLY fucked up...especially being the only reason I'd get negative feedback is if I didn't pay and the only reason I wouldn't pay is if...

Read the whole thing or just stop reading.

bashing the aznman? good luck getting help now

My Cars
    328i
    excuse me...just found the "ignore" feature....

have a nice day.
    Last edited by makenzie71; 03-08-2005 at 01:14 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    wow, well good luck getting someone to look at the car now.
    Sean

My Cars
    328i
    If his inabillity to read and pompous attitude toward me are reason enough to not want to help me, I guess I'll have to cope...but that seems really messed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast