Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins....

My Cars
    95' M3, 97' 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghawk
    Searched Realoem.com and located a page that looks promising but couldnt make out the exact shape of the part since my car doesnt have one and the pictures doesnt show all that much.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...47&hg=51&fg=70
    I think you got it…, part # 22 on the diagram. I cannot believe dealer could not find it… Thanks man.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Nice. Thanks.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    Jetta
    at night

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 03:57 PM.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott

My Cars
    Jetta
    I fixed the pesky OBC bulbs and now have a clock in the car. But more importantly I picked up the new clips for the side moldings:
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 03:58 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    So do the fogs look OK or should I change them out and if so to what?

My Cars
    Jetta
    Can't wait to get this installed....
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 03:59 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Alarm installed and set dipswitches to most sensitive.

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:01 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Went to put my shock tower caps on, but I can't find one of them....
    Will these even work with camber plates anyway?
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:02 PM.

My Cars
    1997 328i (for sale), 2003 540i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    Can't wait to get this installed....
    You should take a bunch of pics during the install, and then post them. That could be a great DIY thread.

My Cars
    Jetta
    No problem...I will do that

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    Old Skool - If you have no use for that one M3 strut cap, I'll buy it from you. Just give me a price and you got payment. Just saying incase they don't fit over the camber plates. Don't throw it away!

Thanks,
    Last edited by Robert; 04-08-2005 at 02:27 AM.
    -Robert

97 BMW 328is - cosmos blk/blk - 2door - 5speed - sport package

Shark Injector - Cosmos Racing CAI - UUC Clutch Stop - UUC Underdrive Pulleys - UUC Delrin Shift Carrier Bushings - UUC SS Clutch Line - UUC TME Red - UUC Stainless Steel Brake Lines - MZ3 SSK - Bilstein Sport Shocks - Eibach Prokit Springs - 96+ M3 Offset Strut Mounts(swapped) - 96+ M3 Rear Sway Bar -
    96+ M3 Control Arms - 96+ M3 LCABs - E46 M3 RSMs - X-Brace - Turner RTAB Limiters - Turner Brass Caliper Bushings - Fan Delete - Rear Shock Tower Brace -

My Cars
    E36 325is Bmw
    Did you fix that car alrdy!?!? i just welding my little part on my frame and im painting my hood,fender,nose and bumper in my garage.

My Cars
    Jetta
    More like fixed it to pieces.
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:05 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Damn I can't wait to get these in the new car. But I need to get the headliner in first, then the seats.
    So I am anal about the way my seats look and this looks good for a driver's seat...however I just want to know if there is a simple way to clean up very minor wear without sanding it down and re-dying it.
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:07 PM.

My Cars
    E36 325is Bmw
    mmm vaders, i have a recaro seat in my room for the past 7 months cause ive been too broke to buy the bracket

My Cars
    Jetta
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentwashere
    mmm vaders, i have a recaro seat in my room for the past 7 months cause ive been too broke to buy the bracket
    Ouch. That sucks. Get a second job?

My Cars
    Jetta
    I have successfully rescued the fdk, udp etc. from the old car.
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:08 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Engine without acc.
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:09 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    M3 brakes got here finally...still have to inspect them, clean them up and rebuild them....

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:10 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Water pump nut removed successfully thanks to this little guy.
    I have actually shipped 3 of these out to forum members...

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:15 PM.

My Cars
    1995 E36 318i/M42
    Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    Went to put my shock tower caps on, but I can't find one of them....
    Will these even work with camber plates anyway?
    You don't happen to have a part number for the cap, do you? I'm trying to find a pair (or are they unobtanium?).

Thanks!

-Derek
    '95 318i

My Cars
    '92 BMW 325is Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekVa
    You don't happen to have a part number for the cap, do you? I'm trying to find a pair (or are they unobtanium?).

Thanks!

-Derek
    '95 318i
    Part number: 31312227387 obviously you need two

My Cars
    Jetta
    I got the wheels on last night..finally.
    I still need to clean them up a bit but I am sick of not having them on the car and I will have to take them back off soon enough anyway.

So the unnerving part however is that I went to remove the lug bolts and as it turns out two of the bolts on the passenger rear side are barely tight at all. Then on the driver's side one is not tight and one is missing! Holy crap. I have never had that happen to me in any car ever before. I don't even really know how I missed it. Luckily I had spare bolts from the other car.
    The next problem is that the wheels were siezed to the hubs. I had to use a lot of penetrating liquid and careful application of a rubber mallet to the tire itself. Finally I was able to work all the wheels off. I had to clean up the hub surface, the wheel surface and put lithium grease on the lug bolts.
    It was well worth it though because it makes the car look so much nicer. I am currently running 7.5 all around with 235/40/17 S03s in the back and 225/45/17 T1-S in the front.

And without further adieu here is the pic:
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:17 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Got some goodies in the mail today.
    Edge exhaust. Thanks Erik! (Edge Motorwerks: retail price $395, 2.5" dia aluminized, magnaflow muffler, not mandrel bent, produces comparable hp to the competition....)
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:20 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    JTD Underpanel compliments of MPerformance.
    Group buy here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=339107
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast