Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins....

My Cars
    Jetta

And so it begins....

Well, I began dismantling the car. I have a lot of plans for the garage. The clutter will be going back into the basement. I am working on lighting and setting up a work bench area.
    Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 02:05 PM.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    Jetta
    More pictures

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 02:09 PM.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott

My Cars
    Bugeyed STi | E36 - GONE
    Looks like you are pretty organized and have a game plan setup... keep BF.c posted . Good luck bro...

My Cars
    03 Jeep, 05 R6
    What are you doing?

My Cars
    Jetta
    Car got totalled. Now I am stripping it down. I will be parting it out. I am also trying to buy a new car and I will be swapping some parts over.

My Cars
    E36 325is Bmw
    looks exactly like what my car looks like now. cept my radiator is fine but everything else looks identical

My Cars
    Jetta
    I am having trouble getting the windshield wipers off.
    Any suggestions? I know it would help to have a gear puller or something. I tried folding them and then pulling and rocking but it didn't work.

My Cars
    Jetta
    There are a few parts listed in the classifieds from the car. More will be added as I get time to disassemble it.

My Cars
    '03 M3, '92 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    I am having trouble getting the windshield wipers off.
    Any suggestions? I know it would help to have a gear puller or something. I tried folding them and then pulling and rocking but it didn't work.
    squirt some WD40 on them, then just keep pulling. it took me a while to pull mine off when we changed out my windshield
    '03 E46 M3 - "Brittney"
    '92 E34 525i - "Ivanka"

My Cars
    E36 325is Bmw
    took me awhile just pry it off after u get that nut off

My Cars
    1996 318ti
    Looks like fun. You wouldn't happen to have some dove floor mats?
    I call BS - there's no bmw driver that can't run his car faster than any magazine has ever done before.
    -Joe

My Cars
    '92 BMW 325is Coupe
    wipers are taken off by first removing the caps and the nut ( Im sure you did these steps already). Prop up wipers as if you were to clean your windshield, press down on arm towards windshield and if needed pull a bit on lower part of the arm ( by the nut). Needing some parts if your interested in selling to me. PM me

My Cars
    Jetta
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB
    Looks like fun. You wouldn't happen to have some dove floor mats?
    No. Sorry.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghawk
    wipers are taken off by first removing the caps and the nut ( Im sure you did these steps already). Prop up wipers as if you were to clean your windshield, press down on arm towards windshield and if needed pull a bit on lower part of the arm ( by the nut). Needing some parts if your interested in selling to me. PM me
    I tried this. I think I will need to lube it up and just keep at it. I had similar trouble taking wipers off my last car.
    PM me the parts you need and I will see what I can do.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Man, I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to keep this updated with the progress. I plan to take a bunch of pics tonight.

If anyone needs a how-to for a particular part of the car let me know.
    I plan to do a quick write up on how to take out the arm rest console and how to change lock cores in a glovebox.
    Anything else?

My Cars
    2002 540i, 2010 Maxima
    I wish I had a garage.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Quote Originally Posted by Justbimmering
    I wish I had a garage.
    Guess why I bought the house.
    This thing is huge, it is insulated and is set up for multiple ventilation systems and is wired with its own box for 220. Unfortunately because I have been remodeling the basement it has basically just been a storage shed...even so I can still easily fit two cars, typ garage items and still have room to work.

My Cars
    Jetta
    Well I got the garage cleaned up. I still have to install the lights and put together the rest of the workbench etc.

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 02:10 PM.

My Cars
    Jetta
    couple more shots:

Last edited by old skool; 05-05-2006 at 02:12 PM.

My Cars
    94 318i
    off topic, would you be willing to sell the trunk tool kit parts individually? i'm missing a few

My Cars
    Jetta
    I actually have a for sale thread for that kit. I am selling it as a whole kit. I think the pricing is reasonable and you could always sell off the unused tools or save them for spares.

My Cars
    BMW 323is
    Are the wheels for sale, if so what size are they, also what are they wrapped in and what brand? How much?

My Cars
    Jetta
    Well in terms of the wheels I think I am going to have to wait to sell them until I don't need to be able to roll the car around or I am going to have to fabricate a rolling body stand for the car....that might be a while.

My Cars
    BMW 323is
    No problem, let me know when your are ready in the meantime can you tell me the size and the condition of the wheels and also how much tread life is left, and what brand of tire??

My Cars
    Jetta
    Wheels are in very good condition. 16x7 OEM sport package double spokes. Tires up front are Potenza perf. all season, and the rears are dunlop perf. all seasons. Not sure on tread wear....probably about 50%

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast