Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 M5 vs 95 M3t

02 M5 vs 95 M3t

Yesterday a beautiful black debadged M5 with tubi exhaust was in front me at a light. A few blips of the throttle from the driver and a nod from the rearview mirrior was a welcome invitation... it was on! Keep in mind my M3 looks fairly stock from the front. The intercooler was spray painted black so not to give away the unfair advantage.

The M5 took the bait! Light turns green.. he lights up the rears and we are off... by the time I hit 2nd gear I was already making the pass hit 3rd and it was game over. We pulled up to the next light I complimented his car. He did not say too much (ego brusied??) besides telling me it was an M5 (no ****? really?) he said "I took the badge off to make it a sleeper". I said "you should consider finding a few more ponies before playing the sleeper game". Light turns green and he is off again. I guess some people enjoy being beat. To no suprise same result with his head start my 10 yr old M3 pulled past him thru 3rd and kept pulling until he quit. GAME OVER!
    Last edited by Hugo; 03-04-2005 at 03:48 PM.

My Cars
    a slow M3
    Nice kill! Are you the same guy with the track e30?

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by L8Apex
    I said "you should consider finding a few more ponies before playing the sleeper game".
    lol, road bully..

i wish i could race a m5 w/ ANY exhaust.. i would probably cream my pants

My Cars
    a lawnmower =]
    Quote Originally Posted by L8Apex
    I said "you should consider finding a few more ponies before playing the sleeper game".
    Haha ownage is a dish, best served cold. I would pay to see that on video.

This is OT but why did you spray your intercooler black instead of getting it anodized? I awlways figured the paint would have a negative thermodynamic effect on the core. Idk though.
    Hey thats not a lope my a/c is acting up.

My Cars
    M3, 335i, X5, IS300
    sounds like a beast....how much hp are you putting down the rear wheel?
    2002 IS 300
    2005 X5
    2008 335i

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    Nice kill.

But...

1) No profanity here please
    2) Your comment was a little cocky

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Nice kill.

2) Your comment was a little cocky
    When your putting power down like this guy, I think you might get alittle bit cocky too

Then again, I wouldnt go out and say it like that.

My Cars
    '98 Acura CL
    Quote Originally Posted by slickav
    When your putting power down like this guy, I think you might get alittle bit cocky too

Then again, I wouldnt go out and say it like that.
    Indeed, but there's always someone out there to bring you back in check real quick like. We tend to specialize in those reality checks around our shop.
    '02 Z28 NBM 1SC "Stripper" car; bolts ons, Hooker Jet Hot coated longtubes, TSP true duals, 3.73 gear, NX wet kit, tuning and a set of Corbeau TRS's / Corbeau 5 point harnesses with cam-lock release.

Times: 8.4 @ 87.3 2.016 60 ft. (all motor/street tires)

Dyno: 352/367 hp/tq corrrected (all motor)

R.I.P 8/3/05

Acura CL black on black, gets 28 mpg, and slow as the day is long.

My Cars
    2002 WRX >> 2003 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by LR229
    Haha ownage is a dish, best served cold. I would pay to see that on video.

This is OT but why did you spray your intercooler black instead of getting it anodized? I awlways figured the paint would have a negative thermodynamic effect on the core. Idk though.
    I had a discussion with swaintech.com about this matter and here is what they said about painting the intercooler:

{Black paint, if you used it correctly (very thin application) would help because the color black is emissive and will encourage heat transfer. The problem many people have with the paint is that they put it on too thick. Because the paint itself is actually insulative, they end up holding heat inside of the part instead of drawing heat out.

BBE builds on the principle of black being an emissive color and is formulated with emissive materials to improve the cooling while providing a durable and attractive finish.

The black "ceramic" you have on the exhaust parts will be a paint based process with a bit of ceramic added to it. It is primarily for looks, but will hold some heat inside of your parts.}

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanta-Z
    Indeed, but there's always someone out there to bring you back in check real quick like. We tend to specialize in those reality checks around our shop.

Thats why I just keep my power low enough to where I won't ever get cocky

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by slickav
    Thats why I just keep my power low enough to where I won't ever get cocky

same here

BTW, nice kill
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    98AMG C55,99M3,412whp 95 AWD Eagle Talon Tsi
    Quote Originally Posted by MINO
    I had a discussion with swaintech.com about this matter and here is what they said about painting the intercooler:

{Black paint, if you used it correctly (very thin application) would help because the color black is emissive and will encourage heat transfer. The problem many people have with the paint is that they put it on too thick. Because the paint itself is actually insulative, they end up holding heat inside of the part instead of drawing heat out.

BBE builds on the principle of black being an emissive color and is formulated with emissive materials to improve the cooling while providing a durable and attractive finish.

The black "ceramic" you have on the exhaust parts will be a paint based process with a bit of ceramic added to it. It is primarily for looks, but will hold some heat inside of your parts.}
    I believe spearco or some other company has a special black paint for painting intercoolers.My FMIC will certainly be next to get painted.

2015 bmw 335i Msport Xdrive 6 speed

My Cars
    skateboard
    Nice kill, great looking car. what kind of #'s are u making with it.

My Cars
    Area 51 M5(800hp) 02 G500
    So, maybe you beat this M5.
    I have a tuned M5 you can race. Your car is tuned, my car is tuned.
    Seams like that would be a funner race. My M5's ego doesnt bruise to easy.

josh.

My Cars
    '97 Hellrot euro M3 SMG & '93 dakar yellow euro M3
    you should consider finding a few more ponies before playing the sleeper game"
    Man it would suck having 400 HP under your pedal and someone is teling you that
    E36 M3 S50B32 daily - E36 M3 S54 trackcar

They Say Money Talks, All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by phillym5
    So, maybe you beat this M5.
    I have a tuned M5 you can race. Your car is tuned, my car is tuned.
    Seams like that would be a funner race. My M5's ego doesnt bruise to easy.

josh.
    agreed, lets have normally aspirated vs normally aspirated race stories please! Alternatively, maybe worth trying the E36's luck against one of the M5's coming from here: http://www.discovery-automotive.com/

Good luck

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    I see some M5board folks showing up

Quote Originally Posted by foxyboym5
    agreed, lets have normally aspirated vs normally aspirated race stories please! Alternatively, maybe worth trying the E36's luck against one of the M5's coming from here: http://www.discovery-automotive.com/

Good luck
    I guess Rob's car is still there, so maybe they should meet up with Shadowman driving his car

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Nice kill Apex. I can only imagine what the M5 guy must be thinking...

You should have told him afterwards about having a turbo though. Now the guy might go home dissappointed with his M5.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    1991 E34 M5
    That would have been a fun run to watch.
    2 awesome BMW's going toe to toe.
    Who cares who wins or looses.

click for full size

1991 E34 M5 Dinan Stage3 Suspension, Konis, Dinan Cam Gears and Software, Kelleners Strut Bar, Staggered 8-9in Polished Throwing Stars, Header Back Custom Exhaust with Eisenmann 83mm Race Muffler, Front and Rear K-40 Radar, Passenger Canyon Puke Bags
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake View Post
    you're just mad cause e34 m5's will leave 100 foot strips of rubber in front of your house, while hauling a couple of dogs and some groceries, and still enough room to bang your wife in the back seat.

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by foxyboym5

Good luck
    The kill stories forum isn't about who can do what to their car to make it the fastest, if that was the case, I would just say, I could spend like 3 grand and beat you in a Fox body stang. He beat a seemingly superior car. Good race, nice job. Evo and Sti are FI'd but are still competition for NA E36 M3s.
    Steve

My Cars
    2014 C63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Shark
    Are you the same guy with the track e30?
    L8Apex also has a SICK 911 Turbo. Do a search on the boards, you'll find the pics etc.

My Cars
    M Roadster
    Picking on the poor M5s.

The comment about finding more HP is rather rude IMHO. I'd think you were a real tool if you said that to me, regardless of what you drive or how fast it is.

98 ///M Roadster - Sharked, FDK, twin Magnaflows, UUC Stage II Flywheel, OEM M5 Clutch, UUC TME Red & Enforcers, Zimmerman rotors, Cosmos CAI, ProjectorZs w DDE, 6K HIDs, fatter rubber on the corners, UUC Underdrive Pulleys, and Stewart High Performance water pump

My Cars
    The Bavarian Falcon
    There's been two stock (I assume) E39 M5's in my area that had a wakeup call from my "lesser" BMW, both instigated by the M5 drivers.

That said, it's a great car, and I'm probably going to pick up a 2001 sometime later this year to supplement my E36. Then I'm going to force-feed it and put it on a diet.
    93 325is - total M3 conversion and more - Dinan SC kit - RMS aftercooler and tuning - 395rwhp on 91 octane.
    "....She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself." -Han Solo

CarDomain page

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak
    There's been two stock (I assume) E39 M5's in my area that had a wakeup call from my "lesser" BMW, both instigated by the M5 drivers.

That said, it's a great car, and I'm probably going to pick up a 2001 sometime later this year to supplement my E36. Then I'm going to force-feed it and put it on a diet. ................Then I am going to sell my E36 to slickav for a very very cheap price

Aaaaahhh, how nice

My Cars
    E39 ///M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak

That said, it's a great car, and I'm probably going to pick up a 2001 sometime later this year to supplement my E36. Then I'm going to force-feed it and put it on a diet.
    Nice.

Discovery can get you 1000hp if you are crazy enough.
    E36 M3/4/5 Hellrot | E38 740i Shorty Sport (2001 M-Sport) TiAg | E90 330i ZSP 6M TiAg | W211 E55 AMG

PAST: E39 M5 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 x 3 | E30 325is | E36 325is | E53 X5 4.4i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast