Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: 2001 740i Sport-Need help w/ NAV,DSP system

My Cars
    2001 740iS

2001 740i Sport-Need help w/ NAV,DSP system

My car is a 2001 740i sport with Navigation and DSP. I recently bought MB Quartz Components, a Soundstream VGA 800/5 amp and 2 Infinity Basslinks. My problem is the car headunit/DSP does not seem to have the same pinouts as the regular DSP system. My installer tells me that the head unit is a dumb terminal and the NAV/DSP/Tuner/Controls are all built into one box, and that he cannot tap into any line signals to go into the new amp. Is this correct? does anybody know anything? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me.

Thanks
    Teleworker

My Cars
    Various Prototype BMW's
    You must work within the confines of the DSP system. There is no way to tap an unprocessed, analog signal anywhere in the system.
    Therefore, the installer must tap into the signal after the OEM amplifier, which means the signals being used are already crossed over and processed.

We work with these vehicles all of the time. We typically just upgrade the speakers, leaving them powered off of the OEM amplifier, and add a subwoofer or two. This eliminates an immense amount of cost to the customer, and still yields very impressive results.

If your installer doesn't have experience with your vehicle, this could become extremely frustrating for you. Just make sure that he knows what he's doing, and you should be good.
    Jason Seaver | Founding Partner | Product Engineer
    e: jws@bavsound.com
    Bavsound | Audio Solutions Engineered Specifically For Your BMW
    www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800