Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Introductions - PLEASE

My Cars
    1993 E36 325i
    Simon Kim
    new(ish) BMWCCA member
    been lurking here for a while, looking for an E36 325
    Did couple of years of autox and DEs.
    Future plans: NASA GTS? Spec 3? Club racing? Autox? HPDE Championship? It'll depend on job and wife.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Calvin Brandt
    99 M3 owner for 2+ years
    auto-x'ing for a little while
    looking forward to real DE events on the mainland
    Aim: eagle483
    MSN: eagle483 (at) hotmail.com
    currently working for the United States Navy, stationed in Pearl Harbor, on the beautiful USS Paul Hamilton DDG-60
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    93 e32, 99 Y33
    Cayce Garrison
    AIM: theotherguy740
    bimmerforums: drage32
    vupstylecars: clean9945

My 32 e32 was my daily for about a year, but i picked up an Infiniti Q45 so i want to turn the e32 into a drag car. I know it wont be easy and it will be really expensive, but im looking to have some fun.

My Cars
    2005 Subaru WRX wagon

Hello

Mike
    NASIOC: flyboymike

I currently daily drive and autocross a 2005 WRX wagon in STX. I'm looking to get into HPDE's and possibly NASA time trials with something other than my daily driver. I'm looking at an E30 318is.
    2005 Subaru WRX Wagon - I like groceries
    Screaming power calls FTW

My Cars
    dakar m3/4,e46ci,e36 rac
    wow i never saw ther was this tread here. so here we go

im fello
    real name is Raffaello
    im 20years old i work at universal studios. iv been roadracing for about 3 years now .
    i started all with a 88 924s race car that i ran with NASA 944 CUP . got 2nd in my region. then moved on to a 93 325i that i built my self in my garage . the car has never seen a shop . i ran SCCA ITR with it and got 1st in my region. since then i have done alot of work to the race car but it hasnt hit the track yet.
    i DD a 97 M3 obd1 and a 00 323ci . my hole familly drives bmws . we have 6 bmws at ur house
    weel thats about it

Fello Ambivero

My Cars
    SpecE30, Mini Cooper JCW

Intro

Scott Gress
    Scott (at) Gress (dot) org
    No IM
    Computer geek
    Savannah, GA. (transplanted from the West Coast)

Did some Autocross a couple yrs back but didn't really catch the bug until a buddy dragged me to a DE. Was more fun then chicks. That night I started shopping to a swap out a '91 Porsche 911 Tiptronic for a later model manual. After 60 DE's (and one engine) in the '99 911 my anxiety level over W2W was reduced enough that I started thinking about how to get into racing. Bought a NASA Spec E30 and did a couple comp schools. Am now in my first year of racing.

I acknowledge that if I was 20yrs younger, tracking a car might only be "as" fun as chicks.

Usually get 6 track days/month. Instructing at DE's makes the volume of track days affordable.

Married to a lawyer-chick, have 3 little boys and a black lab.

Am a mechanical engineer by degree, but never used it. Spent 23yrs in the Marines and the Army. Bookworm, history buff and interested in current events, human nature and economics. Been heavily into triathlons since the early 80's. Can hold my own in competitive pistol, don't do as well in competitive rifle.

Am tremendously impressed with the body of knowledge in this forum and the sheer number of participants. Some of the poster's are so knowledgeable I can't hardly believe it. On the otherhand, it's not the most gracious and self-effacing forum around.

Glad to be here. I'll try not to drive you crazy with questions.
    Last edited by Ranger1; 11-15-2008 at 10:07 PM.

My Cars
    E36 325i, E34 535iTm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger1 View Post
    Am tremendously impressed with the body of knowledge in this forum and the sheer number of participants. Some of the poster's are so knowledgeable I can't hardly believe it. On the otherhand, it's not the most gracious and self-effacing forum around.
    Like many forums where a lot of the users know each other personally from time spent at the track, bars, or the like, it probably seems a lot harsher than it really is. A lot of the roughshod comments are sarcastic or joking ribbing amongst friends. And then sometimes dumb questions just get rude answers. ;-)

Welcome.
    -tammer <--learning more than contributing

My Cars
    E39 528i Touring, Spec E36, Spec Miata
    I'm Kate!

I'm in my second year of track days... I usually run the white E36 in my siggy, but the engine blew in grand fashion going into 10a at Road Atlanta last fall, so it's waiting on a heart transplant and I'm running our Spec Miata for the meantime...

I've autocrossed for 10 years and have an SCCA SE Regional Chamiopnship in CSP and a Rookie of the Year award... Hoping to get my rookie license before the summer and run an enduro this fall...
    Kate

My Cars
    95 M3 Track Only, 00 328Ci (Wifes)
    Ren Finley

10+ years of wheel to wheel racing. SCCA (ITC, ITA, FF, SS2), NASA Enduro, BMWCCA (JS, JP)

Car: 1995 M3
    Previous:
    1995 540i M-Sport Dinan S/C
    1989 M3 J-Stock/J-Prepared Club racer
    1976 2002 ITA
    1972 Datsun 510 ITC

New to the E36 M3, slowly building a dedicated track car. Engineer by trade.
    One wife, three cats
    Denver, CO

My Cars
    too many bmws
    Kish Galappatti

In my 2nd year of DE, driving a dedicated track car, E30 325is.
    Technology Problem Solver for a NYC financial.
    Married with 2 chocolate labs
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '00 F-350 Dually
    BMWCCA #360858 NASA # 128290

https://www.facebook.com/COTABBR

My Cars
    92 318is, 09 335d
    Hello, my name is Dave and I am from Saskatoon, SK, Canada. I am an engineer by trade and a car nut at heart.

I have Ice Raced and Road Raced Honda's and VW's but I am new to BMW. I recently bought myself an IT2 E36 318is that I am trying to get sorted for this coming race season. Having never driven a RWD car in anger, this should be fun!!

So hello all!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by Scharbag; 05-10-2008 at 11:53 AM.

My Cars
    96 328is, 2004 Expedition, 1965 427 Cobra replica
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger1 View Post
    Scott Gress
    Scott (at) Gress (dot) org
    No IM
    Computer geek
    Savannah, GA. (transplanted from the West Coast)

Did some Autocross a couple yrs back but didn't really catch the bug until a buddy dragged me to a DE. Was more fun then chicks. That night I started shopping to a swap out a '91 Porsche 911 Tiptronic for a later model manual. After 60 DE's (and one engine) in the '99 911 my anxiety level over W2W was reduced enough that I started thinking about how to get into racing. Bought a NASA Spec E30 and did a couple comp schools. Am now in my first year of racing.

I acknowledge that if I was 20yrs younger, tracking a car might only be "as" fun as chicks.

Usually get 6 track days/month. Instructing at DE's makes the volume of track days affordable.

Married to a lawyer-chick, have 3 little boys and a black lab.

Am a mechanical engineer by degree, but never used it. Spent 23yrs in the Marines and the Army. Bookworm, history buff and interested in current events, human nature and economics. Been heavily into triathlons since the early 80's. Can hold my own in competitive pistol, don't do as well in competitive rifle.

Glad to be here. I'll try not to drive you crazy with questions.
    Hey Scott,
    Do you know Steve Foushee #4 Spec 30 racing. He is a friend of mine.

My Cars
    95 M3, 97 M3/4/5
    Dave here in Fairfield county, Ct.
    Just bought a 95 M3 track car. Ive driven it oh about 40 feet off the trailer into the garage where its getting a valve job. Thank goodness for PPI's! Price was reduced...
    Been browsing here for a while and in fact found my car here in the classifieds.
    Hope to finally drive it next month at Pocono.
    Thanks in advance to all the members here who might help me in my education...

Dave

My Cars
    X5 4.8is, S54 GTS4 95M3
    • Iverson jr. Rick Iverson TT in '08 -GTS in '09 Mid West

My Cars
    E92 M3, E46 325i
    Real name- Trey Range
    Bimmerforums- Porschefile
    Bimmerfest- Porschefile

My Cars
    95 325is (5sp swapped), 91 M5
    Nick Wallace
    AIM- altezza6827

Have done a couple autocross', don't like the whole cone thing. Getting ready this season to start doin some DE in my 325. If anyone has any suggestions on a good set up for a DD/ track car. seats, clip in harness etc... it would be much appreciated
    95 325 (e36)-TMS chip tuned for cams, ECIS intake, Stromung exhaust, deleted cats, FDM, 3.23lsd, 5 speed swap, euro clears, s50 cams, OBDII m3 exhaust mani's, style 5's with polished and clearcoated drums steel gray painted centers and black bolts
    91 m5 (e34)- TMS chip, K&N drop in filter, throwing star wheels

05 330Ci- 6sp, imola, ZHP, bone stock

My Cars
    2004 325i; 1993 Mustang GT
    Matt P.

runningmole here, other forums and Yahoo

I HPDE a 1993 Mustang. It's pretty much an American Iron race car (sans fuel cell and full cage) and still has interior and AC! I bought an 04 325i for a daily driver so I registered here. I'm also on Corner-Cavers and know how to use the "search function"....so no need to worry about stupid n00b threads started by me!
    Last edited by runningmole; 06-10-2008 at 02:34 AM.
    2006 330ci - Daily Driver
    1993 Mustang GT - Track Mule
    HCI, T-56, MM Suspension, Brembos, 03 Cobras

My Cars
    Z06,Exige240R,Testa
    Name is Ramon.
    OnTrackDriver Forum username = P1
    MSN Messenger: truth-mhz@live.com

Track day addict. I track my C6 Z06 mostly, though I have a 1989 Testarossa and a 740i for a daily driver. I started the OnTrackDriver forum (see my sig) to be a meeting place for guys that love to track their cars, independent of brand or model.

Would love to chat anytime!

My Cars
    93 325is
    I'm David.
    DavidZ at AMSPerformance dot com

19 Years old, I have three DE's under my belt with a fourth next week. AutoX experience as well. I work for one of the US's...or the world's, really, premiere Evo tuning shops. We recently sold our time attack car, which was one of the winningest cars in the Redline time attack series, and set multiple track records. We drag race as well, with a 1130 AWHP Evo that has ran a fastest ET of 8.56. Can you tell I love my job?

I drive a 1993 325is that used to belong to a member here, TommyR, whom I mention because he did a spectacular job setting the car up, so I can concentrate on driving!

Future Plans? Somehow get more seat time during college, for now! Who knows what the future may bring!

Glad to be here, lots of knowledge to absorb, and great people to learn from.
    1993 325is

My Cars
    2002 turbo-s, 1984 vw scirocco
    hansenatorx@yahoo.com
    m eater
    Chief of tech for patroon BMWCCA, any questions or comments feel free to e-mail me.
    I'm obviously a VW guy but will soon be selling my turbo-s daily to purchase an E46 non M car.
    Everybody needs a winter car. LOL
    13 years of auto-x, 6 years of HPDE's and time trials.

My Cars
    BMW M3 LTW
    Quote Originally Posted by M EATER View Post
    hansenatorx@yahoo.com
    m eater
    Chief of tech for patroon BMWCCA, any questions or comments feel free to e-mail me.
    I'm obviously a VW guy but will soon be selling my turbo-s daily to purchase an E46 non M car.
    Everybody needs a winter car. LOL
    13 years of auto-x, 6 years of HPDE's and time trials.
    I have an E46 non-M car for sale...and I have family in Albany NY so I could deliver it if needed or at least meet you part way...

take a look...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1022036
    Sunir
    M3 LTW
    #22 HP

My Cars
    2002 turbo-s, 1984 vw scirocco
    Nice car but i have a feeling it's a little out of my price range. Trying to keep the cost to a minimum, hopefully 96-99 bone stock. If there are any left.

My Cars
    95 M3 IP #149, 03 F250 Diesel
    Real name - Joe Elwell
    As you can see, forum name, Joe149
    Have a Yahoo ID, but am not typically connected.

Hey Jon -
    We met once on the west coast at a BMW club race. I race a 95 M3 in IP. O saw your rear bumper once at the start :-). I moved out east (DC area) a few years ago and will be doing my first club race at Summit Point next week (53 entries so far - can't wait for the starts!).
    I'm also on the PDC list so see your posts often , and post occasionally. You've put together a kick-ass car - I assume you're at BW this weekend? Have fun!
    Joe

My Cars
    98 M Roadster Track Only, 07 Silverado 2500HD
    Hey Joe,

This is a different John from the Jon you were addressing. We drove together in HPDEs when you were living in California. I remember when you moved to MD. I'm still driving the Imola Red M Roadster with Swingset. Didn't you set up the trip to the Littlefield Tank Museum in Portola Valley?

I'll be running with PDC at Thunderhill on Auguest 25th. Heading to Infineon tomorrow.

John Huestis

My Cars
    95 M3 IP #149, 03 F250 Diesel
    Hey John! Yes, I do remember you. No, it wasn't me that set up that trip, but I suspect we met at CFRA - I see you're still a member. Any idea when you might join the race team?

Enjoy Infineon and the PDC day at Thill. I will say there are a TON of great tracks out here (long list), but Summit Point was a bit of a dissappointment, compared to THill or even Buttonwillow, also SCCA tracks. But most of the others are FAST compared to our left coast tracks (excluding Willow Springs and Fontana) - Watkins Glen, VIR, Road Atlanta, etc etc - those old tracks were designed for people with large spherical appendages!
    Joe

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast