Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Introductions - PLEASE

My Cars
    98 E36 M3/4
    Kirk Shell
    aim: RTRTKirkS

DE Instructor. Infrequent AutoCrosser. Too many kids activities to keep up with AutoX and Track events. I enjoy the Track events more.

My Cars
    '98 Cosmos M3
    Never even noticed this thread until now.
    Elmer Andrade
    98 M3
    Track it whenever I'm not trackin the bike(SV650S trackbike), or sometimes the same time.
    I frequent the track forum because people in here basically know what they're talking about. Very good info in here and a more mature crowd(damn I must be getting old).
    Prefer tracking over cone-dodging. Also prefer tracking the bike over the car.
    Started tracking the car in 2004, several months after I got it.
    Laguna:
    3x on bike, 2x in car
    Streets of Willow
    4x on bike, 5x in car
    1st time at Buttonwillow will be on bike on Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '03.5 M3 Coupe
    My name is Ted Anthony, I've been racing locally for the last 2 years or so and I aspire to be a professional shoe. I run the 325is in my sig with Conference (www.icscc.com).

AIM is DasAuto325, not on a lot. The last race this year is this weekend so I'm gonna be jones'in for track time this winter. I'll prbably take an open wheel school down in CA for more time and the experience (most likely Barber @ Laguna Seca) and see where I end up
    -Ted

My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228

ID yourself

Alex Lipowich here.

Live in the midwest, outside Chicago. Fortunate to work hard enough, or have enough credit to fund my hobby of BMW stuff.

I gave up autoX many years ago for one big reason. It takes several hours out of the day and ends up being just a few minutes of real fun.

The M3 LTW is full blown race car for road racing, it has a pretty complex cage, euro transplant, six speed, and very, very few parts left from how it was built in Germany.

This car sees as much action as I can afford in BMW CR, NASA and Midwest Council.

E34 M5 was an online aquisition, wrecked front, and has been slowly brought back to a reasonable shape, but honestly, its my year round car and gets snows in the winter because I won't drive my....

Z1 unless its a really nice day. At least the 3rd owner of this non-garage queen. Done in "Primordial Green", and Yellow interior. Lots of miles, lots of smiles..... not in perfect shape, but one of perhaps 20(?) in the states. Tons of fun, WAY better suspension than either of the Z3's I have had. Begging for a euro transplant, but gearbox/torque tube and Show and Display status preclude easy fix. I know a stroked M20 with built parts is the smart answer...but the allure of 6 TB..... that sound... that character... its what they would have put in there if they had a chance.

318TI project car: About to get a Euro 3.0 engine. This car was an ebay purchase with over 200K miles.... current boat anchor excuse for a motor will be pulled, and when euro is running, the motor will be for sale, with or without a TI attached to it. May sell motor out of it, and put in a SMG E46 M3 motor in to see how that would feel.

That about sums it up.

Alex Lipowich
    AIM xyobgyn
    Bimmerforums M3 Euro LTW

Alex Lipowich
    Last edited by M3 Euro LTW; 12-24-2006 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Update a few things
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

Trying to make the world a better place with 5 extra throttle bodies at a time.

My Cars
    86/735i , 81/528e , 92/328i4dr(trackcar) ,73/RdRnr

Hi Jon :)

Bimmerforums : kenno7
    Yahoo im :
    Aim : nope , not me !
    Oh-Yeahea . . . . i get ta drive next !

My Cars
    05 x3 94 325is spec e36 #068 1998 M3/4/5
    Les Davis
    focuspack@aol.com
    BF Les Davis

I have 05 x3 for daily driving and an 02 M3 for driver events. I did 5 DE's at Summit Point WVA this year and will do another with Chen Motorsports at VIR on Dec. 10 and 11. Chen has bought another DE company and I am looking forward to their events this next year at Mid-Ohio which I wll go to.

My Cars
    05 x3 94 325is spec e36 #068 1998 M3/4/5
    Add on. The first four Driver Events at Summit Point were in my 02 M Roadster which i sold to get the 02 M3.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    real name ---> Shane Eudy
    local forums ---> ///M3
    other fourms ---> HSCC///M3
    (don't do IM)

Bought my car in Jan 2001; track day at Road Atlanta June 2002; been AutoXing since July 2002. I intend to be a road racer (hopefully in a professional capacity) at some point in the future (hopefully sooner, rather than later). Until then I'll hone my skills between the cones.

My local club is Highlands Sports Car Club in Asheville NC. I served as an Autocross Chairman this year and look forward to doing the same in 2006.

Car:
    1995 M3

mods:
    - KMAC adj. front camber/castor plates
    - Bilstein Sport Shocks
    - Tuner Motorsport adj. swaybars - front & rear
    - BMW Motorsport X-brace
    - stainless braided brake lines
    - slotted front brake rotors
    - K&N air filter (I don't think that really counts!)
    in race trim:
    - Hoosier A3SO5 - 245/40-17 (wish I had V710s!)
    - SSR Competition wheels - 17 X 8
    Last edited by HSCC///M3; 12-23-2005 at 06:21 PM.
    Shane
    Autocross Chairman
    Highlands Sports Car Club

My Cars
    WCTC E90 330 #52, E36 M3 Cmod #53, E92 M3
    Sig:Byron Smith
    No IM stuff, e-mail through this site...
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    E36 M3 Cmod/GTS (project under contruction with MPACT Motorsports)
    Spec Miata
    Rotax 125cc Tony Kart
    Superformance MKIII Cobra
    745Li
    Bunch of antique motorcycles (my old habit....)

My Cars
    bus pass
    NYC

I'll race whatever I can get my hands on...
    Last edited by czm3; 02-03-2008 at 10:49 AM.

My Cars
    Jetta, Titan
    AIM: mshields (mac.com address)
    Car: 93 325is in SCCA DSP Solo 2
    Interests: Solo 2 and Pro Solo
    Try to keep the same user ID on all the forums I frequent
    Mike Shields
    2006|2007 SCCA DSP National Champion
    1993 BMW 325is | 92/192 DSP

Support Leukemia Research
    Light The Night Walk for the Leukemia-Lymphoma Society
    Eurosport High Performance

My Cars
    1995 318ti, 2006 Mini Cooper S
    Muncie, IN
    Car: 1995 318ti
    AIM TheDayBreakEnds

Did Advanced car control school at the BMW plant last summer. Instructors encouraged me to race. Starting with DEs this year with NASA. I hope to get qualified for NASA time trials. From there I don't know. I want to eventually do Targa Newfoundland, and Hill Climbs.

Building up 318ti for a somewhat streetable track car KW var. 3 coil-overs, solid metal ball joints, urethane CABs, aluminum RSMs, Meyle control arms for now a few engine mods, and a lot of deletes...I am 18 and still too young to be bothered by harsh ride, no A/C, loudness etc. that older people would have the sense to not want on a main car.

My Cars
    95 M3 Coupe & 06 X5 4.4i Sport

Hello everyone! I am a first time subscriber but long time browser.
    Name - Erik Maxwell
    No IM's
    User name - EMAX

I have been doing DE's for 5 years now...since I bought my 1995 M3. Currently live in Columbus, Ohio. I am slowly transforming the 95 M3 from a street car to a club racer. I am about half way there now! Here is a list of mods.
    TC Kline adjustable Koni's
    TC Kline camber plates
    McMahan Roll bar
    Racetech Race seat
    5 point harness'
    Stromung cat back exhaust
    3.2 Liter crate engine from BMW (OBD 1)
    17X9 SSR Comp wheels
    HAWK brake pads

Any recommendations would be great to help me along on my journey to be a club racer!
    1995 M3 - Track car
    2006 X5 4.4i Sport - Tow vehicle

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhudson
    Real name = Jay Hudson
    Bimmerforums = jayhudson (formerly LUNI2NZ)
    No Yahoo
    No AIM

Wannabe racer heading towards IP. Currently, DE freak. Tried cone punting once, didn't like it. Can't think fast enough. Not an engineer, but often think like one
    Update -

BMWCCA CR rookie license approved. #07 IP

Jay

From wannabe to has been in a few short years..... the older I get, the faster I was

My Cars
    1987/9 BMW 325is
    Stacy King here... I am the HPDE coordinator for the Triangle Z Club and Tarheel Sports Car Club in North Carolina. We run HPDEs and Time Trials at VIR, Roebling Road, and Rockingham.

I'm looking forward to hanging out and exchanging ideas/stories. I don't currently own a bimmer, but I'm actively looking for one for DD/track use

Stack

My Cars
    1976 2002, 1998 328is

Another howdy doo

I'm Doug Hitchcock, KCMO. I'm a cone dodger and I hope to do my first DE this summer, probably at Heartland Park or Hallett.

I drive an 89 325i, zinnoberrot, No. 10 DSP in SCCA autocrosses in Kansas City. Several of us here have an ad hoc group we call Bimmer Brothers Racing. We're mostly autocross junkies with a DE side habit.

Basically, I'm a freakin' beginner and I'm trying to learn everything I can, which is why I'm now checking out this forum.

My Cars
    1976 2002, 1998 328is

Oops ... forgot

My autox car has M3 springs, yellow Konis, M3 CABs, a front strut brace, GC rear shock mounts, stud conversion, K&N insert, Supersprint catback.

Oh, and just so we have someplace to set out the picnic spread ;-), an M-Tech I rear spoiler.

I'm getting some camber plates within the next month or two (either GCs or Irelands ... haven't decided), along with some 15X7 Team Dynamics Pro Race Ones in black.

Wish list: Big adjustable sway bars with urethane bushings; rear shock tower brace; H&R sports.

Hitchcock

My Cars
    HZ One Tonner
    Sorry to be a pain... but I cant seem to be able to start a new thread... I am registered and I confirmed my registry and everything... but it keeps telling me Im not allowed to post a URL...

Please Help... sorry to interrupt you guys...

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    You can't start new threads or post URL's until you have "paid your dues" and made a certain number of posts to prove you aren't a spammer. Contribute a bit to the forum and then you'll be free to start threads and post URL's to your heart's content.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Howdy. My name is Peter Kazaks, and I'm in Milwaukee. Autocrossed for a few years in a first gen RX7 and then an MKII MR2, including a trip to nationals. Sold the MR2 and drove a WRX for a year and a half, then sold it after having the tranny rebuilt... Haven't been racing the last few years, spent my time on the lake in my ski boat instead, but now interested in getting back into autocrossing.

I'm on the lookout for an unmodified E36 318 with five speed, lsd, sport package, and under 110k miles. My research seems to show that combination was available from '92 to '96. The goal will be dialing it in as an HS autocrosser and daily driver. I would rather have the 318i than is, as four doors would be nice, but not an absolute necessity. I haven't been able to determine which one weighs more, any info on that would be appreciated. Seems like the 318is is easier to find with those options, so maybe I'll go that route.

This forum is great, lots of real information to be found here.

GUS

My Cars
    01 325Ci, 07 Exige S, 92 Celica GT4, 86 MR2
    Real name = Mike Choi
    AIM = mike325ci
    BimmerFrorums = mike325ci

Car: 2001 E46 325Ci -- all stock (oh, minus the Kumho V700s for racing)
    Abuse: Autocross (BMWCCA) and Driver Schools (BMWCCA)

Howdy everyone. Been autocrossing since I got my car back in 2001, although this is not my preferred autocross car (my '86 MR2 is my "main" autox car) I still like to bring it out to play. Hoping to have some good discussions here.
    Mike Choi | NYC, NY | '01 E46 325Ci + Some Toyotas | 325Ci.com

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...

Hmm

real name Gary Gray
    BF..GGray
    aim/yahoo..not me!

autocrossing since 1986, DE's since 91, Instructing since 96, club race in 99 in my M3 D Mod/GT2, now refered to as "hanger queen" aka: "yeah I'm gonna fix it this year" Hopefully club race in the future...When I get the race car fixed

Current track toy: 95 m3, turbocharging it for track use.

Favorite track...Road Atlanta...
    Gary Gray

If you can take it apart you can make it faster!

My Cars
    '95 M3, '07 Z06
    AIM: hhw711
    Cars: '99 328i, '00 Z3 2.5, Sold the '99 M3, '93 MR2
    Interests: Solo II, instructing

My Cars
    98 328i
    AIM: RandomRud
    Bimmerforums: Rud

Locality: Davis, CA

Events you're likely to find me at: SCCA/AAS/BMWCCA autocrosses, random track days.

Started autocrossing 6-7 years ago in a 98 Civic, moved on to an 84 RX-7 (first RWD car!), progressed through a Miata (first track days in this car, sweet), picked up a 74 2002 for BMWCCA autox, broke it a couple times, drove a friend's 97 328i, liked it so much I bought a 98 328i for myself to replace the 2002 and Miata in autox, OT, and daily driver duties.
    1998 328i
    Whoomah!

My Cars
    Too many...or...NOT
    Name: Nitin G. Shanbhag
    Bimmerforums: AirDoc
    No IM's

History:
    • Auto-X's a bit in late 80's
    • SCCA/IMSA Corner Worker (early 90's....got into the races for FREE and FREE Beer!!)
    • HPDE's on and off since 1992
    • SCCA Solo I's (Chimney Rock) Mid 90's
    • IMSA SS Endurance Team (Genesis Racing - Mid 90's)
    • Ohh yeah..converted a VW Rabbit to Electric Power in College..raced it a bit...Daytona Banking at 90mph is weird in a car that makes very little noise!!
    • Instructor (Wow...I get to teach people to drive like me.....scary)
    Favorite Track: Road Atlanta !!....the dip was a crazy thing..
    Last edited by AirDoc; 04-05-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    Nitin G. Shanbhag
    BMWCCA #101510
    87 951, 88 M3 2.5, 88 E30 S52 Project, 95 M3/2 Slicktop, 96 E36 "TrackBeater", 97 M3/4 Slicktop, 97 TJ, 98 M3/4 Daily, 00 F150 7700
    E36 TrackBeater Project Thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=884145

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast