Thread: B&B test pipe

My Cars
    95 318ic 98 M3 saloon

B&B test pipe

Anybody know anything about the B&B test pipe. I've done a search and I guess it's the midpipe just like the AA trackpipe without the resontaor. Does anybody have any pictures of it?

My Cars
    '95 M3, '04 Titan, '91 Spec Miata
    I have been searching bimmerforums for an hour looking for an answer to the same question. Anybody out there know anything at all about the B&B test pipe? I have a stromung exhaust on the '95 M3 I just bought to as a track car, and would like a little racier exhuast sound without removing the Stromung. I have read tons of posts on the AA track pipe but can't find anyting on the B&B. BTW, I don't have emissions testing and I like the smell of raw gas

Quote Originally Posted by Racer01
    I don't have emissions testing
    Yet, that is. They are threatening, since we've missed air quality standards for a couple of years now.
    '95 M3 S54 Track Toy
    '19 X5 40i M-Sport
    '16 Cayman GT4
    ‘23 GR Corolla

My Cars
    emissions testing would really shoot a hole in my plans of a rotary powered M3 I can't believe nobody has seen, heard, bought, or stolen a B&B test pipe. I don't want to be the guinnea pig.

My Cars
    Lots.
    I would love someone to try it....

http://www.proficientperformance.com...&Store_Code=PP

As you say, it is essentially a straight pipe. Kind of expensive for a piece of pipe...
    915whp '98 M3 Sedan /// 37k Mile '95 M3

My Cars
    E36 M3 coupe
    I talked to b&b about there test pie and they told me its no a bolt on kit so get ready to weld it in there.

edit---That one in the pic looks like it would be a bolt on so maybe they have a newer pipe out

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    What a joke, you might as well go to the muffler shop and save yourself a couple hundred dollars, especially since it's not even a bolt on. I couldn't justify spending nearly 400 bucks for a pair of stainless pipes with some nice bends in them.

My Cars
    BMW e36 320i
    how well does this improve power?
    Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
    -Projecttechnik.com

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I have the midpipe off the borla race system. There is no resinator. It just collects right at the beginning. Im guessing the would produce similar results as the B&B. Mine sounds real good. I have an AA Gen 3 catback. It is also bold on. You might look around for a used one. Most people call it the 1st generation Turner Track pipe.

My Cars
    BMW e36 320i
    gains???
    how does this mod compared to gains of a crank pulley? less? more?
    Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
    -Projecttechnik.com

My Cars
    1996 M3
    what if you went to a muffler place and had them make a 2.5 inch pipe from the headers ----to the back of the car, i know it would be loud, but would it be any good..? just a thought

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis10
    what if you went to a muffler place and had them make a 2.5 inch pipe from the headers ----to the back of the car, i know it would be loud, but would it be any good..? just a thought
    No muffler at all. It would be hellashious. I dont even think thats an option for a street car. As just a mid pipe its not that loud as thats pretty much all my trackpipe is.

My Cars
    I am going to call B&B directly today at work. I can't believe that at >$350 this thing wouldn't be a bolt on application...I have been wrong before. Hopefully they have some pics they can share with us, since it seems nobody has seen one of these elusive little creatures.

My Cars
    I called B&B directly today and asked about the cat delete pipe they have on thier website. I was basically told that it was not made anymore, but used to be a weld in application that was not particularly sucessful. Guess that explains the lack of information out there about it.
    Too bad turner doesn't sell just the midpipe from the borla race system. Heck I wish they still sold the whole system...it only cost a few bucks more than the AA track pipe

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0si TiAg
    So.... Looks like you will have to learn how to bend metal for yourself. Now we know why AA can charge big $ for a straight pipe - no competition!

Jeff
    2006 Z4 3.0 si
    6 spd

2004 325i auto (DD). GONE.

2013 Honda Ridgeline