Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technique Tuning Turbo kis .VS Boostlogic Turbo Kit

My Cars
    95 BMW M3,01 AUDI S4

Technique Tuning Turbo kis .VS Boostlogic Turbo Kit

Hello, I was planing on buying the TT turbo kit this spring for $6800 @350 RWHP w/3" Exhaust system but know Im not so sure. Boostlogic kit is $7999 @407 RWHP. Their is only a $1,200 diff. So rights know Im not so sure any more. Boostlogic looks real good materials they use and .....

what do u guys think is the best.?

My Cars
    328i turbo
    They both are great kits.Boost logic will definitly get you more HP but the Techniqe tunning will be very reliable and tune perfectly.If you just want around 400rwhp wait for TT stage 2 ask nick if its out yet not sure.If you are looking to have close to 500 rwhp in the future boost logic is the way.
    So like everything else in life there is no easy answer.
    996WHP 2.8 and going nowhere fast
    . e36 4Dr with A/C and leather seats in U.S.
    www.bmwturbo328.com 9.93@152.6

My Cars
    04 QC dodge ram
    Nick's kit is only rated at 350whp? is the kit that is on Boris's car and the Dakar 95 the future stg2 kit than? because if i remember right both of those cars were getting about 400whp at 8-9psi.

Tom

My Cars
    328i turbo
    Boris has the stage 1 and has around 350 rwhp not sure about dakar 95
    I dont believe the stage 2 is out yet but this will be a nice kit and like I said
    you know the tunning will be perfect.
    996WHP 2.8 and going nowhere fast
    . e36 4Dr with A/C and leather seats in U.S.
    www.bmwturbo328.com 9.93@152.6

My Cars
    98' M3
    Just wait for the TT stage 2 kit. You'll see some results very soon..

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded M3
    It should be good for 420-430 rwhp 13psi to 1 bar boost, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded M3
    Have they sorted out your tuning so that your car can run on CA 91 octane yet? If so, any dynos on 91 octance?

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    BoostLogic seems like the best choice. At 9 PSI it made 407. I see no reason to run that low of boost though. You're looking at closer to 500 for daily driving.

My Cars
    98' M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 96cosmosM3
    Have they sorted out your tuning so that your car can run on CA 91 octane yet? If so, any dynos on 91 octance?
    I've always been using 91. The only dyno I have is what's posted in the Dyno section. However, I'll have a new dyno soon...

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy
    BoostLogic seems like the best choice. At 9 PSI it made 407. I see no reason to run that low of boost though. You're looking at closer to 500 for daily driving.
    No offense, but that's because of their choice of turbo. Eric has also made over 400rwhp on ~8.4psi, but it was because he was using a larger turbine and M50 manifold (turbo was a t3/t4 60-1 with 1.06a/r I believe he made ~410rwhp).

The drivability and boost characteristics of a larger turbo are more ideal for 1/4mi track, but you'd notice a huge difference in just day to day driving on the street. I guess it depends on what you're looking for though. You can always get a larger turbo and make more power at the same boost levels (with any kit). Also, from what I've seen the Boostlogic kit doesn't come with many parts to make all the parts fit like stock.... it's just a "raw" kit... but you have to finish off the details yourself. TT kit is designed to be "OE." The ONLY thing you lose as a result of the kit is your secondary oxygen pump... everything else is relocated properly an OE looking.. the look, form and function are still OE, and you don't have to run a standalone or piggyback (unless they offer software for your '95 M3?)

Anyway, I'm not putting down the Boostlogic kit at all, but it's not fair comparison for the TT kit. It's not all about peak numbers. Fit & finish, value, tuning, "OE" factor, etc. play a role too. If you're just after numbers and don't care about anything else, then the Boostlogic kit is definitely great and it spares you the time and expense of doing it all yourself.

What are you looking for in a Turbo kit?

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Boris made some really great points. It all comes down to what you are looking for.

Will you be happy with 420-440whp?
    Will you want over 600whp?

Do you want to stick with the stock DME and have all OE functions?
    Would you rather add a piggyback or standalone?

Would you like to relax when the weather changes and when using race fuel since the stock DME does the work for you?
    Are you OK with retuning when the weather changes and for race fuel?

These are the main things to consider.
    TT S2 kit might be out sooner than you think.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    E36 M3
    get the TT, look at me im happy as hell

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris
    No offense, but that's because of their choice of turbo. Eric has also made over 400rwhp on ~8.4psi, but it was because he was using a larger turbine and M50 manifold (turbo was a t3/t4 60-1 with 1.06a/r I believe he made ~410rwhp).

The drivability and boost characteristics of a larger turbo are more ideal for 1/4mi track, but you'd notice a huge difference in just day to day driving on the street. I guess it depends on what you're looking for though. You can always get a larger turbo and make more power at the same boost levels (with any kit). Also, from what I've seen the Boostlogic kit doesn't come with many parts to make all the parts fit like stock.... it's just a "raw" kit... but you have to finish off the details yourself. TT kit is designed to be "OE." The ONLY thing you lose as a result of the kit is your secondary oxygen pump... everything else is relocated properly an OE looking.. the look, form and function are still OE, and you don't have to run a standalone or piggyback (unless they offer software for your '95 M3?)

Anyway, I'm not putting down the Boostlogic kit at all, but it's not fair comparison for the TT kit. It's not all about peak numbers. Fit & finish, value, tuning, "OE" factor, etc. play a role too. If you're just after numbers and don't care about anything else, then the Boostlogic kit is definitely great and it spares you the time and expense of doing it all yourself.

What are you looking for in a Turbo kit?

Boris
    No offense taken, I agree for the mostpart. What do you mean by the BL kit being raw? It's a complete kit.

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    No offense taken, I agree for the mostpart. What do you mean by the BL kit being raw? It's a complete kit.
    The Technique Tuning kit is a great product for the price. The boostlogic kit will definetly make more power once tuned. 2 very diferent kits. 1 for everyday modest power, and the other for brute all out power capabilities, different hardware in both (Different Strokes for different folks). Both very well designed.

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by eurotekm3
    Hello, I was planing on buying the TT turbo kit this spring for $6800 @350 RWHP w/3" Exhaust system but know Im not so sure. Boostlogic kit is $7999 @407 RWHP. Their is only a $1,200 diff. So rights know Im not so sure any more. Boostlogic looks real good materials they use and .....

what do u guys think is the best.?
    I usually don’t like to talk in absolutes, so I’ll say what I always say.
    The “best kit” doesn’t exist.

The real question is, what is the best kit for what you want or what you need.

Do the research and make a list of what you think is important in terms of hardware, software, and upgradability. Also, don’t just look at peak hp or peak tq numbers. First you have to determine what kind or style of driving you want to do and what kind of power band serves you the best. This might mean you get a twin-screw supercharger., or it might mean you want a turbo kit. If you want a turbo, you have to decide what kind of power band you want and choose the appropriate kit that has the turbo you want.

I don’t think that comparing the Technique Tuning Stage 1 kit vs. the Boostlogic kit is a valid comparison.

The BL kit is running 8.5:1 compression with up to 14.7 psi on pump gas
    The TT Kit is 10.5:1 compression with up to 8psi on pump gas.

When the Technique Tuning Stage 2 kits becomes available, that would be a better comparison. I believe TT stage 2 will have 9.0:1 compression with up to 12-14psi.

Also, i'm not clear on BL's software:

OBD-1 3.0L s50 m3
    will they use reprogrammed dme's?

OBD-2 3.2L s52 m3
    Converted to OBD-1 with Greddy E-manage.
    For anyone who needs to have their car inspected in a state that hooks up their car to the obd-2 port, it's my understanding that you will fail?

Also, we could get into programming done via OEM ecu vs piggyback but that's another thread

i love the hardware of the BL Kit, but would want to know more about the software solution they are offering.

Rukman

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    I'm keeping my OBD2 with the BL kit and am planning to run the AEM EMS for software.

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    I'm keeping my OBD2 with the BL kit and am planning to run the AEM EMS for software.
    I know your getting one of the first BL kits.
    Is the AEM unit going to be offered as an alternative to the Greddy E-manage?

I suppose as the BL kit gets closer to completion the software options they will package with the kit will become clearer.

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    I'm not sure what they're doing in terms of software options.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    I'm planning to run the AEM EMS for software.
    I'm not sure what they're doing in terms of software options.

I am thinking that you meant you are using the AEM-EMS in your setup, but you don't know what BL is planning for the rest of the customers.

Although...if you are keeping OBDII...what exactly does that mean if you are adding a programmable ECU?

Yes, it does make the decision a little difficult since there really isn't any other evidence to look at other than what Moadster accomplished with OBDI & E-Manage. It will be very interesting what other tuning options come alive with BL.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Yes, that is what I meant. I don't know what they're planning for other customers. I'm not just going with their standard kit. I'm having the motor completely built and am going with a T67 instead of the T61 that moadster is using. I am using all of their hardware though.

My Cars
    1995 M3 LTW
    Yes, that is what I meant. I don't know what they're planning for other customers. I'm not just going with their standard kit. I'm having the motor completely built and am going with a T67 instead of the T61 that moadster is using. I am using all of their hardware though.
    Saw your car the other day... the nose looks a little light...

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-N-Austin
    Saw your car the other day... the nose looks a little light...
    Yeah, looks kind of rallyish right now.

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Just some clarification- The TT kit at $6800 does not include the 3" turboback exhaust. Figure at least a grand for a stainless steel 3" turbo back, making the cost of the kit at least $7800+ shipping. And the boost logic kit- if you are OBDII, the cost of the kit does not include the OBDI conversion, which from what I've seen, costs about a grand if done right, making that kit $9999 (using their regular pricing, not the special pre-order price of $7999).
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVANT123
    Just some clarification- The TT kit at $6800 does not include the 3" turboback exhaust. Figure at least a grand for a stainless steel 3" turbo back, making the cost of the kit at least $7800+ shipping. And the boost logic kit- if you are OBDII, the cost of the kit does not include the OBDI conversion, which from what I've seen, costs about a grand if done right, making that kit $9999 (using their regular pricing, not the special pre-order price of $7999).
    According to BoostLogic, their kit doesn't include:
    1) turboback exhaust either
    2) boost controller, just like TT

Following is from their website:

The kit is finalized and these are the pieces included in the bolt on turbo kit.

* Boost Logic Ceramic Coated T4 321SS Tubular Manifold
    * T61 T04E Turbo .58 A/R 3" Vband Outlet
    * 3" Polished Stainless Steel 304 Downpipe
    * 3" Polished Stainless Steel 304 Midpipe
    * HKS 40mm Wastegate
    * A/N Oil feed and return Kit
    * 70gph Oil Scavenge Pump
    * Boost Logic Aluminum Oil tank for scavenge Pump
    * Boost Logic Front Mount Intercooler Kit(Rated to 650RWHP)
    * HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
    * 3" Aluminum Intake Pipe
    * 3" K&N Filter
    * Upgraded 42lb Injectors x 6
    * Boost Logic Remapped ECU Chip
    * Boost Logic Recalibrated High Flow MAF
    * ARP Head Studs
    * Boost Logic Head Gasket

Attn: Pricing may change

Retail price: $8999

What exactly comes with the TT kit? No parts list specifed on the website.
    Looks like the boost logic kit is a better deal since you get stainless pipes, better manifold, bigger/better wastegate, arp bolts and head gasket. I'm sure they can provide a small turbo for customers that want to trade hp for a faster spooling turbo.

What will the TT stage 2 kit contain? Maybe that will be a better comparison to the bostlogic kit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast