Thread: European Car Project M3

My Cars
    M3 Evo 3.2 (Euro)

European Car Project M3

I'm not sure if anyone else has followed the Project M3 series as featured in European Car Magazine.

On part2, they covered the installation of new brakes. The chosen brakes were the Stoptech front and rear sets.

However, in the June edition, if you look at the photos of the car, the brakes installed are actually brembos front and rear.

Has anyone noticed that?
    96 M3 Evo 3.2(Euro) 321 bhp,6 Spd. You name the mod, I probably have it this side of forced induction.

My Cars
    No Car
    probably changed b/c they were offered money or something.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Interesting... I noticed that too, but I thought I missed an issue where they might have covered the upgrade.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    No M3 project car for July???
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    No Car
    Aus - is the magazine out yet??

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is Touring Car, 2004 Dodge Ram

Re: European Car Project M3

Originally posted by jumpman
    I'm not sure if anyone else has followed the Project M3 series as featured in European Car Magazine.

On part2, they covered the installation of new brakes. The chosen brakes were the Stoptech front and rear sets.

However, in the June edition, if you look at the photos of the car, the brakes installed are actually brembos front and rear.

Has anyone noticed that?
    Stoptech doesn't make rear kits, only front kits.

The rotors were changed in the rear from stock rotors to a slotted set from BMP Design (I'd have to dig up the article...).

Pat
    Specializing in High Performance European Motorsports.

www.teutonic.ca

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

Re: Re: European Car Project M3

Originally posted by Bad-Karma

Stoptech doesn't make rear kits, only front kits.

The rotors were changed in the rear from stock rotors to a slotted set from BMP Design (I'd have to dig up the article...).

Pat

The brake upgrade issue was definately Stoptech front, with a rotor upgrade rear. The latest issue with the splitter, Mashaw wing, and hints about a new forged short block, you can clearly see the Brembo brake upgrades front and rear. Wonder why the change?

BTW, AP makes a bolt-on rear caliper (no adapter needed), using the stock rotor.

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Originally posted by SupaBimma
    Aus - is the magazine out yet??
    I got it a couple days ago. It has the S4 with bigger turbos and Boxster with Boxster S brakes but no E36 M3.

It also has a 3 tuned 996TT, some with 550HP+
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    E46M3 SWC, E90325 GAC, E36 ITS, 04 2500HD
    Yep, the car has Brembos now. Pablo was looking to upgrade to a 14" kit with all his new HP, so he went Brembo front and rear kits. Says he liked the Stoptech but needed a bigger kit and a matching rear set but Stoptech didn't have one, so he went Brembo.
    Rob Birkhead | Principal

My Cars
    '95 M3, '91 Miata, '05 SV650S
    I believe the M3 articles are on hold or maybe gone forever. In case you missed it, they blew up the motor running to much boost on 91 octane. There was talk of continuing with a fully built motor, but that remains to be seen....

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Originally posted by RogRacer
    I believe the M3 articles are on hold or maybe gone forever. In case you missed it, they blew up the motor running to much boost on 91 octane. There was talk of continuing with a fully built motor, but that remains to be seen....
    It will continue...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '98 M3/4, '88 M3, '88 M6
    The car's running with the new engine. I last saw it weeks ago in Santa Barbara at the Bimmerfest. You gotta realize that those articles are months behind what's going on now!