Thread: Help on where to buy plugs and wires...

My Cars
    98 540i

Help on where to buy plugs and wires...

I did a search on the board about what/where to buy, but never got a definate answer.

Right now, I am looking at either getting NGK or Bosch...+2 on either. I can pick them up at the local Auto Junk (Zone) or what not. Any other suggestions what/where to buy?

For the wires (ignition coils), I get lost. Some people say to get the Bosch from Auto Junk (Zone), and some say get OEM. I saw the ones from www.irelandengineering.com but the link doesnt work.

I thought I'd ask fellow 5'ers their opinion rather than a broad feild of owners. Thanks for the help!

My Cars
    '90 525i, '90 735i, '01 Z3 3.0 (GONE!); 2003 530i

Plugs/Wires?

Spark Plugs: Go to your owner's manual and see what the factory engineers recommend. BUY THOSE! There's a reason why the factory recommends these plugs and you can't go wrong!

Wires?? You don't have any! There is an individual coil sitting on top of each spark plug, direct connection, no wires. No need to replace all coils. If there's a problem, replace that coil only.

My Cars
    07 Montego Blau E91 6 Speed
    You either have Bosch or NGK, the only way to make sure is to pull one out and see. Also replace the boots that go between the coil and the plug.
    www.eap4parts.com
    "Once You Go BMW You Never Go Back"
    Tom S.

My Cars
    04' 330 zhp sedan
    This is JLMann82...Thanks guys.