Thread: Intake Plenum Gasket Dilemma

My Cars
    '78 320is 83 320i R.I.P.

Intake Plenum Gasket Dilemma

What a fiasco! All this time I thought my head was bad on my '78 2.0 and I was just gettin ready to pull it but wanted to do a compression test on the bottom end and low and behold I found a major leak in the runner-to-plenum intake manifold gasket for cylinder #2. So I go to buy a new set of gaskets and this is what I get.

Problem? The bolt holes don't line up well and my plenum ports are round. Thus if even the bolt holed DID match my airflow would be restricted. I've been all over the net to tons of parts websites and they all have this type of gasket.

Now Bavarian auto is the ONLY one so far to have this one that I need but I don't want to wait 3-4 days to get em. They're only $1.69 each but the dang dealer wants $10 apiece!!!! So anyone know of any other places to get this type of gasket? I guess in closing this should be a heads-up to you guys who have the same manifold runner plenums as I do to be aware that finding sources to getting these gaskets may be limited. This is just crazy!!

Thanks guys!

Should be up & runnin wild in no time now!!!

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    thanks for the info. Go to your local auto parts store and buy gasket material (it comes in a roll, same material as stock) and using the old gasket, trace it into the gasket material and cut out new ones, should be a lot cheaper than the Stealer, and you can have them in the spot...
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    I would do the same as Pat suggest.

My Cars
    '78 320is 83 320i R.I.P.
    Hey Thanks Yonkers and mr. B! I was actually comtemplating that. Now that the decision in unanimous. I'll do it!!! Makes perfect sense to me!

Thanks fellas! You guys rocks!