Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: problems installing stealths

problems installing stealths

hi all,

I tried installing some stealths into my E36 coupe this past weekend and had some problems.

first of all, it seemed like the holes would NOT line up. my friend and I sat there for an hour and tried to screw them in and it would just not line up. Whether they wouldn't line up horizontally or veritcally, it didn't look hopeful. I mean, i expected these things to come out of the box, line up, sit flush against the hole and get screwed right in.

has anyone had this problem? had anyone had to modify the holes on their car or on the stealths for this to work? it bothers me how i was not able to do this, and I didn't think i was screwing up or anything.

after moving some carpet, i was able to get one hole screwed in but the others didn't look like they would line up either. how frustrating!!

My Cars
    stuff
    pm me your phone number..i'll call u now and walk u through it...easy
    Kevin

My Cars
    325iS (Gone) //M3
    gabe...I ran into the same problem when installing the stealthboxes...What I did was fold down the seat and while my friend was pushing the stealthbox up...I used my left hand to position the stealthbox until the mounting holes seemed to *sort of* mount up. Then I screwed the side facing the front of the car first...don't screw it in all the way though...maybe screw it in halfway so you can still somewhat move the stealthbox around. Then position the other hole as best you can until you can screw it in. It takes a lot of tries...but eventually you'll get it...GOOD LUCK ...You'll love them. Also...what kind of amp are you running them with?

hey m325.

thanks for the tip. i tried something similar to that, and my friend and i were SO DAMN annoyed. i think we might try again this weekend..

i CANNOT wait to get them hooked up. i installed some JL XR's in the front and am curious as to how the whole setup will sound.

to power them, i'm gonna use a 1x400 PPI amp... i'll have to turn the gains down cuz i'm not gonna want to pump 200 into each stealth..

how are you liking ur system? i take it you like them a lot. I cannot wait dammit!! haha.

yea i had this same exact problem on tuesday night when my friend and I attempted to put them in my 4 door. i can see how you might be able to get 2 screws in (maybe; still looks like it won't work), but the third hole just looks sooo off. does anyone know if the stealthboxes fit better on cars that had the premium HK system rather than the stock system (which i have)? anyways, i can use all the help getting these things in. We were up til 2 in the morning trying to finish, ending up frustrated as hell.
    '95 Black 318i

My Cars
    stuff
    i can help with installing the stealths in both 2 door and 4 door...PM me....its tedious but not difficult...2 screws WILL line up but the third will not...
    Kevin

My Cars
    98 328i
    ya they were such a pain in the ass to install for me. "Direct Bolt-On" yeah, sorta. You will get it though. If your lucky you can fold down your seats, instead of crawling in the trunk to do it like i had to. I also had to reposition my stock amp, and cut some carpet, but you would never know.
    good luck

My Cars
    three2five
    I was informed that the stealthboxes were "supposedly" direct fit for the coupes... however for the sedans, they would take some ingenuity to be installed.

Is this correct?
    Vagina- The box a pen!s comes in.

hey kevin,

I was going to try and install them this weekend but can't find anyone to help me, so I won't be able to give you a call. Is it cool if I take a raincheck and give you a call the weekend of the 21st?

If there's anyone in the bay area that wants a free dinner *ahem M325M =) ahem*, please let me know and your help in installing these suckers would be GREATLY appreciated.

My Cars
    325iS (Gone) //M3
    Gabe: If you're doing it next weekend, I'll be able to help you out. I have finals this week until Friday so if you can wait until then I'd be more than happy to help you out.

My Cars
    stuff
    no problem..
    lemme know if u need help...
    foR:
    i put them in my sedan without drilling any holes...the stock amp must be relocated and thats it.....
    Kevin

M325M and Kevin7909,

you guys rock. thank you SO much for the offers. I'll PM both you guys during the week to set something up. really really appreciate it. i can't wait to get these suckas in!

on a side note, googguys said they'd charge me 100 bucks to install this and some independent store said they needed to take off all your panel to install these and it would be 150 bucks. da hell!!

thanks again guys!

My Cars
    stuff
    anytime....but remember i can only help on the phone/here as i live in TX....i think M325M will get u set up tho....i will be more than happy to call tho!!!!
    Kevin

ok spent a few hours today with a couple friends and they're finally in! we drilled holes through the fiberglass and used 2 screws to get it in. Then we had to fill some of the gap with some fabric. DAAAMNNN stealths are sweet! I'm getting a whole lot more knock than i thought, and it sounds clean. finally all that money spent paid off. gabe, you will be so happy when you get them in, they're so awesome.
    '95 Black 318i

My Cars
    stuff
    please no one else drill any holes...u do not need to....if u do then u will have to put filler in as fujiorange did....glad they work tho....
    Kevin