Thread: Any tips for Weber 40 Dcoe Install?

My Cars
    BMW 2002

Any tips for Weber 40 Dcoe Install?

Im going to switch gaskets etc. this weekend and upcoming week and start the actual install over Feburary break(One week from now). Anybody have a walk through or anything they could post up? I need to figure out what Im going to do about the hoses etc., and other stuff, so just post up anything you can.

Thanks Alot
    Will

P.S; Other info: Ti manifolds and I need to get a choke cable...

My Cars
    1974 BMW 2002, 1987 BMW 328is Turbo, 1987 325 4dr
    I would recomend that you get your timing perfect before you remove your carb to help the tuning of your carbs. Timing makes a HUGE difference after you install a DCOE carb. Take the time to do it right, don't rush or you will regret it.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 328is Turbo, '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

My Cars
    76 2002, 03 330 'Vert
    As far as getting the timing done before you install them, I wouldn't worry about it because if I remember correctly you are upgrading to these. Either way you are going to have to spend a good bit of time getting the tuning straightened out.

I agree take your time and make sure everything is lined up. Dual webers can be hard to syncronize depending on the manifold and I can't remember what the ti manifold looked like. It's been a while since I had to rework the plumming issues so I can't remember how I got around it. I don't have a choke on my car, and I'm not sure if you need one. I'll take a look at the car tomorrow and tell you what you need to do. If you have any more questions about the installation let me know.

What kind of linkage do you have?

My Cars
    73tii, 71,73 bavaria, 75 e250 van, 71 volvo 145s
    what about rubber shock mounts? i know they are recommended for triple sidedraft setups to prevent the gas from bubbling up do to vibration...what about duals?

regards, jeff

My Cars
    76 2002, 03 330 'Vert
    What rubber shock mounts are you talking about. My front shock mounts have rubber at the top of them. I haven't had any problems with gas bubbling up from vibration and my car vibrates a lot, thanks to my supsension setup.

My Cars
    73tii, 71,73 bavaria, 75 e250 van, 71 volvo 145s
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif E. Bronn
    What rubber shock mounts are you talking about. My front shock mounts have rubber at the top of them. I haven't had any problems with gas bubbling up from vibration and my car vibrates a lot, thanks to my supsension setup.
    it's like a rubber gasket that goes between the carb and the manifold, about a quarter of inch think i think, maybe less. i found this out from researching for a triple weber install on my bavaria...never happened however.

regards, jeff

My Cars
    76 2002, 03 330 'Vert
    Ok, I know what you are talking about, but I never heard of them being used for that.

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    They are called "soft mounts" they are essentially o-rings sthat get sandwiched between the carb and manifold. The general consensus is that they suck. They are very prone to leakage.

My Cars
    2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3,
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002maniac
    They are called "soft mounts" they are essentially o-rings sthat get sandwiched between the carb and manifold. The general consensus is that they suck. They are very prone to leakage.
    My Bav had the late model Korman kit on it, and I think it had some sort of isolators that you can see in the pic below. I just can't remember, even though I did the install, since it was in 1986 -- just too long ago to recall the details. However, the kit was flawless in operation. I tracked the car very hard many times and drove perhaps 70,000 miles in the ensuing 8 years with zero problems before I sold it in 1994 (mistake ).

Current stable:
    2019 M2 Competition, slicktop, 6MT, LBB
    2011.5 M3 sedan slicktop, 6MT, Silverstone II
    2007 328i wagon Silver/gray
    1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner

My Cars
    1978 318 e21
    this thread is pretty old but did you end up doing the dule 40's? I just traded for a 1978 318 with this set up. although it runs its not jetted correctly and I dont konw if all the vacume lines were done correctly. any help would be grate photos are also amazing