Thread: Im welding reinforcement plates in the rear Subframe. One question first.

frosty3777 is offline Awaiting Email Verification
    My Cars
    e36

Im welding reinforcement plates in the rear Subframe. One question first.

Hi. I have pulled out my differential and the subframe to find that the bolts for the subframe have ripped a huge hole in my chassis. I have been hearing a squeek for a while now in the rear and now know why. SO, I have my buddy who is a structural welder weld in those later model m3 reinforcement plates, but want to know if i should weld in that piece that was torn before i weld the plates. If somebody has done this before, please let me know. Also, anything else to look out for would be appreciated. I have a nice writeup on this with lots of pics that i will post as soon as i am done. THanks
    SAm

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    I would make everything look like it was from factory before welding the reinforcement plates. Just to be in the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    '07 FJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Daved
    I would make everything look like it was from factory before welding the reinforcement plates. Just to be in the safe side.

frosty3777 is offline Awaiting Email Verification
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Daved

thanks
    will do

My Cars
    '07 FJ
    keep us updated and post any pictures you can take along the way.