Thread: HPDE Brake Pads- SBS ProTrack or Satisfied GranSport 5 any good?

My Cars
    02 M3 SMG, 92 MBZ 500E

HPDE Brake Pads- SBS ProTrack or Satisfied GranSport 5 any good?

Hi,

I was looking at track pads for some upcoming HPDE's, and noticed a few pads Tire Rack was carrying which I have not heard discussed on here. The SBS ProTrack and Satisfied GranSport both are priced attractively, but I don't want to regret the purchase at the first session of a long weekend, so I wondered if anyone here had any experience with them. I have read thru the "official brake pad thread" and I know the usual suspects, but thought there might be something new under the sun.

Thanks!
    Brian Flanagan
    Fastech Motorsports, LLC
    Usually Sideways

My Cars
    02 M3 SMG, 92 MBZ 500E
    Has anybody ever heard of either of these???
    Brian Flanagan
    Fastech Motorsports, LLC
    Usually Sideways

My Cars
    76 2002 "tii"
    I've been seeing the Satisfied on Sports Car Revolution. I was wondering the same thing.
    Kyle Burkhardt
    NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director
    76 2002 "tii"
    14 Mustang GT Track Pack

My Cars
    '87 325i race car
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastech
    Has anybody ever heard of either of these???
    apparently not

btw, I've know how you drive and IMO you'd be better off with a set of real race pads than some pseudo-race crap.

Carbotech XP9s are somewhat streetable and perform in the same ballpark as Hawk HT10s which aren't. Other than that either would be a good choice for you and your car.

My Cars
    02 M3 SMG, 92 MBZ 500E
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelG
    apparently not

btw, I've know how you drive and IMO you'd be better off with a set of real race pads than some pseudo-race crap.

Carbotech XP9s are somewhat streetable and perform in the same ballpark as Hawk HT10s which aren't. Other than that either would be a good choice for you and your car.
    Ouch... BUSTED!!!

So I might be a LITTLE hard on the stuff... Haven't run a 325 (E36) on track yet, so I'm not sure what to expect... The WRX worked well on Hawk HPS, and the ol' 95 M3 worked on EBC RedStuff, but it had MUCHO better brakes all around. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had looked at some new possibilities. Nuttin' wrong with that, right?

Shame there's no National Tour A/X in DC this year. Had a ball there last year! Oh well.

Thanks for the input!
    Brian Flanagan
    Fastech Motorsports, LLC
    Usually Sideways