Thread: E36 click or clack over bumps sometimes not always and sometimes turning right only

My Cars
    1998 BMW E36 323iS

E36 click or clack over bumps sometimes not always and sometimes turning right only

It first started off really bad when turning right it was a binding type click when turning right and did it multiple times when turning. I replaced the right cv axle and it helped a little then it came back and replaced left one as well that helped a lot also replaced both end links. After that it didn’t do it as loud or often when turning but was still there. I checked for bad bearings and nothing seemed wrong. I’ve replaced the diff bushings with stiffer ones so there should be less play. After getting coilovers and installing them it got even better but now it was mostly over speed bumps and felt like it went from being in right front to right rear. So I got it alligned and ended up having to replace seized tire rods as well. So now the present it usually is when I first drive my car around in the cold and happens over speed humps on right side and when making very sharp turns it clicks maybe 2-4 times and the. Vanishes after 5-10 mins of driving turning. Only suspects to me could be rtabs which I have poly replacements I can swap in don’t want to mess up alignment though or front control arms and ball joint possibly.

My Cars
    99 M3
    LSD? Could be the clutch disks slipping and grabbing when turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 BMW E36 323iS
    Quote Originally Posted by bluptgm3 View Post
    LSD? Could be the clutch disks slipping and grabbing when turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Possibly but I think it may be due to the exhaust having a broken stud where the manifold connects to the pipes that go to the cat since it does it when car is going uphill turning right, going over bumps and turning right. That’s only thing broken that could be clicking a little and making a creaking noise like swaying. I want to fix it anyways and get my muffler replaced with a magnaflow one so I’m going to try that next.