Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: clock light out or not working?

My Cars
    M3

clock light out or not working?

Not sure if this is the right place this post this...
    Ok, I searched and read couple threads about changing the bulb behind the OBC. CAR: 97 M3/4

Thread: http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showt...t=clock+display

QUOTE:

"""I just replaced my OBC Clock light, and would like to share the DIY, although it is incredibly quick and easy. Your local BMW dealership should have these light bulbs in stock - they cost anywhere between $3 to $5 ( if you are a BMWCCA Member, you get as much as 25% off ). See the 1st attached image for part # info.

Here's the info and pictures:

1. Remove the Multi-Function Display by putting your hand into the glass holder below, inserting your fingers through the hole on top of the holder, and pushing the Multi-Function Display forward until it pops out. ( detailed images and pics also at http://www.macadamizer.com/bmwfix.html )

2. Once the MFD is hanging out, locate the bulb that is burnt ( there should be 4 of them - the one corresponding to the clock is the right-hand-side one ).

3. With a small flathead screwdriver, twist counterclockwise by half a turn and remove the bulb. Insert the new one and twist clockwise by half a turn.

4. Push the MFD back into place.

You are done ""

AFTER I GOT THE MFD OUT, I PUT ONE OF THE WORKING BULBS INTO THE CLOCK SLOT BUT STILL NO LIGHT. TRY ANOTHER WORKING BULB STILL NO LIGHT.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELECTRICAL PROBLEM I'M HAVING?

ANY ADVICE OR INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED, THANKS.

My Cars
    M3
    Any info out there. Help!