Thread: Actually, this forum should be "MINI"

Ausgang Guest
    According to BMW, these cars are "MINI" in all caps. As it's a proper name, they can do what they like --- so the title of this forum needs a touch of cleaning up.

Have to admit after sitting in the MINIs BMWNA had at the NY Auto Show ---- it would be a cool 2nd car. PLENTY of legroom for tall drivers. In fact, the seat goes all the way back to touch the rear sit if you want to.

Styling is much better in person than it was on the Minis I owned in the past. Not so square.

I'll post my pics from the NYC Show when I get a chance.

My Cars
    03 Evo
    I really like the new MINI, should be a great car to drive around. I want mine Supercharged though, there's just something addicting about boost
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    '97 Eurosport TS M3 - Sold
    [Track Videos]

Ausgang, how did the interior feel? Was it cheap feeling and loaded with plastic or did it seem more upscale? Any news on an official release date? All I've seen has been spring/summer 2002...my local dealer is clueless also. Did they have a Cooper S there or just base models? I'm on a waitlist for a Cooper S, but who knows when my dealer is going to get the new showroom built.

<font size=2>US E36 ///M3 FAQ</font><font size=1> v.20 (Recommended for Newbies)</font>
    <font size=1 color=red>eurospeed</font>

Ausgang Guest

The MINIs at the NYC Show

Eurospeed,

I thought the interior felt pretty nice ---- for a car that's going to positioned on the lower end of BMW's offering. (Even below the forthcoming 1-series.)

That may sound like a criticism, but in the 5 or so minutes we had to check it out --- the quality seemed pretty darn good --- certainly compared to the last Mini I owned when I lived in Britain. It was an '86 and wasn't this nice. I like the gauges and door handles. Some may not.

OC, the styling is something you'll either like or not like. It's not gawd-awful like the IS300, but it is retro-curvy.
    I'll say this ---- it is definately nicer in person than the pics I've seen in the press.

I'll post my pics from the show later as soon as I finish this project I'm working on for a big client.

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus
    Thanks for the information Ausgang. We will make that change to all caps; "MINI".

Bob ///M3

Originally posted by Ausgang
    According to BMW, these cars are "MINI" in all caps. As it's a proper name, they can do what they like --- so the title of this forum needs a touch of cleaning up.

Have to admit after sitting in the MINIs BMWNA had at the NY Auto Show ---- it would be a cool 2nd car. PLENTY of legroom for tall drivers. In fact, the seat goes all the way back to touch the rear sit if you want to.

Styling is much better in person than it was on the Minis I owned in the past. Not so square.

I'll post my pics from the NYC Show when I get a chance.