Thread: UUC Tranny mounts - which once(black/red)? tearing problem?

My Cars
    Jeep ZJ, 95M3

UUC Tranny mounts - which once(black/red)? tearing problem?

OKay.. no don't jump on me all at once. i realized this has been covered many times, but due to some new info that i read here, i feel this topic should be brought back up. I recently read some posts where people were saying their red tranny mounts were tearing. *** i cant seem to find that post now***

As far as i understand there are 4 choices:
    black
    black w TMEs
    red
    red with TMEs

Can the people that had their red tmes chime in?

Are the Black mounts w TMEs comparable to the Red without TME's? Are the red's without TMEs good enough and would the added TMEs bring more potential cabin noise/vibration?
    If my M is moslty street car with a few track events a year, which should i mostly use.

Now i drive the car prety hard on the street (as it's a weekend car and i miss the thrill during the week) and notice the very sloppy tranny movement when trying to shift while leaning in a turn... i came pretty close to $$$ shifting several times and other times couldnt get the car in to lower gear at all due to tranny movement.
    Mods: Eibach Sways, xbrace, JC chip, jtd underpanel, ssk

My Cars
    I have the red TMEs. There was an increase in NVH around 1900rpm or so which can be fine tuned by adjusting the nuts on top. They require 16ftlbs, but its impossible to get a torque wrench up there so you have to guess by trial and error. The increase wasnt real bad. Noticable but not obnoxious. With another adjustment I can probably eliminate it.

I havn't tried the black w/ TMEs, but I love the improvement from the Red TMEs. No moneyshifting worries when shifting spiritedly when the trans would normally move.

My Cars
    97 M3 RIP / 2007 M6
    I know when I get them I will get TMEs. But I woudl like to know teh difference between red & black. I just want whichever one is stronger. I won't mind NVH(can't member exact acronym, I asked a few days ago...I think noise vibration heard or sumptin) I know it means sumptin about noise inside, but I just want the stronger TMEs, I don't want to worry about $$$ shifting. I almost did it and it scared me.
    -Chaz
    My SSK Faq (primarily e36 M3)

Don't PM Me. My box is way overfilled from when I was a mod. Email me if you have to get a hold of me.

My Cars
    '98 Cosmos M3
    I have the Black w/ TME's and there is no added NVH(Noise, Vibration, Harshness)
    I track my car as often as I can and never(knock on wood) got close to money shifting. The supposed increase in NVH w/ the red ones is what prevented me from getting them.

My Cars
    97 M3 RIP / 2007 M6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    I have the Black w/ TME's and there is no added NVH(Noise, Vibration, Harshness)
    I track my car as often as I can and never(knock on wood) got close to money shifting. The supposed increase in NVH w/ the red ones is what prevented me from getting them.
    Ahh I c. ALso I just looked on understeer and they say red/track or black/street when you buy them. Hehe that woudl've been easier for me to look at. hehe. But so Black ones w/ TMEs are still pretty stiff none the less?

Also thanks for telling me what the acronym was.
    -Chaz
    My SSK Faq (primarily e36 M3)

Don't PM Me. My box is way overfilled from when I was a mod. Email me if you have to get a hold of me.

My Cars
    99 M3
    I've had the Reds with TME's on my car for over a year now. I've been really happy with them and didnt notice any tearing as I checked them a couple of months ago during my ssk install. I did notice a little more vibration in the lower gears at first but dont notice a thing anymore since I guess i'm used to it. I would just go for the REDs/TME's for a track/street car. It def made things a little stiffer.

There is no extra noise or harshness I just noticed some more vibration at first.

My Cars
    red poopbox
    Quote Originally Posted by hinzm3
    I would just go for the REDs/TME's for a track/street car. It def made things a little stiffer.
    thats waht i'm doing

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's