RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 328 Engine Dying

Angry 328 Engine Dying

Hi there- this is my first post so please be nice!

I drive a 1997 328i 4 door and am having a couple of problems with it stalling over the last few days. It's due for it's Oil Service and the orange light has come on so yesterday I topped up the oil as it can't be serviced till Wednesday.

Since the light has been on the car has stalled 3 times on the approach to roundabouts & traffic lights- no problem I thought as no great danger when rolling to a halt. But today when I pulled out to overtake a slowcoach in a biege Fiesta the engine stalled and I had to turn it off and on again. Pretty scary at 60mph and I thought it was only stalling at low rpm before. Any ideas??

Have purchased some injector cleaner but it needs the tank to be almost empty so won't be able to put it in for a couple of hundred miles yet.

Thanks in advance!!
    1997 RIEGER KITTED BMW 328ISE SALOON

My Cars
    8 Wheels, 12 Cylinders
    Hmm...Not sure what your problem is...Is it a sudden kill or a sputter kill?

As far as the service lights...They are just an indicator of when its a good idea to change your oil. My wife's 325is has had its yellow lights on for months, I changed the oil myself and haven't gotten around to reseting the lights..
    '87 325is - 220k
    '93 325i - 161k
    '05 G35 Sedan 6MT

RIP - '98 M3/4 66k - RIP

My Cars
    328I Sport/350Z
    Have you replaced your fuel filter lately or plugs?
    It could be various things. My car is in worse situation that yours. Mine just deicded not to start. I have replaced fuel pump, fuel pump relay . Anyways, I would suggest getting a new filter, fuel pump, plug and an O2 sensor. I know it sucks but you will probably save alot of money in comparison to the stealer. Get your parts here: http://www.bimmerparts.com

Goos Luck