Thread: Umnitza Comments...

My Cars
    2006 325i, 97 M3 for sale soon

Umnitza Comments...

This is the third screw up. Last time I ordered DEPO lights on the group buy, I sat around for three weeks and received nothing. I had to keep calling in, only to hear that after miscommunication after miscommunication within the staff that in the end, nothing was shipped. It took several phone calls from me to Matt before his shippers got out my order. He made up for it though by giving me free shipping so that was ok.

This time I just ordered DDE Enhanced on the Christmas special for my E36 m3. Nothing. No word, no package. So I called in to track down this missing package. Apparently some lucky member on this forum who ordered Depo lights got my DDE Enhanced for free due to a mix up on umnitza's ordering system.

So Matt lets his shipper know to send out a set of DDE's right away. It gets shipped out on this past friday and USPS leaves a slip at my house today. I walk to the post office, which is a good half an hour trip, and pick it up.

Just my fucking luck, E46 DDE Enhanced. No bonuses, no reimbursement for wasting my time. I just got off the phone with Matt and he's overnighting me the CORRECT E36 dde package because its confirmed that the shipper screwed up. Another waste of time to go to the post office and ship out these E46 rings to someone else and pick up the correct E36 rings for myself. "Hassle" is the operative word here.

Umnitza charges for time. I dont really enjoy long walks in the cold to the post office, I dont see any reimbursement in that. 15 bucks off an offer on HID's doesnt really help me if I'm not buying them.

I guess you can say that Matt's doing his best to resolve the mistakes of his staff, but seriously now, this isnt MY idea of "devilshly good service". I should not have to persistently call in every single day to make sure my package makes it out the door. I mean Ty Vil keeps saying how youre paying more for the service and you know exactly what youre getting, I guess its all just advertising BS since hes an umnitza rep.

What can I say. I'm pissed. I mean Matt thanks for keeping up with me and trying to patch up your staff's mistakes but I honestly expected better. You guys advertise on every lighting forum as being the "best" and what i've gotten is far from it.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by stopsign
    This is the third screw up. Last time I ordered DEPO lights on the group buy, I sat around for three weeks and received nothing. I had to keep calling in, only to hear that after miscommunication after miscommunication within the staff that in the end, nothing was shipped. It took several phone calls from me to Matt before his shippers got out my order. He made up for it though by giving me free shipping so that was ok.

This time I just ordered DDE Enhanced on the Christmas special for my E36 m3. Nothing. No word, no package. So I called in to track down this missing package. Apparently some lucky member on this forum who ordered Depo lights got my DDE Enhanced for free due to a mix up on umnitza's ordering system.

So Matt lets his shipper know to send out a set of DDE's right away. It gets shipped out on this past friday and USPS leaves a slip at my house today. I walk to the post office, which is a good half an hour trip, and pick it up.

Just my fucking luck, E46 DDE Enhanced. No bonuses, no reimbursement for wasting my time. I just got off the phone with Matt and he's overnighting me the CORRECT E36 dde package because its confirmed that the shipper screwed up. Another waste of time to go to the post office and ship out these E46 rings to someone else and pick up the correct E36 rings for myself. "Hassle" is the operative word here.

Umnitza charges for time. I dont really enjoy long walks in the cold to the post office, I dont see any reimbursement in that. 15 bucks off an offer on HID's doesnt really help me if I'm not buying them.

I guess you can say that Matt's doing his best to resolve the mistakes of his staff, but seriously now, this isnt MY idea of "devilshly good service". I should not have to persistently call in every single day to make sure my package makes it out the door. I mean Ty Vil keeps saying how youre paying more for the service and you know exactly what youre getting, I guess its all just advertising BS since hes an umnitza rep.

What can I say. I'm pissed. I mean Matt thanks for keeping up with me and trying to patch up your staff's mistakes but I honestly expected better. You guys advertise on every lighting forum as being the "best" and what i've gotten is far from it.
    I'm truly sorry for the experience.

As I communicated to you over the phone, we have:

1) given you free shipping
    2) overnighted a new product
    3) shipping you a second product free even though we don't have the first product we shipped to you.
    4) and been on the phone with you no matter what.

Jxxxx Hxx a Standard Overnight Package.

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 03JAN05.

The tracking number(s) are: 792172973491

To track this shipment online click on the following link:
    http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?trackn...&cntry_code=us

I've never told you I wouldn't compensate you for your time, but I don't understand the point of this post to some degree.

We have done everything in our power to make your life happy.

I offered to schedule a pickup for your package, you refused.
    I offered you a choice of carriers closer to you to drop off, you refused.
    I finally gave you a label of your choosing.

yes, the ball has been dropped.

For the DEPO lights, the shipper was fired.
    For the DDE, we did everything in our power.
    For the HID, we offered you a significant discount as an atonement for our sins.

Is there something else you WANT that you haven't mentioned? When you tell me you're upset on the phone, I don't have any response to that.
    if you WANT something, you have to ask.

My Cars
    325is
    I have yet to see them not react quickly in a customer service issue here . . . good job.

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    if you WANT something, you have to ask.
    So its the customer's fault.....

Seems pretty simple to me: he wants it right the first time

Is he supposed to ask for that?

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MDex
    So its the customer's fault.....

Seems pretty simple to me: he wants it right the first time

Is he supposed to ask for that?
    Maybe comprehending a lengthy response was difficult, but please understand...

He wanted ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION - based on what he has written here - he did not specify this nor did he request any specifics on what he expected for us to do.

Now is THAT clear :

My Cars
    2001 328ci 2002 altima 3.5L se
    I have been A long time customer of umnitza. I have personally ordered 15 + complete kits from him. I have never had a problem with his service. I actually have never dealt with a person so willing to help and go out of there way to resolve small issues. When a part has been needed to be replaced, or even purchasing a replacement for my own stupidity breaking a ring., He has always been very accomodating.

by far the best service I have every recieved from a vendor. I run a large Service & parts opereation at a new car dealer. I deal with many vendors. Matt is the person I have dealt with in 5yrs with no hassle service.

Seems to me, Umnitza is going far and beyond the call of duty.

Try getting money off a product or free shipping, whatever from any internet company. You might be lucky to get an email back!

Rob

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    Maybe comprehending a lengthy response was difficult, but please understand...

He wanted ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION - based on what he has written here - he did not specify this nor did he request any specifics on what he expected for us to do.

Now is THAT clear :
    Typical; strong-arming and SHOUTING. I'm plenty well read, thanks, I have no trouble understanding your common drivel.

I don't think he is asking for additional compensation; I think he is venting his frustration, which he has every right to do. Like you said, he did not ask for anything additional.

IMHO, you react to these types of threads always in the brash manner; quick to insinuate, insult, and condescend. I find it truly amazing that people still fork their money over to an organization that purports to have such outstanding service, then behaves the way you do in these threads.

========

PM responded to. - OUT
    Last edited by ///MDex; 01-03-2005 at 07:54 PM.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Sir, I don't know who you are or why you take offense, but a CAPS setup isn't always shouting, it's meant to SHOW or CLARIFY an object, not shout.

We never claimed he had no right to post, we responded to his request. Nothing more nothing less. Perhaps infering more than there is just doesn't make sense.

My Cars
    My post wasnt specifically directed towards an anti-advertising nor a insult towards you, Matt. This it the vendor comments section, and I am expressing my feelings and frustration as ///MDex said. Had everything gone smoothly, my time would be spent in an upcoming post comparing DEPO to ZKW lights as well as showing off the new DDE Enhanced that I had ordered.

rlvq35de, I believe that there are many people that have gotten great service and no screw ups. Hell, even if 99% of people that ordered from umnitza are happy, you still cannot discount that 1% that had a less than stellar experience.

I didnt bitch and moan about the first time mistake of the DDE's being shipped to the WRONG person. That's a big deal too, had I sat around for weeks waiting for the package to arrive, I would have been waiting forever for nothing. No one should have to call in to confirm that what they ordered will be shipped. Still, I shrugged it off. It was only until the second time around that I am seriously upset about it.

I did NOT ask for compensation this time, but when I was offered free shipping on the last mistake, i took it as "hey, I got my DEPO lights for 180 shipped, might have been hell but it sure was a good deal", which is usually the case with EBAY sellers. And yes, after all was said and done, I was very happy with the lights and I also wrote a very comprehensive review on them with pictures on this forum. I personally thanked you even though it was extremely difficult for me to get the package even sent out.

This time around, there were no "perks" of this(twice) mis-delivered package. My intentions werent about squeezing money out of your company. I wasnt however given "shipping cost refunded" as an option as I did with the DEPO lights. Other people paid 179+shipping for their DDE enhanced. It certainly isnt fair to me that I have to pay the 179+shipping plus numerous trips to the post office and I get mine a week late. I realize that as a company you are losing money on your shipper's mistakes, but that doesnt benefit ME in any way, and I am losing time and convenience as well.

Your response and communication to costumers is great. I have mentioned the part where you are overnighting me a second set of DDE's. Like I said, I'm not here to insult you, I just feel that I should share my experience, either good or bad(which i did very honestly with the DEPO lights in my review several months ago, praising the lights and deal I had with you) with other members of the board.

I honestly believe that the products you stand behind are great. I also believe that your pricing is extremely competitive. I plan to buy other things from you in the future, and expressing my experience with your service is part of the transaction. I understand that mistakes happen, but for a company that AGGRESSIVELY advertises on this site to convince fellow members as being the best in terms of products and service, we're also convinced that we've come to expect nothing less in terms of that.

My Cars
    LSx M3 & 2017 Touareg
    hmm... i might have to think twice about ordering from them... another fellow e36 m3 owner on this site that i have talked to in person who lives near by said it was ok but in order to install his new headlights, with allready existing dinann intake he had to cut/shave some of the headlight covering off in order for it to fit properlly.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by stopsign
    I didnt bitch and moan about the first time mistake of the DDE's being shipped to the WRONG person. That's a big deal too, had I sat around for weeks waiting for the package to arrive, I would have been waiting forever for nothing. No one should have to call in to confirm that what they ordered will be shipped. Still, I shrugged it off. It was only until the second time around that I am seriously upset about it.
    Tracking numbers are automatically inputed into the system for FedEx or USPS, they are then shipped. There is nothing further to do except use the tracking number to track the package. If the shipment isn't trackable, you either have a bad number, or you simply never got the email in the first place

I did NOT ask for compensation this time, but when I was offered free shipping on the last mistake, i took it as "hey, I got my DEPO lights for 180 shipped, might have been hell but it sure was a good deal", which is usually the case with EBAY sellers. And yes, after all was said and done, I was very happy with the lights and I also wrote a very comprehensive review on them with pictures on this forum. I personally thanked you even though it was extremely difficult for me to get the package even sent out.

We appreciated that, we just wanted to make sure both sides of the discussion were shown, no harm no foul

This time around, there were no "perks" of this(twice) mis-delivered package. My intentions werent about squeezing money out of your company.

Didn't say there were.

I wasnt however given "shipping cost refunded" as an option as I did with the DEPO lights. Other people paid 179+shipping for their DDE enhanced. It certainly isnt fair to me that I have to pay the 179+shipping plus numerous trips to the post office and I get mine a week late. I realize that as a company you are losing money on your shipper's mistakes, but that doesnt benefit ME in any way, and I am losing time and convenience as well.

You didn't ask for a refund for the shipping on this one. It was not offered. We shipped you instead a Second product and overnighted it

Your response and communication to costumers is great. I have mentioned the part where you are overnighting me a second set of DDE's. Like I said, I'm not here to insult you, I just feel that I should share my experience, either good or bad(which i did very honestly with the DEPO lights in my review several months ago, praising the lights and deal I had with you) with other members of the board.
    didn't say you were, this discussion is fine and happy, not antagonistic

I honestly believe that the products you stand behind are great. I also believe that your pricing is extremely competitive. I plan to buy other things from you in the future, and expressing my experience with your service is part of the transaction. I understand that mistakes happen, but for a company that AGGRESSIVELY advertises on this site to convince fellow members as being the best in terms of products and service, we're also convinced that we've come to expect nothing less in terms of that.

yes, we are definitely at fault sometimes for setting expectations that are even unreasonable in many aspets, I assure you that if you decide to purchase us, we'll have a very open and immediate discussion about shipping availability, and this time, I'll make sure to watch over whomever is shipping it to you
    thanks for the lengthy clarification.

Hope you enjoy your product, the tracking was posted earlier in this thread.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint
    hmm... i might have to think twice about ordering from them... another fellow e36 m3 owner on this site that i have talked to in person who lives near by said it was ok but in order to install his new headlights, with allready existing dinann intake he had to cut/shave some of the headlight covering off in order for it to fit properlly.
    That has nothing to do with us It's a function of the headlight depth and intake. Nothing more, nothing less. And there are numerous links for your help to do so:

This is EXTREME, please don't think that it NEEDS to be done this way:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...s+supercharger

My Cars
    Thanks Matt. I hope to receive them tomorrow and hopefully we'll have a smoother transaction in the future.

My Cars
    M5, E61

My Cars
    Widebody 95 & 97 M3s
    Steve (Bsaint), the reason I had to do that to my intake was just because I have Dinan intake. If you don't get a dinan style intake you won't have any problems and even with my intake it wasn't really a problem. I was warned before I bought the headlights of what happens with the two parts. I would defenitly buy products again from Umnitza and thats why i recommended them to you when you said you wanted DDE's. We gotta meet up sometime this week i'll give you a call.

Dan is offline My real name is Charles
    My Cars
    E39 540i/6, Galant VR4
    Everybody shits the bed at least once. it's how they clean it up that counts.

My Cars
    2013 Lexus CT200H
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    exactly....
    GOTDINAN?
    94 325IS *RIP 10-3-05*

My Cars
    B7 Audi & Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Wow, good quote. And glad to hear that this is resolved.

2005 Audi (Purchased 07/09) - 2005 Yamaha R6 (Raven) (Purchased 5/06)
    07/97 BMW (Sold 08/09) - 03/01 Audi A4 1.8TMCX (Sold 06/03)

Please do NOT PM me! Email me: clumpymold@sbcglobal.net