Thread: other water injection setups besides AA?!?

My Cars
    ///3.0 TURBO 325

other water injection setups besides AA?!?

has anyone looked into other water injection setups other then the AA setup? i looked at carol supercharging's setups for awhile. They are really nice. Anyone know of anyone else who makes a kit?

My Cars
    None
    One guy here in SoCA bought a Spearco kit for his SC M3 and returned it. He said it was way too much "mickey moused" so he returned it and bought the AA\Aquamist water injection kit.

My Cars
    2011 e90 M3, 2005 Elise
    the AA kit is a complete rip off. All they do is add a few feet of vinyl tubing, an LED, some wiring and a tank and charge almost 3 times what it costs, retail!

A system 1S from www.kcsaab.com (call them and ask for Brad) is around $400. AA's kit is $1100. It is perfectly safe to drill a 6mm hole in your washer tank and use that as the water reservoir, you end up topping it up with water/alcohol about every 2-3 fillups. I run the euro 5l reservoir.

My Cars
    None
    I have the 1S system too. I havent filled up my water tank for 7000 miles since last December. Right now its 50% full.

Anyways, I'm happy with my setup.

My Cars
    BMW
    If you are up to it, you can build one for about $200. Here's a link to that site with a complete write-up and at the bottom are links to other water injection systems sites.

http://home.att.net/~stevemon/AlcoholInjMod.html

I have been looking at this one :
    http://www.aquatune.com It is a full time water injection system as opposed to those that come on under boost like aquamist. Trying to gather more info right now.

My Cars
    '97 E39
    Do you need to use distilled water for H2O injection.
    Originally posted by Beau
    the turbo is the perfect garbage can....

My Cars
    2011 e90 M3, 2005 Elise
    Aquatune?

It's about as effective as the Tornado! Total piece of junk. I only wish Ultrasonic waves would separate Hydrogen from Oxygen! hhahhahahah. No pump means that you get zero water under boost, too.

-kit

My Cars
    2006 E55 AMG
    is there problem with picking up debris from the resevoir and clogging/ruining something? Cause I know my nozzles clog up every once in a while

RENNtech 168mm Pulley and Tune | VRP Carbon Fiber Airbox | JP Shorty Headers | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | RENNtech Digital Lowering Module | 19" HRE 547R
    459 RWHP, 522 RWT

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Originally posted by psk145
    is there problem with picking up debris from the resevoir and clogging/ruining something? Cause I know my nozzles clog up every once in a while
    This is a bad situation because of the obvious, no water to suppress detonation means bad things for your engine.

My Cars
    ///3.0 TURBO 325
    i know there is alot of universal systems out there, i was pretty sure they AA setup was from another system just changed a bit but i didnt know what setup.. just like there intercoolers are spearco coolers.
    Matthew
    BMW 325i
    AA Stage II Turbo ///M3 3.0 Engine AA Stage II Clutch/Flywheel, AA custom turbo exhaust

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    Aquatune?
    Id never heard of them so I chanced a visit to their website....Even if I didnt know anything about engines or water injection, this quote alone would be enough to close the books, and send me running in the opposite direction:

"This regulator also gives off high ultrasonic waves which in turn splits the base hydrogen molecules from the oxygen molecules giving off super high sprays of water particles and base hydrogen gases. Just as an opera singers correct frequency can shatter glass so the correct frequency shatters/divides the molecules"

Next this device will be splitting the atom. To hell with particle bombardment...We can just call in the opera singers!

"For one thing heat evaporates the water and also note, engines produce "sweat" naturally "

Quick, Joe, the Rightguard!
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boostm3/

My Cars
    just an old 328
    : thats funny stuff!!

so does anyone have any solid ideas besides the pricey AA kit for the injection?
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3