Thread: WTB Getrag 265

My Cars
    volvo 745ti

WTB Getrag 265

Im in need of a Getrag 265 type tranmission, preferably in known good condition, and from an 85. I would also consider a MM modified unit as well.

THANKS!

My Cars
    e21, e30, e36. 02 next in line...
    would that be for an M20? i have two, one from a 84 528e other from 86 325e....84 works great..needs speed sensor crank sensor...86 is in a wrecked car (hit in rear) has speed sensor/crank sensor...engine runs..spins broken cv's and was working before accident..not my crash..but i live in maine...whre do you live? 86 has different speed/crank sensor plug than 84 85...diff wiring harness all together...round plug versus older square plug...i dunno what you need the tranny for but i dont have a speed/crank sensor for you if you need them from an 85...make me an offer if either does you any good
    -Matt

respect the panda

My Cars
    volvo 745ti
    The 265 has a detachable bellhousing. Its found several different cars. 82 was the last year in a 528.

My Cars
    F10 M5
    I have a friend putting a dogleg box in his 535i. He will have a spare 265 after the swap. What are you looking to spend?

My Cars
    volvo 745ti
    Quote Originally Posted by oversteerdawg
    I have a friend putting a dogleg box in his 535i. He will have a spare 265 after the swap. What are you looking to spend?
    how much is he gonna want for it? how much im willing to spend is proportional to condition and milage of the transmission.

thanks!

My Cars
    VolvoTurbo
    Is this by chance going into a volvo?

My Cars
    volvo 745ti
    yes sir, it is sir. volvos manual transmission line up for north america leaves much to be desired. the strongest of which can be grenaded with little over 200lbft to the wheels. these getrags are rated for quite a bit more... quite a bit more, in a car thats quite a bit heavier. the volvo combination of a lighter chassis, and less off the line torque (turbo lag) makes these getrags a very nice addition to our cars.