RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Waterpump + Fuelfilter

My Cars
    '93 Eagle Summit Wagon

Waterpump + Fuelfilter

It looks like I am going to be doing some hard pumping today LOL. I am changing out the plastic pump to the metal pump (water) and putting in a new fuel filter. I am also changing the t-stat and the plastic t-stat housing to aluminum, what are some of the tools needed for all these jobs. I am not using the special tool for the fan removal. Also. I bought bmw anti-freeze and water wetter. What is the mix you guys use?

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

Re: Waterpump + Fuelfilter

Originally posted by ImageDynamicsM3
    It looks like I am going to be doing some hard pumping today LOL. I am changing out the plastic pump to the metal pump (water) and putting in a new fuel filter. I am also changing the t-stat and the plastic t-stat housing to aluminum, what are some of the tools needed for all these jobs. I am not using the special tool for the fan removal. Also. I bought bmw anti-freeze and water wetter. What is the mix you guys use?

Other than the optional fan removal tool, it's all standard handtools. The fan tool is not necessary either, just convenience. I used two bottles of water wetter, and roughly a 60/40 water/coolant ratio. Remember to purge the coolant sywtem.