Thread: WTB: X5 hood, any condition

My Cars
    X5, sorta

WTB: X5 hood, any condition

I still really need an X5 hood. I will be cutting it down and using it on a buggie, so a damaged hood would be perfect. Please let me know if you have something.

My Cars
    X5, sorta
    Maybe some more information will help. I'm building an offroad buggie for rockcrawling competitions. The buggie will be registered with the competition sanctioning body as a BMW X5 because it is different than what everyone else is doing (mostly Jeeps, Toyotas, etc...) and I have not found a cooler looking hood and grill to use. I've been looking at every hood and grill on every vehicle and I cannot find another one I want to use. My buggie is 46 inches wide at the widest point, and the hood will fit inside some tube at the front. That means the section of hood I need is no more than 43 inches wide at the back, and 24 inches wide at the grill. An X5 hood is 64 inches wide at the widest point, so I will be cutting a ton off both sides to make it fit. Cutting so much off, I can take a really trashed hood and make it work perfectly, so if anyone knows of any X5s that have been in an accident, I would really like to have any information as to the whereabouts of that hood. It may be unusable to you, but I can probably use it!

My Cars
    Too many ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by X5RockBuggy
    I still really need an X5 hood. I will be cutting it down and using it on a buggie, so a damaged hood would be perfect. Please let me know if you have something.
    It looks like it's in better condition than you need, but here's one on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646
    "Asphalt is evil, it must be punished!"
    '89 Z1 Dream Black/Alcantara/Camo, Racing Dynamics, the coolest doors known to man -- Sunny days & Sundays
    '90 Z1 Red w/custom red/black French leather, Ground Control coil overs, BBS RV-F --Mais Oui!
    '91 850i Mauritius Blue/Black --1 of 179

'85 M635CSi Alpine -- "Explosive!!!"
    '03 M3 Conv, Imola w/ SMG -- her daily driver
    '17 “30 Jahre” M3, Macao Blue -- 1/500 made

Previously owned: 74 2002 (x2), 85 325e, 80 323i Baur, 94 325iC, 03 325CiC, 80 633CSi, 90 325iC, 98 318ti (Budget M3), 01 X5, 02 X5 4.6is (x2), 94 M3, 98 M3/4, 16 340i

My Cars
    X5, sorta
    Thanks, that one is in good shape. I'm gonna keep my eye on that one, and I may pick that one up if I can't find one for a little less. Too bad I will be cutting so much un-wrinkled metal off it. Anyone have any idea what the missing grill inserts would cost me? I know I can get the emblems for cheap.

My Cars
    X5, sorta
    BTT. Still need one. I'm in Utah, but I would drive a state or two away for a good deal on a beat up hood.

My Cars
    BMW
    I could prob get you one I have to check the price.

My Cars
    X5, sorta
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50
    I could prob get you one I have to check the price.
    PLEASE!!!

My Cars
    X5, sorta
    Still looking, could use fenders too.

My Cars
    X5, sorta
    Okay, so I found a hood. It's in rough shape, but I'll be able to smooth it out and it'll be just fine for what I'm using it for. Now I need a pair of grill inserts, the vent inserts, and a BMW emblem. Anyone have anything? Here's a pic to kinda show you what I'm doing (sorry, it's a crappy camera-phone pic). The one grill insert in the pic is broken, so I need both. Thanks.