Thread: Spanish GP: Predictions?

My Cars
    2004 ///M3 SG/IR/SMG

Spanish GP: Predictions?

So, while our boys in blue (well, white, actually) are working hard on setup, does anyone care to put forth a prediction?

I'm feeling a dark horse podium finish for someone this time around ... say, Button? Or perhaps Raikkonen will finally get a decent engine and have a moment in the sun.

This is, of course, after a Williams one-two.

My Cars
    ?
    Michael
    Maybe a BMW.Williams or the other Ferari
    Button
    It would be nice to see an Arrows in the points, along with the Sauber of Nick Heidfeld, the final points will go to one of the McLarens.

I don't think that Mercedes has the power to be a top contender this year. The chassis is supposed to be the best the Adrian Newey as ever done, but the engine blows.

If the BMW holds together it should be quick. But, I think that Michael is just about unbeatable this year.

Brian

My Cars
    1996 M3 lux, 1988 325
    Ferrari.
    == Stable mates ==
    -1996 M3 Lux, bright red (hellrot), Modena interior. Aus Freude Am Fahren!

-1988 325, Alpenweiss. The commuter.
    BMW HOWTOs

My Cars
    ?
    Personally, I don't want BMW to do well. BMW is a sports car company and Gerhard Berger has forgotten about that. I will not root for a BMW powered racing car on the world stage untill BMW rebuilds it's sporting car programs. According to it's designer, the BMW LMW would still be a front runner in the ALMS, but Gerhard shelved it because he wants 100% focus on F1. Same with the M3 GTR, BMW has the resources to do what the ACO decreed, but Gerhard took the easy way out.

Brian

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 999R
    I think Ralf is going to show his brother some dust this round.

Practice:

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher headed an unexpected top six after Friday's practice for the Spanish Grand Prix. Although the German took his familiar place at the top of the time sheets, he was less than a tenth of a second faster than the Arrows of compatriot Heinz-Harald Frentzen.
    Renault's Jenson Button also got the better of a Ferrari, beating Rubens Barrichello into third place, while Olivier Panis finished the day fifth fastest at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya. And just to prove the pace of the Arrows, Enrique Bernoldi joined team mate Frentzen inside the day's top six, outpacing both Williams and McLaren.
    '95 M3 Dakar
    New bloody tyres, new bloody valve cover gasket, new bloody oil pan gasket, new bloody o2 sensor, new bloody engine mounts, new bloody..

My Cars
    2004 ///M3 SG/IR/SMG
    I don't think everyone's playing their full hand in practice, though ... gotta save a few surprises for the race ...

Edit: Especially Schumi, he loves that stuff!

My Cars
    ?
    Results from the Spanish Grand Prix:
    1) Michael Schumacher, Marlboro/Vodafone Ferrari,
    2) Juan Pablo Montoya, Compaq Williams/BMW, (-35.630sec)
    3) David Coulthard, West McLaren/Mercedes, (-42.621)
    4) Nick Heidfeld, Red Bull Sauber/Petronas, (-1:06.697)
    5) Felipe Massa, Red Bull Sauber/Petronas, (-1:18.973)
    6) Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Orange Arrows/Cosworth, (-1:20.430)

It looks like the fight for the World Championship is just about finished, as Michael now has a huge lead in the points. How about Sauber putting 2 cars in the points and Arrows getting the last point? Good show.

Brian

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan 5-spd
    Originally posted by BMLRacer
    Personally, I don't want BMW to do well. BMW is a sports car company and Gerhard Berger has forgotten about that. I will not root for a BMW powered racing car on the world stage untill BMW rebuilds it's sporting car programs. According to it's designer, the BMW LMW would still be a front runner in the ALMS, but Gerhard shelved it because he wants 100% focus on F1. Same with the M3 GTR, BMW has the resources to do what the ACO decreed, but Gerhard took the easy way out.

Brian
    man, I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. The day they pulled the plug on the LMP was a sad day.
    I travel to Germany on the average of every other month for my job, and I have expressed that feeling to a lot of German friends who love motorsports (especially F1) and I have to say for the most part they cannot even begin to understand the way we feel about BMW and F1. The perspective of people in Germany is one of "Duh, what kind of company wouldn't want to focus on F1?" When I ask them about Porsche, they always say, "The'll get their heads out of their asses soon enough."
    Expressing an opinion even slightly against F1 in Germany is blasphemy on the highest level.

but in the mean time ''go williams''