Thread: Air In 850i Petrol Tank

My Cars
    750li

Question Air In 850i Petrol Tank

:[I]help [B]HELLO EVERYBODY
    THERE IS AN AIR IN THE PETROL TANK ,IDONT NO HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM .

My Cars
    88 M3, 72 MGB, 82 VW Scirocco, 71 Impala, more
    Hi. I think you are asking if there is an air vent in the tank. Give a post with descriptions of your problem(s)...You know the 24th and 25th are pretty big holidays in the US and that's where most of us are.

If your car runs OK for a few minutes but then shuts off, but will re-start and run OK if you take the gas cap off, in general this is what happens when the gas tank vent mechanism is not working right. Now I don't know what exact model (euro, US, special for Dubai?) 850 you have, but most BMWs vent through a charcoal cannister.

I hope this is of some little help.

Mark

My Cars
    750li
    thanks for your interesting to reply
    the problem is when i go to the petrol station to refill the car it take long time more than 10 minute because of the air in the fuel tank.
    albahar

My Cars
    '91 850i '95 840Ci,
    Hello

There is a line from the top of the petrol tank to the top of the filler where you put fuel in. If the hose has a low spot and has fuel in that low spot it may not allow air to come out that way. there should be a small hole in the side of the filler near the top. Perhaps blowing a little compressed air in that hole may help. If it takes a lot of air then stop before you break something and have the hoses checked.

There is also a rubber hose from the bottom of the metal filler to the petrol tank that may be bad so check it also.
    Terry
    '95 840Ci Arctic Silver
    '98 740i Arctic Silver
    '98 SVT Cobra Mustang Convertible
    www.wuffer.net
    www.8coupe.com
    www.8er.org