Thread: Silverstar headlight questions and fog light questions

My Cars
    96 M3, 86 Saleen Mustang, 96 FullSize Bronco

Silverstar headlight questions and fog light questions

Ok -

Bought the SilverStar lamps for my M....I love them. I mean I really love them. Very very white.

Couple of questions..

The 9005ST (low beam) is 1700 lumens/70 watt max, while the high beam is 1000 lumens/60 watt max. Or I may have them reversed. In any case, they're correct on the car My question, that I off course just realized now is - why could I not run the 9005's in both sockets, low and high. Is there a difference in the lamp itself ? I thought the real difference in high and low was the pattern that the housing/lens threw out, not the bulb.

And now that the headlights are so white, what foglight bulb can I use to match the color- approx 4000k? Doing the mod (superfoglights) is cool, just want to match as close as possible.

Love these bulbs !
    96 Arctic Silver M3 - Kuhmo Estcas on Hartge Type D 18's, PAR Intake, Sharked, Elipsoids w/ Gen Iv HID Blue DDE's and smoke corners/SuperFog, TMS LTW flywheel & TME's, X-Brace, JT RSM's,ConeCam video gear & stealth mounted V1 w/ InV1siMirror,JT undertray, Motorsport rotors w/ Ferodo DS 3000 and 2500's, Bilstein Sports with Eibach's,SwayBarbarians & UUC SS Comp Evo SSK, SuperSprint exhaust and Schroth harness'es, JT brake ducts......Coming - front and rear JT braces...
    My name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You lapped my father. Prepare to die.

My Cars
    '99 323ti, '20 X5
    You CAN use the highbeam bulb in the lowbeam housing. You just need to take a dremel tool and cut off a little bit of the tab (hold the two bulbs next to each other and you'll see what I'm talking about).
    -Bungy.

1999 323ti
    2005 530i 6-speed
    2020 X5
    2013 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    Aha, I failed to see the difference at the time. Cool, one down, one to go...
    96 Arctic Silver M3 - Kuhmo Estcas on Hartge Type D 18's, PAR Intake, Sharked, Elipsoids w/ Gen Iv HID Blue DDE's and smoke corners/SuperFog, TMS LTW flywheel & TME's, X-Brace, JT RSM's,ConeCam video gear & stealth mounted V1 w/ InV1siMirror,JT undertray, Motorsport rotors w/ Ferodo DS 3000 and 2500's, Bilstein Sports with Eibach's,SwayBarbarians & UUC SS Comp Evo SSK, SuperSprint exhaust and Schroth harness'es, JT brake ducts......Coming - front and rear JT braces...

Re: Silverstar headlight questions and fog light questions

Originally posted by AgileM3
    Ok -

Bought the SilverStar lamps for my M....I love them. I mean I really love them. Very very white.

Couple of questions..

The 9005ST (low beam) is 1700 lumens/70 watt max, while the high beam is 1000 lumens/60 watt max. Or I may have them reversed. In any case, they're correct on the car My question, that I off course just realized now is - why could I not run the 9005's in both sockets, low and high. Is there a difference in the lamp itself ? I thought the real difference in high and low was the pattern that the housing/lens threw out, not the bulb.

And now that the headlights are so white, what foglight bulb can I use to match the color- approx 4000k? Doing the mod (superfoglights) is cool, just want to match as close as possible.

Love these bulbs !
    I love my SilverStars as well. I'm using the 55w 9006s for the fogs in my '02 330ci. They match the xenon lows pretty well for under $50 a pair.

My Cars
    Hmm...wonder if the 96's foglights can be modded to accept a 9006......

Anyone ? Bueller?

My Cars
    Originally posted by bungy42
    You CAN use the highbeam bulb in the lowbeam housing. You just need to take a dremel tool and cut off a little bit of the tab (hold the two bulbs next to each other and you'll see what I'm talking about).
    Oh, and thanks Bungy