Thread: Strange buzzing sound from the engine bay......

Strange buzzing sound from the engine bay......

After a spirited drive and coming to an idle, there's a buzzing/vibrating sound coming from the front of the car (it appears to be coming from the front) each time I blip the throttle. The noise sounds as if Im power braking with an automatic....that buzzing/rubbing noisie. I can actually feel the vibration in the steering wheel.

I just started having this problem...but after a few minutes of normal driving, it seems to go away. It only seems to happen after I've been putting the car through it's paces and then coming to a complete stop. I havent noticed any loss of performance...but am a little concerned about the cause of this sound....any ideas?

I have a SC'd 97 M3 (59k miles) with a vortech blower..... I've had the blower for 2 years now and maintain the car very well. The last inspection II was performed about 28k miles ago.

My Cars
    E34 530i 5 speed

Check your

... power steering fluid level. Is the noise worse when you crank the steering wheel when cold?

Both sold. Now: Black 94 E34 530i-5sp

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Have you checked your engine mounts or the alignment of the pulley(s)?

I dont believe it's the power steering fluid... I only hear that sound after running the car hard and coming to a complete stop. When the car is cold and I turn the wheel, etc., there is no noise. The noise is more of a buzzing/humming tone rather than vibrating....but I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel.

I havent checked the engine mounts or pulley....
    2002 996TT
    2002 330CI Cab
    1997 Dinan SC'ed M3 (SOLD)