Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing moments in your E36...

My Cars
    Shopping cart magnet.

Embarrassing moments in your E36...

When the hot chick in your car next to you asks why your clear corner is flapping in the wind.

My Cars
    Bmw 335 coupe, M-Tech Ti project, Porsche 986
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth C.
    When the hot chick in your car next to you asks why your clear corner is flapping in the wind.
    bwahaha.....Its sad because i can relate.

Performance by CG Motorsports

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    When I had a car full of friends and my clutch went out

My Cars
    93 325is
    when your passenger asks you why your car has no cupholders...and you answer "because it's an extra $90 at the dealer.
    UUC|AC Schnitzer|AA|Ecis|Ground Control|Koni|H&R|Rieger|BMW Motorsport|Hamann|Pirelli

My Cars
    2014 X1 xdrive/2013 WRX
    flying down I-90 when the water pump goes out and car over heats at 3am
    and Having people slow down a bit just too look at me and my steamy car while I wait 1 hour for the tow truck to arrive

My Cars
    2014 X1 xdrive/2013 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XmEnNiNjA
    when your passenger asks you why your car has no cupholders...and you answer "because it's an extra $90 at the dealer.

hahahahaha

My Cars
    92 bmw 325i, 75 trans am
    heres a good one, out on a first date with probally the hottest girl to date

2 things happen

-car overheats in traffic
    - just got new rims didnt think about my CAI,
    turned a sharp corner and the tire caught my filter, ripped it right out and i ran it over! i had to pull over and run on the street to pic up the peices

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe
    *this was when i first got my car* sitting at a red light, looking all cool. then i couldn't get into first (common problem) and stalled it when everyone was checking out the car

My Cars
    325is and one more
    A half hour ago, just washed my car because temp went up to minus 3 celcius and that means it is less likely that my locks will freeze. So I'm tooling back to work in my shiney new ride, drive by a high school, notice a group of 7 kid checking out my car then...WAP WAP, two slush snow balls make hard contact with my rear quarter panel. I do the classic outrage power stop, slam it into reverse back to the group in time to see two kids take off running.
    I have a flash back to when I used to do this, start laughing while at the same time crying on the inside because I am now the adult who gets snow balls thrown at his car.

My Cars
    1995 E34 S52, 2013 X5d
    *one day into driving stick* I am in traffic and stall out and the guy behind me in the smallest hyundai you can buy is beeping at me and giving the finger.

My Cars
    M54,M52,EJ25
    When I was giving my old boss a ride (who was all about his Grand Prix vs my BMW) and the radiator neck breaks...

330ci ZHP + ZPP + ZCW - SilberGrau on Black Heated Leather - 6MT - Adaptive+Dynamic Xenons
    328is ZPP - Black on Sand Leather - BBS RX - ZKWs
    Subaru BG Outback 5MT - Blue/Gray - WRX Wheels + Altimax Arctics

My Cars
    328is, 330cic, 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    When I had a car full of friends and my clutch went out
    @ how many miles?

Stalling has been my worst sittuation.

My Cars
    Too Damn Fine
    Well, the lastest has been the fuel pump going out @50 mph ridin down the road . . .
    sittin on the side of the hwy, grateful it wasn't raining

My Cars
    bimmer
    It happened to me two weeks ago.
    I feel you bro..

My Cars
    E46 M3
    When it was on the back of a tow truck with $13,000 in damage. (I slid out and hit a tree) Two months after buying the car.

My Cars
    '92 318iS Mauritiusblau
    Was gonna drive a girl I have a thing for and some of her friends home, and it was pouring down outside. Seriously hasn't rained that bad in ten years in my area, the roads looked like shallow rivers. Anyway, picked them up, and after about five minutes of driving the DME flooded, car started juddering and stalling and finally went to a stop 100m from her driveway. She had to run the rest of the way in the rain, didn't even have a coat or an umbrella to offer her. And right after she had left the car started and I could drive the rest of them home So everytime I see them and my car is mentioned the others are like "is that the one that can't handle rain?"

My Cars
    E36, E6, G80
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVsHoT
    heres a good one, out on a first date with probally the hottest girl to date

2 things happen

-car overheats in traffic
    - just got new rims didnt think about my CAI,
    turned a sharp corner and the tire caught my filter, ripped it right out and i ran it over! i had to pull over and run on the street to pic up the peices
    I like this one the most

I've only had my e36 for 2 months so hopefully I won't have to go through any embarassing moments for awhile.

-Robert

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by amdspitfire
    @ how many miles?

Stalling has been my worst sittuation.

My Cars
    e36 M3
    Driving home in the rain and a guy in front of me was slow. Downshifted to 2nd, push the gas and slipped on a man hole. I lost control and ran into the other lane. This is on residential roads with double lines in the middle. I almost hit the car parked on the other side. Cars behind me on the lane I started and in front on the lane I jumped in stopped. Gave me a heart attack and I can't imagine what the other drivers were thinking or maybe I just don't want to.

My Cars
    89 325ix, 85 eta
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth C.

you can change the wording slighty for my story. I was showing my buddy how fun my car was blastin down a country road at 115 when we hear this thud and whoosing sound. at that speed my crapped out wheel well liner ripped off and took the clear corner with it.

the cool thing was the clear corner was perfectly fine, not even the signal bulb was broken!!!!

felt bad because it was the first time my buddy had been in my car......
    Hold on let me get my laptop and read this on the toilet.
    --DrDub

My Cars
    ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phatman
    Was gonna drive a girl I have a thing for and some of her friends home, and it was pouring down outside. Seriously hasn't rained that bad in ten years in my area, the roads looked like shallow rivers. Anyway, picked them up, and after about five minutes of driving the DME flooded, car started juddering and stalling and finally went to a stop 100m from her driveway. She had to run the rest of the way in the rain, didn't even have a coat or an umbrella to offer her. And right after she had left the car started and I could drive the rest of them home So everytime I see them and my car is mentioned the others are like "is that the one that can't handle rain?"
    I like this one the best! LOL.

My Cars
    ///M3
    At Bimmerfest, My battery died after a group of us stopped. Then me and my friend had to go into a Church to ask for jumper cables. Worst thing is... 2 mins later a bride and groom came out of the church and Im standing there trying to jump my car.

My Cars
    86 325es fixing, new car 1993 cadillac seville
    when i act cool at the school when i get droped of at and everyone is looking i go to put my window up it desides to go down then i put it up and it goes down and looks like crap.
    Last edited by vteckilla; 12-09-2004 at 08:11 PM.

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    anytime i have some girl in the car and she asks me to put the top down. as im putting it down it slams in to the top lid and makes a really loud crashing sound. the girl looks at me like "omg did your car just break?"

then there was that one time when i driving with this really hot chick. i was all into her and paying attention to her instead of the road. so she goes oh get off here. so i go to change lanes and didnt see they had a little curb like 3" (it was nighttime) so we hit it at 70mph and the car just launches and comes slamming down. she goes "OMG we couldve flipped so easily there." i jsut thought "oh shit shes right". so embrassing.

there are some more but definetly the best moment was when me and that same girl from the curb thing were driving home and some ferrari f355 rolled up next to us. we ended up racing and it was pretty damn close. she was really impressed with the 332 then.

My Cars
    1992 325i - 5 Speed Swap
    Luckily I have not had any bad experiences with girls in the car. I was one of the first kids in my class to get my license and I had my BMW so I was giving all the girls rides home every day - not one incident with a 1992 325.

Anyway, my most embarrasing was when I installed my battery incorrectly and reversed the terminals. My friends truck was dead so I took the battery out of my trunk and used it to start his car since we didn't have cables. When I put it back in I reversed the terminals. Now, one is bigger than the other so it didn't fit right at first. So what do I do? I take a hammer (which I happen to have in the trunk) and hammer the terminals on incorrectly. Well there were sparks and then a man walking by tells me theres smoke coming out of the engine. Well, I fried my alternator and killed the battery. I was able to drive home just on battery power and now I have a new battery and a used '98 M3 alternator instead of the stock one - I figure that's good for about +10 HP

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast