Thread: Angel Eye Headlight Cover

Angel Eye Headlight Cover

Anyone know where I may be able to obtain a headlight cover for my passenger angel eye headlight? I got a scrape on it and would like to replace it. Anyone ever buff a scrape out? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiero
    Anyone know where I may be able to obtain a headlight cover for my passenger angel eye headlight? I got a scrape on it and would like to replace it. Anyone ever buff a scrape out? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    aren't they all one piece headlights? I thought that the only way was to replace the whole unit

My Cars
    '06 350z, '99 328ic, 01' S2000, 00' Jetta VR
    Well the cover does come off but you have to put it in the oven and melt the glue around the edges. It doesnt melt anything but the glue. Thats how you would paint the orange reflector piece. You put the whole headlight in the oven on 315 for about 8 minutes then pry the cover off with a screwdriver. But you have to make sure the headlight doesnt touch any metal. Put a piece of cardboard over a baking sheet, then put the headlight on top. Ive done it lots of times with my angel eyes that i had on my 528i, somehow i didnt like the angel eyes so i converted to the older xenon headlights with m5 clear corners(half orange and half clear).