Thread: Still need help finding a shaking issue.

My Cars
    1997 318I

Still need help finding a shaking issue.

My front end will shake if I am going about 60-70mph and I curve to the left. It does not shake going straight or veering to the right. For some reason it does this only to the left. It is not my rotors or tires. Had them checked out. Does anyone have an idea? Will have a mechanic check in a few days but would like to do something sooner.

My Cars
    '98 328i/4
    I had a similar problem - turned out it was a bad ball joint at the passengers side wheel. It seems to happen more frequently to the ball joints on the passengers side of the car, probably because of the amount of pot holes you're likely to hit on that side.

To test if your ball joint is bad jack up that wheels, then grab the wheel with one hand at 3 o'clock and one at 9 o'clock. Pull on the wheel back and forth and feel for play. In my case I could actually see the play in the ball joint when I took the tire and wheel off.

The bestv remody is to replace the control arms whcih has 2 ball joints on each arm. you should replace both arms at the same time - they go for about $90-100 each.
    1998 328i/4 Boston Green
    X-Brace, Eibach Pro Kit/Bilstein Sport, M3 Rear Sway
    BMW Traffic Pro - a/d/s P650.2 & 3.45is - JL Audio Stealthboxes[/size]