Thread: Coolant out, temp up

My Cars
    325is and one more

Coolant out, temp up

Coolant on the ground, front driver's side, temperature climbs and climbs.

Could feel coolant on the hose attatched at the bottom driver's side...is this that crap plastic neck if been reading bout?

Anyways, I had my cooling system flushed for sludge two weeks ago and wonder if those dorks cracked this neck, or is this just a symtom of a water pump failure?

Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    325is and one more

Arrow

Bump

Any advice on my coolant leak before I go to a garage and get violated because I don't know what's going on would be great.

Lets recap:
    Saw Temp Gage climb like a Sherpa and almost hit red before I pulled over and let it cool down. Llimped home. Thats when I saw the coolant in my parking spot.
    Could not trace the leak but did feel coolant on the bottom neck. With a medium warm engine, the coolant level read at the 'cold' level. I slowly released the radiator cap and as it hissed, watched the coolant level rise.

A garage recently flushed my cooling system for sludge.

Come on gurus, lay some facts on me.

My Cars
    potato
    sounds like your thermostat's going - best way is to just take the water pump out and see if the impeller's intact.

My Cars
    325is and one more
    Quote Originally Posted by supark
    sounds like your thermostat's going - best way is to just take the water pump out and see if the impeller's intact.
    Aren't you saying two different things;either my thermostat is toast or my water pump is lame. My bought my car with 220,000k on it so I think it has the composite/metal impeller water pump.

What I'm looking for is the logic loop one goes through to diagnose coolant issues...that whole differential diagnosis thing...if a then b, if not c then go to c, etc.

Update:
    This morning I topped up the radiator with some more coolant and made a call to set up my garage raping. Took a little drive and the temp gage stayed at normal. So maybe it was just air in the line.

Flush was two weeks ago so I did not think it would take so long for a air pocket to reveal itself. Anyone have experience with this sort of delayed reaction?