Thread: Welcome A W to the Z3 Forum!

My Cars

Thumbs up Welcome A W to the Z3 Forum!

Yet another Z3er from Toronto (see Gimp and RC Shan)!!

Welcome to BimmerForums Z3 Forum!

By the way, any chance you like Star Wars and plan on supercharging your car??? Standard question- pay no attention to me.....

My Cars
    01 M Coupe, 11 E90 M3
    Thanks for the welcome. After seeing your mods I am very tempted to get one but I am leaning towards staying away from forced induction by trading up for an 01/02 model. Besides, I am building up my GSR for the track. I will need more encouragement to go to the darkside.

Anselm
    01 BMW M Coupe
    20 Porsche Macan Turbo
    11 BMW M3
    18 Porsche GT3
    16 Porsche GT4 *sold*
    98 BMW M roadster *sold*
    11 BMW M3 *RIP*

My Cars
    M Roadster
    Welcome fellow canuck!

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth

Thumbs up

Another welcome from Canada, from Québec this time!

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

Welcome A W!..

when's the new generation z3 coming out?.. perfect if you trade it in around 2003.. i think the new one is coming out soon....
    RC

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    dude, look at phil's #s, then look at a stock M roadster with the S54... Phil will whoop its behind back to bavaria (errrr, south carolina).

PS. Phil is "///MRoadster" (blown S52) and he also has a "not quite stock" WRX.

don't worry anselm, we will turn you... "and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son!" uhhh, sorry about that.
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    '07 335i, '07 Ducati S4RS Testastretta
    A W, welcome to the coolest place around. This is our home, where we can kick back, relax, and not have to worry about others calling our power claims fake...cough-cough...road-something or another dot com...cough-cough.

You are following in my path. I had a 1994 Integra GS-R with one of the first Jackson Racing supercharger systems ever produced for that car. The fastest time I could get was 13.7 on the 1/4 mile, that's with full body kit and racing slicks on the front.

My Cars
    01 M Coupe, 11 E90 M3
    Wow this board is so friendly compared to other boards. It's great and thanks for all the welcome msgs.

///Mroadster/ Phil
    I can't seem to give up on the GSR as it is such a great car. Slower in stock form than my M but there are so many performance options for the GSR. I was about to add a supercharger to the GSR 2 years ago but I blew up my engine and the new one I put in was JDM spec and had too high a compression ratio to charge without changing out the pistons so kept it normally aspirated. Still it has been good to me. Current mods give me 171 hp at the wheels and I have not even changed cams yet! With the current power set up I am doing low 14s 1/4 mile times but I do have the Type R tranny.

So you have a WRX too! Those are great cars. Several friends of mine own them and they make great power with minimal mods. The only warning they gave me is that the stock motor can only take about 17 to 20 psi(I can't remember the exact level they told me) before blowing up. They have been testing new parts and what they find is that everytime they turn the boost past this level the motors go. I assume with a bit better tuning they could do more but I think the internals are not strong enough for sustained high levels of boost. Still it is an unbelievable car for standard mods.

If I don't upgrade the M to an 01/02 model I will supercharge the 98 after I finish the N/A set up on the GSR. All that is going on the M this year is Jim C intake and Jim C shark injector.

Does anyone know if the Shark injector works on Canadian spec Ms? On several online stores it says they only work on US spec cars? Also are there any dealers in Canada for Jim C products or can I only get them from the US?

Thanks,

Anselm
    01 BMW M Coupe
    20 Porsche Macan Turbo
    11 BMW M3
    18 Porsche GT3
    16 Porsche GT4 *sold*
    98 BMW M roadster *sold*
    11 BMW M3 *RIP*

My Cars
    Yeah, that's right, I forgot Phillip is an ex-Integra guru! And with your fellow Torontoans, A W, you should feel real welcome here!

If you are one person who is not mod-crazy and warranties are important to you, I'd encourage you to pursue a newer M, they have good financing now on them cuz this body style is on it's way out .

But if you want every ounce of power you can find, join us, come to the dark side of the Blown Z3 Gang.

My Cars
    '07 335i, '07 Ducati S4RS Testastretta

Memories...

Those were the days...
    Last edited by ///MINI; 06-15-2007 at 05:34 PM.

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    I think we have a convert in the making... he's slowly starting to question trading up to the S54.... yesssss!
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    Once they crave more power and torque, it's a slippery slope...